Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another grey start to the day.....

Hopefully next week will be better in more ways than just weather.

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-6-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hadleigh in all its moods, eh?
2023-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-3 00:44
Hadleigh in all its moods, eh?

Yeah.   Sums up the week nicely.  
2023-6-3
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The trees in the distance look like people queuing.
2023-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dang, another gloomy start to the day.  Hopefully, next week brings you much better weather.  However, you don't have the market cornered for rain as the forecast for the next 4 days calls for 98% rain.  Guess it is time to start spending more time underwater for me.
2023-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wishing you better times!
2023-6-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 01:15
Yeah.   Sums up the week nicely.

I can't really complain. It's been dry all week here even though we had a couple of dull, windy days.
2023-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 6-3 02:40
The trees in the distance look like people queuing.

Thats probably the case,   we British are good at that.
2023-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 03:29
Dang, another gloomy start to the day.  Hopefully, next week brings you much better weather.  However, you don't have the market cornered for rain as the forecast for the next 4 days calls for 98% rain.  Guess it is time to start spending more time underwater for me.

No rain here forecast,   although we do get some very tiny showers that aren't forecast,  but the plants and ground could really use some water.     Typically it's either too much or not enough.
2023-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 23:07
No rain here forecast,   although we do get some very tiny showers that aren't forecast,  but the plants and ground could really use some water.     Typically it's either too much or not enough.

Too bad we can't "regulate" the amount of rain.  You're right though, we either get a deluge or just a few sprinkles.  

Got a good dive in yesterday.  The winds died down and the rain was only moderate so the sea wasn't choppy and the visibility was a good 6 meters at the bottom.  I took the underwater metal detector with me but didn't find anything worth bragging about.  I did have a shark about 2.5 meters long to circle me for about 2-3 minutes and then just swam off.  Guess he figured I was not worth eating.  I was ready though as I had my knife out and the spear gun at the ready.  
2023-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-3 07:50
I can't really complain. It's been dry all week here even though we had a couple of dull, windy days.

Seems here the mornings start off very grey and gloomy and windy and then it improves,   although yesterday we took a drive up to Brightlingsea which is near colchester,     had a nice walk but couldnt capture the races or the blessing of sea as it was just too windy and of course.  out to sea windy which I wasn't in the mood to risk.
2023-6-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-4 23:04
Seems here the mornings start off very grey and gloomy and windy and then it improves,   although yesterday we took a drive up to Brightlingsea which is near colchester,     had a nice walk but couldnt capture the races or the blessing of sea as it was just too windy and of course.  out to sea windy which I wasn't in the mood to risk.

Grey here this morning but still dry.  There were paragliders over Winnats yesterday.
2023-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 06:14
Too bad we can't "regulate" the amount of rain.  You're right though, we either get a deluge or just a few sprinkles.  

Got a good dive in yesterday.  The winds died down and the rain was only moderate so the sea wasn't choppy and the visibility was a good 6 meters at the bottom.  I took the underwater metal detector with me but didn't find anything worth bragging about.  I did have a shark about 2.5 meters long to circle me for about 2-3 minutes and then just swam off.  Guess he figured I was not worth eating.  I was ready though as I had my knife out and the spear gun at the ready.

So you nearly had an excuse to take lunch home with you them.   Although thats a fight Id rather not have
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-4 23:21
So you nearly had an excuse to take lunch home with you them.   Although thats a fight Id rather not have

You're absolutely right about not wanting to have that fight.  Here is what the business end of that bull shark looked like.
BS.jpg
BS2.jpg
2023-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-4 23:08
Grey here this morning but still dry.  There were paragliders over Winnats yesterday.

Same here,  seems all the days are starting grey and windy and then in the afternoon the sun comes out.     Did you send in the drone to see the paraglider?
2023-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 03:15
You're absolutely right about not wanting to have that fight.  Here is what the business end of that bull shark looked like.

jeez,   that made me jump when the page loaded.  
2023-6-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-5 22:47
Same here,  seems all the days are starting grey and windy and then in the afternoon the sun comes out.     Did you send in the drone to see the paraglider?

No fear!  And in any case, there was absolutely nowhere to park. The area was rammed with tourists and day-trippers.
Here's one I spotted drifting over our garden a while back - but he was motorised as well

2023-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-5 23:30
No fear!  And in any case, there was absolutely nowhere to park. The area was rammed with tourists and day-trippers.
Here's one I spotted drifting over our garden a while back - but he was motorised as well

I used to work with a few people that did it,    They were also looking for new permissions from land owners to take off and land.  One guy who was a bit of a loon on a couple occasions used it to get to the office and landed in the park opposite the building.  
2023-6-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-5 23:42
I used to work with a few people that did it,    They were also looking for new permissions from land owners to take off and land.  One guy who was a bit of a loon on a couple occasions used it to get to the office and landed in the park opposite the building.

Did that stunt help his case?  
2023-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-6 00:02
Did that stunt help his case?

No it only reassured us that he was a loon.  
2023-6-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-6 00:09
No it only reassured us that he was a loon.

Café time now  
2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-5 23:26
jeez,   that made me jump when the page loaded.

Imagine looking up while underwater and seeing that mouth full of teeth coming at you.  
2023-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Late to the party,   hopefully it was a good one.
2023-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 03:25
Imagine looking up while underwater and seeing that mouth full of teeth coming at you.

I wouldn't get in the water again if that happened,     but then for us it's really unusual.    Youve grown up with those dangers.
2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-6 23:54
I wouldn't get in the water again if that happened,     but then for us it's really unusual.    Youve grown up with those dangers.

I'm somewhat used to seeing sharks while diving and many pay no attention to me.  The ones that get my attention are the ones that circle you and keep closing the circle smaller and smaller.  Although I had one come straight at me once from a distance and it startled me as that doesn't happen often and is a sign of aggressiveness.  Again, why I never dive without my long sheath knife and my speargun.  
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 03:30
I'm somewhat used to seeing sharks while diving and many pay no attention to me.  The ones that get my attention are the ones that circle you and keep closing the circle smaller and smaller.  Although I had one come straight at me once from a distance and it startled me as that doesn't happen often and is a sign of aggressiveness.  Again, why I never dive without my long sheath knife and my speargun.

I think thats the difference,    youve got used to it over time whereas Ive never had that experience.   
2023-6-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-6 23:39
Late to the party,   hopefully it was a good one.

It's Amoré   
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 04:40
I think thats the difference,    youve got used to it over time whereas Ive never had that experience.

Yeah, probably has become a bit routine for me after seeing so many over the years.  
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules