Environment temperature low. Unable to record. And other adventures.
3010 9 2023-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
badbishop
lvl.1
Germany

I have just bought Action2 display combo at Amazon and already consider sending it back.

Here are the reasons.

1. Activation
I have to use the Mimo app, which is banned from Google Play Store. I'm not going to install such thing to the same device that talks to my bank account. Let's try alternatives.

1.1 First attempt

OK. I powered on my ancient Samsung tablet with Android 7, downloaded and installed both the app and the upgrade for Android 7. I have enabled Bluetooth on tablet, switched the camera on, launched the Mimo, asked it to connect to device.

"No Osmo found"
Eh!?..
In Android's settings the camera is visible allright. I tried to pair it from the OS - no success.

1.2 Second attempt
Asked my wife to install the app on her phone. Now the camera got connected. I have activated it using my e-mail. After a while, though, when I tried to connect again, the camera is not seen by the phone again despite both devices are 30 cm apart.

2. "Environment temperature low. Unable to record. "
This is the error message I see when trying to record a 4K@60 video. The "Environment temperature" is 25.6C as of this writing. The battery icon supposed to be in the upper right corner of the screen, is absent. There is a long unresolved thread on this very forum on the topic.

I was able to take a photo.

I've switched the camera off for a while, suspecting overheating. Now the camera is cold, but all of the above symptoms are still there.

3. Conclusion
I have spent about two hours trying to get the device to work. The DJI support operates Mo-Fr 8-17, but this doesn't suit me particularly well, as I work at this time, and the camera was bought for personal use.

Unless the issue is resolved somehow in a couple of days, I shall return the camera to Amazon against a refund. The above text will be posted as a review. The number of stars for the review is left for the reader to guess.

2023-6-3
Use props
badbishop
lvl.1
Germany

An update. Now, without any action on my part, the camera is able to connect to the phone. A firmware upgrade is offered. When I try to install it, I get error -1100 "Firmware upgrade failed".
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try to follow the steps below and see if the issue:

1. Try to perform a factory reset once photos and videos are saved/backup properly.
2. If the temperature is too low, please try to record indoors and switch the resolution and frame rate to 1080p/30fps, then check if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-3
Use props
csas
lvl.1
Lithuania

I had the same exact issue. You probably bought a sitting camera just like me and the battery went to 0% (possibly below that). The camera thinks its cold because of the low voltage. The solution is just to charge the camera with the module for a while to saturate the batteries and then everything will work
2023-6-6
Use props
badbishop
lvl.1
Germany

@csas Thanks, I've figured it out myself, experimentally . The camera has been charged all the time while I was scratching my head, so eventually it started to behave. What confused me is this: the power module was charged already, so I thought it powers the camera, but not. It seems that first the power module must be fully charged, and only then the camera's built-in battery start being charged. The camera displayed the battery icon with 1% battery a while after the power module was 99%.

Now, wonderful people at DJI, wouldn't it be a good idea to warn your users regarding these misleading messages?
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_SiMbqwKgeggJ
New
Pakistan

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-6-3 22:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try to follow the steps below and see if the issue:

1. Try to perform a factory reset once photos and videos are saved/backup properly.

Hi There.
I am unable to record video on DJI Action 2.
Error Details
( Temperature Low Only available in 1080p ) I would like to let you know Environmental Temperature is between 12 C to 20 C.

Please Help.

warm regards
Amraiz
2-5 22:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_SiMbqwKgeggJ Posted at 2-5 22:44
Hi There.
I am unable to record video on DJI Action 2.
Error Details

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the battery power consumption rises in low-temperature environments, only 1080p/30 fps, 25 fps, and 24 fps can be recorded to ensure stable recording and battery safety. If you need to record higher specification videos, first start by recording as usual, then select a higher resolution once the camera temperature has risen. Alternatively, you can store the device in a pocket or warm environment in advance. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2-7 23:43
Use props
djiuser_VMhVVaUKar0t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271765 ft
Philippines

csas Posted at 2023-6-6 09:02
I had the same exact issue. You probably bought a sitting camera just like me and the battery went to 0% (possibly below that). The camera thinks its cold because of the low voltage. The solution is just to charge the camera with the module for a while to saturate the batteries and then everything will work

I'm replying to a 1-yr old topic, but I'm in the exact same scenario right now.
I got the power module charged up to 100%, but the camera module doesn't seem to be charging at all.
it won't turn on when it's on its own, when turned off, LEDs doesn't blink.
it has no magnetic case of any sort, so I'm at a loss how to get it working
3-16 09:30
Use props
ndlrmavic2z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317434 ft
Philippines

Same here but a little more. Low temp warning goes on and no battery indicator. Can’t record. I’ve factory reset it and charged both camera and power module together overnight. Current temp 26C indoors. I connected the DJI Actio2 to the computer to see if there would be other errors. The camera was detected like normal but I noticed a new file in the MISC folder. A dji_finfo.db file was created the same time the error started occuring.
image.jpg
image.jpg
3-16 14:08
Use props
djiuser_U6Y8dq9Nbzau
New
Indonesia

Any help from DJI official?
Experiencing same kind of problem now. Just purchase it today
3-16 23:43
Use props
Advanced