Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all...
Long time DJI pilot (P4, P4P, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, and now my new M3P).   This is the first time I've used a DJI remote with built-in screen.  I actually like it, EXCEPT the UI is so laggy in every way possible.

Click a button on screen, takes half sec to full sec for it to respond.  The mini map showing the motion of the drone while in flight, is so STOP-MOTION that it is difficult to get the drone arrow onto the return line.   Scrolling lists is kinda painful.
Doesn't matter if I am connected to the M3P, out on location, or sitting in my home.

Also, does it really take 3 seconds to switch lenses or is this part of the problem I'm seeing?
Anyone else seeing this kind of problem?

Open to suggestions.

NOTE: As of June 1st 2023, all firmware updates have been completed on both the M3P and the DJI RC.

2023-6-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

To put it bluntly, the RC is a toy. It's expensive, but get the RC Pro. Well worth it!!
2023-6-2
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-2 11:01
To put it bluntly, the RC is a toy. It's expensive, but get the RC Pro. Well worth it!!

Thanks M.   Kinda surprised though, this thing isn't super cheap either, and it seems like less of a toy than the M2P remote...   that said... I do agree... feels a bit flimsy.
2023-6-2
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Mabou2 Posted at 6-2 12:25
Thanks M.   Kinda surprised though, this thing isn't super cheap either, and it seems like less of a toy than the M2P remote...   that said... I do agree... feels a bit flimsy.

That was my feeling as well, the first time I used the RC.  I felt like being back to using a 2400/300 modem to access internet... you click something on the screen, and wait, wait, wait...

The radio is pleasant to hold, but that's where the enjoyment stops.

If you can justify the cost, the RC Pro will restore your faith...
2023-6-2
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-2 11:01

I don't see the RC Pro to be that fast reacting to input....not at all. I was hoping it would in fact be much more responsive as compared to the RC but I don't find it to be so. I have the RC and also the NC-R1 (is that right?) that is used with my phone and hands down, my phone is MUCH more responsive but I guess that is understandable with a much more powerful chip, I assume.
2023-6-2
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

digibud Posted at 6-2 18:07
I don't see the RC Pro to be that fast reacting to input....not at all. I was hoping it would in fact be much more responsive as compared to the RC but I don't find it to be so. I have the RC and also the NC-R1 (is that right?) that is used with my phone and hands down, my phone is MUCH more responsive but I guess that is understandable with a much more powerful chip, I assume.

Often it pays off to have both RC on next to eachother to see the difference.. Your Mobile is not an RC, so a bit pointless in this thread...

Unless you are planning to buy the DJI RC Pro to play games and make phone calls, in which case, yes, your mobile would be probably faster, but not more useful anyway as you are still missing all the extra controls available in the RC Pro..
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for attention. Regarding the issue when switching lenses on DJI Mavic 3 Pro, the three camera lenses on the Mavic 3 Pro come with different parameters, therefore, it takes some time to configure the parameters when switching between cameras, which results in a delay.

Note: This phenomenon only occurs when taking photos or recording videos in normal mode, and it does not occur in explore mode.

Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-2
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I have no problems using the RC remote, everything works fine. I have no doubt that with a phone or RC Pro the sensations will be different, but this does not drastically affect the use of remotes.
2023-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer hit the bottom line:  Compared to the RC Pro the RC is a dumbed down toy.  Not as bright of a display, no HDMI out, no 3rd party Apps, etc.  I personally have found the RC Pro well worth the money.  
2023-6-3
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 04:47
Mobilehomer hit the bottom line:  Compared to the RC Pro the RC is a dumbed down toy.  Not as bright of a display, no HDMI out, no 3rd party Apps, etc.  I personally have found the RC Pro well worth the money.

Agreed.  My Mavic 3 came with the RC-N1 and at some point I bought the RC for it, not wanting to spend the bucks for the RC Pro. Then the Mav 3 Pro came out and by that time I had decided I'd get the RC Pro after all but sheesh...the Mav3 Pro wasn't sold alone or with an RC Pro other than with two more batteries that I didn't need so I bought the Mav3 Pro with an RC and THEN ordered a RC Pro. Painful. Now I have a Mav 3 and a Mav3 Pro and an RC-N1 and a RC and an RC Pro...and...oh...a Tripltek too. I won't bother listing the other drones, sigh....
2023-6-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 04:47

... exactly my opinion!   
2023-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

digibud Posted at 6-3 09:50
Agreed.  My Mavic 3 came with the RC-N1 and at some point I bought the RC for it, not wanting to spend the bucks for the RC Pro. Then the Mav 3 Pro came out and by that time I had decided I'd get the RC Pro after all but sheesh...the Mav3 Pro wasn't sold alone or with an RC Pro other than with two more batteries that I didn't need so I bought the Mav3 Pro with an RC and THEN ordered a RC Pro. Painful. Now I have a Mav 3 and a Mav3 Pro and an RC-N1 and a RC and an RC Pro...and...oh...a Tripltek too. I won't bother listing the other drones, sigh....

Might be time to sell a few of the not needed RCs.  I love my RC Pro and no doubt you'll enjoy yours as well.  I also have the TriplTek 9 Pro that I use to fly my used Mini 2.  That 1300 Nit display does come in handy on some of these bright, sunny days.
2023-6-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Reply #18 - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=290404#pid3044458
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI