Mavic 3 Pro v.s. Mavic 2 Pro - difference in color profile?
498 4 2023-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

I have used Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Air 2S, Mavic 3, and now Mavic 3 Pro. There is a big difference in the list of the default color profiles in Adobe Camera Raw, for the DNG files captured by these drones.

If you open one of the DNG files captured by Mavic 2 Pro (or Mavic Air 2S) in Adobe Lightroom Classic or Photoshop (both uses Adobe Camera Raw), you will see a list of six default color profiles (Adobe Color, Adobe of Landscape, Adobe Portrait, Adobe Standard, Adobe Vivid, Adobe Monochrome).
WechatIMG1797.jpeg

However, there are only two available color profile for the DNG files captured by Mavic 3, and Mavic 3 Pro. They are Color and Monochrome. This applies to the main camera (24mm), the 3X camea (72mm), and the 7X camera (166mm) for Mavic 3 Pro, also the main camera (24mm) and 7X camera (162mm) for Mavic 3.

WechatIMG1796.jpeg

Why is such a big difference? Why the users of Mavic 3/Pro cannot select color profiles like Adobe Landscape, or Adobe Standard?
2023-6-2
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

I can not choose any other profile than "colour" or "embedded" with DNG-files from my Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom.
No other choices, and I have tried two versions of Adobe Camera Raw, 9.1.1 and 13.0.0.
2023-6-2
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

I discovered that recent versions of Adobe Camera Raw has a huge number of different "profiles " to choose from, althought they look more like presets to me.
But Adobe lists them under the profile tab. Basic, Artistic, B&W, Modern and Vintage, with several different profiles under each choice.

2023-6-2
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 6-2 11:33
I can not choose any other profile than "colour" or "embedded" with DNG-files from my Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom.
No other choices, and I have tried two versions of Adobe Camera Raw, 9.1.1 and 13.0.0.

I am using the latest version of Camera RAW, 15.3.1.
2023-6-2
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 6-2 11:58
I discovered that recent versions of Adobe Camera Raw has a huge number of different "profiles " to choose from, althought they look more like presets to me.
But Adobe lists them under the profile tab. Basic, Artistic, B&W, Modern and Vintage, with several different profiles under each choice.

My personal experience is, when I open the RAW files captured by Canon DSLR, Mavic 2 Pro, and Mavic Air 2S, in Adobe Camera RAW, it may show different set of color profiles, but they all share a core set of color profile, named "Adobe Raw". Inside "Adobe Raw", you shall find seven different profiles, namely:

- Adobe Color
- Adobe Monochrome
- Adobe Landscape
- Adobe Neutral
- Adobe Portrait
- Adobe Standard
- Adobe Vivid

The naming convention for this set of profile is unique, because it starts with "Adobe" as prefix. All the other profiles does not have such a prefix.
When I open the RAW files captured by Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro, or some JPG files captured by my phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) in Adove Camera RAW, the core set "Adobe RAW" is missing in the Profile Browser.

My guess is that it has something to do with the differences between the RAW files from Mavic 2 Pro v.s. Mavic 3 Pro.

I am waiting for a more technical explaination from DJI's engineering team.

2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules