Focus issues Mini 3 Pro
431 6 2023-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinF
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi!

I´ve had my Mini 3 Pro for about a week and I keep having issues with focus. Mainly autofocus but also manual focus. I have the latest firmware and I know about the tap to focus. A lot of times I will get soft focused images and video. Seems like I can have good focus, switch photo mode or between D-cinelika and normal and then the focus is off.
And I´ve noticed that AF tap to focus works well for close and medium distance while being in the air but sometimes a focus on close to the horizon will give soft focus.
Also when using manual focus, a few notches before infinity focus works fine but if I go to the mountain symbol the image is soft.
Anyone else experience this or know of a solution?
2023-6-2
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Why not use focus peaking & get the focus sharp where ever you want it to be?
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, we apologize for the inconvenience. In AFS mode, tap the target on the screen, and the priority is given to ensure that the position is in the best focal plane, and thus the resolution of other peripheral positions may be slightly poorer at this time. The deviation may be more obvious in DJI Mini 3 Pro lens due to the larger aperture and shallower depth of field. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-2
Use props
MartinF
lvl.1

Sweden

Ranjan Posted at 6-2 18:02
Why not use focus peaking & get the focus sharp where ever you want it to be?

Yeah, I do that too but it´s not very precise. And it shows the further parts of the landscape to be in focus when on the "mountain" symbol. Which it is not. And I want the functioning AF that I paid for ;)
2023-6-3
Use props
MartinF
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-2 21:03
Hello, we apologize for the inconvenience. In AFS mode, tap the target on the screen, and the priority is given to ensure that the position is in the best focal plane, and thus the resolution of other peripheral positions may be slightly poorer at this time. The deviation may be more obvious in DJI Mini 3 Pro lens due to the larger aperture and shallower depth of field. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes, peripheral objects might not be perfectly in focus due to shallow depth of field... but when tapping on an object near the horizon nothing is in focus. Not even the horizon.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MartinF Posted at 6-3 00:21
Yes, peripheral objects might not be perfectly in focus due to shallow depth of field... but when tapping on an object near the horizon nothing is in focus. Not even the horizon.

Thank you for your response. Could you please provide us with a video showing the issue? Please upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-5
Use props
Sland1
New
Flight distance : 15604 ft
Austria

I have Isues with my focus too.

I recived my Mini 3 pro yesterday and tried it out instantly, everythin went fine. I turned it off, charged it and after a few hours i flew again, but my focus does not work corectly. Wehen i tapp to focus, it does the usual Focus move (focusing near to far) and it makes the sound which indicates it is in focus, but its totaly off focus.
I solved the isue by reloading the firmware update on the drone using the dji Assistant 2 software.

Today i flew again, everything ws perfectly finem. after i turned it of, charged it, i wanted to fly again and had the exact same Issue. i then reloaded the firlmare againe, and it solved the isue. Untill now its still in focus and everything seems right.

I hope this maybe fixes your isue completely, but it doesnt for me.
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules