Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WARNING: FCC HACK DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE (SOLVED)
2263 15 2023-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

Latest Status. HAM file FCC HACK DOES WORK on Avata and mini 3 (PRO) on combo with RC1 and RC2 and Goggles 2 and Goggles Integra.
HOWEVER the DJI AIR2 FCC APP HACK for the mini 3 (Pro) DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE FROM FIRMWARE VERSION V01.06.000

OLD POST: "So I Have DJI Goggles 2 RC2 DJI MINI 3 PRO, DJI AVATA and the DJI o3 Unit.
Before I bought the RC2 motion controller everything was working fine here in the EU. I had the FCC hack and I had penetration and range. I was still annoyed by the 500m height limit. But ok. After purchasing the RC2 ( the original is fine for the AVATA) to fly the DJI MINI 3, I had to connect my goggles 2 to the phone. After I did that it installed WITHOUT ASKING some small firmware updates. And now I HAVE NO LONGER FCC Hack on ANY of my devices. Now they are just a pile of garbage ready to be sold.
So WHATEVER YOU DO, if YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE US, DO NOT CONNECT YOUR Goggles to the phone. OR SIMPLY DO NOT BUY DJI ANYMORE!
It is simply not competitve with the competion in terms of range and penetration.
I wish I never bought the RC2 and that I never connected my goggles to the phone. but now its too late. and I have to sell it all.
You will still see the 3 channels under 40MHz and 7 under 20MHz, but the truth is that the RF power is back to 10mW, which is practically useless.
What a waste of money!
BR
SP1k3"
2023-6-2
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Isn't it the law that FCC and CE are put in place depending on your country.  So changing from CE to FCC to get further distance, isn't that breaking the law of that country? Might as well don't have CE law if everyone just gonna hack and use FCC. Lol just saying
2023-6-2
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tried that ham file?
2023-6-2
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Have you tried to a) refresh the current firmware V01.06.0000 or even b) downgrade to V01.05.0000 and retest the transmission range?

Now I'm getting curious because yesterday I had video feed degradation just 200 meters away from me over some crop fields. Last time flying I had no problems 1000+ meters in the same location...

V01.06.0000

V01.06.0000
2023-6-3
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

Depp Posted at 6-2 23:41
Tried that ham file?

Yeah that was the ham file.. and its not working anymore. The range is gone. I had a way of testing the penetration with CE and FCC, and this is definetely not FCC
2023-6-3
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

SeehawerB Posted at 6-3 01:05
Have you tried to a) refresh the current firmware V01.06.0000 or even b) downgrade to V01.05.0000 and retest the transmission range?

Now I'm getting curious because yesterday I had video feed degradation just 200 meters away from me over some crop fields. Last time flying I had no problems 1000+ meters in the same location...

Yes I tried to downgrade the firmware of the goggles 2 to V01.05.0000 and also tried refreshing the V01.06.0000 also refreshed the motion controller and the drone, all to no avail. Also the channels are still the same as with the ham file, so you do see the 3 channels with the 40MHz and 7channels with the 20MHz. But I am sure the range has been decreased. I run testes on these fields every single day.
After I connected the goggles to the phone they made some quick firmware updates, without asking for permission. And I can simply tell the RF power is not the same. Its defintely not FCC.
2023-6-3
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-2 14:41
Isn't it the law that FCC and CE are put in place depending on your country.  So changing from CE to FCC to get further distance, isn't that breaking the law of that country? Might as well don't have CE law if everyone just gonna hack and use FCC. Lol just saying

Yeah the laws are for those who act irresponsibly with their drones.. Not that Im above the law, but truth said is that if you dont have FCC range and penetration these drones are worthless.
THats why I am warning everyone not to connect to the phone nor to buy DJI anymore if you are hoping to use the FCC hack.
2023-6-3
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

Allright guys. I need to apologize. the Ham hack still works.
There was a series of mistakes on my side after I purchased the RC2.
When I tested the mini 3 I noticed that the penetration was less than usual, then I tested the AVATA, and the penetration was the same. So I was wondering, What on earth happened?
So then I removed the HAM file, and then I retested penetration and it was the same.
But today after spending the weekend changing firmwares on all my devices, and testing and what not. I FINALLY resetted the goggles 2. AND ONLY THEN I SAW THE TRUE CE LIMITS. And they were terrible!! Much worse than what I was used to.
SO Then I wondered why the penetration wasn't the same. So I went on my recordings to see when was the last time I flew here with the AVATA, and it was last month when there was less vegetation...
Im so relieved to know that I didn't spend thousands for nothing. I was already putting things up for sale :-).
Again sorry to all for the FALSE ALARM.
Now it's super awesome I love the RC2 motion controller, much better than the sticks for both drones and I only hope that permit the full 500m height limit now for the mini 3 when using the motion controller like they do for the avata.
2023-6-4
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for clearing that up!

I reviewed my flights from friday and I think the crops were the problem. Me, sitting in a comfy chair holding the Crossfire remote on my knees and my head with the Goggles 2 perhaps a meter above ground. Between me and the Cinebot 30 were fields of crops growing at least half a meter high, when behind some small trees the vision got a bit blocky and the data rate dropped down. In another direction I followed a car travelling between the wind power sites between the fields and I still got a good video in a distance of about 1 kilometer. What one always has to consider is not only the direct line of sight but also the first fresnel zone which forms a long teared bubble. This is the space in which the transmission signal is refracted at water molecules in the air. This adds up to the signals in the LOS WHEN the phase difference is small enough. The fresnel zone has some meters radius if the drone is near and some less meters if it is further away, because of the phase difference = different path length. And this was my problem on friday, the crops (which contain humidity) acted as a second, higher ground. And blocked parts of the fresnel zone. So it came to misjudging the signal strength, there came the doubts.

Great to know all is as it was. I for myself established a firmware freeze for the Googles 2 and all of my four drones with the O3 Air Units. My Avata is sold, the only things I could use the Goggles 2 for is the "FPV mode" in the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro with the new Motion Controller 2. So there will be now need for any further updates for me because on the O3 AU side everthing works like a charm now. Including the Hack when flying far away from residential zones and people. There's nothing bad about getting some more Milliwatts out of the Remote, the Goggles and the Air Units out there on the fields.

Thanks again for the correction @Sp1k3, not everyone has the guts telling if he was wrong. Big like!
2023-6-4
Use props
Markus Hartinger
New
Flight distance : 518671 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Yeah Im also glad that the ham file still works. I also noticed that it also works with the combo RC2 and mini 3 pro, which is great, but the mini 3 pro in this mode is now limited only to 120m height, which is annoying when you want you live in the moutains. Because going up only 120m is ridiculous.
However when using the RC1 you still have 500m, which is better, but still not fully satisfied, would have preferred 1km.
Anyways the problem is now with the new firmware V01.06.0000, the FCC hack used for the RC1 DOES NOT WORK anymore. So I hope a new hack comes out for that or that they increase the height to 500m because now I simply cannot fly on mountains anymore with the mini 3 pro... THE MAVIC AIR 2 FCC app no LONGER WORKS. That I can confirm with 100% certainty.
But this will be my last firmware update. Now I'm really hoping they come with a height hack or simply a new RC1 hack for this firmware version. Unfortunately I can no longer downgrade the mini 3 pro.

Concerning the fresnel zone, for me it was always the same. But like you the ground was slightly higher about 1m, and also the vegetation grew thicker where I made my penetration tests.
SO me too like to run my tests sitting on my porch :-D
But yesterday I tried the childrens house tree, that worked great ;-)
2023-6-5
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sp1k3 Posted at 6-4 06:49
Allright guys. I need to apologize. the Ham hack still works.
There was a series of mistakes on my side after I purchased the RC2.
When I tested the mini 3 I noticed that the penetration was less than usual, then I tested the AVATA, and the penetration was the same. So I was wondering, What on earth happened?

Good to hear.
Maybe change the title to "... [solved]"
2023-6-5
Use props
Marlon10213
lvl.1

France

Hi I just found out about the hack today and wanted to apply it to my avatar and googles 2. But for some reason I can't set the channel mode to Manual. So the field is always expanded even when rc controller and drone (avata) are connected. I thought it was because it was fixed a short time ago but since it works for you I wonder why not for me? Can someone maybe help me further would be very nice.
Greetings
p.s my firmware is the latest

2023-6-5
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Are all devices active and connected when you get this menu this way?
2023-6-5
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

You have to connect you motion controller, your drone and your goggles. They all have to be ON and Binded to be able to see that menu
2023-6-5
Use props
Marlon10213
lvl.1

France

Sp1k3 Posted at 6-5 07:08
You have to connect you motion controller, your drone and your goggles. They all have to be ON and Binded to be able to see that menu

ohh now it works thank you I thought it wouldn't matter wich controller. But now I wonder if I receive the video with fcc and if the fpv (i meant fpv in my first question) controller works only with ce without changing anything else on it?
2023-6-5
Use props
Marlon10213
lvl.1

France

SeehawerB Posted at 6-5 05:43
Are all devices active and connected when you get this menu this way?

yes but with the rc controller. Thanks to Sp1k3 I know better now
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules