381 1 2023-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4d6bf3da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157913 ft
  • >>>
United States

I excitedly unboxed my new Integra Goggles and Motion 2 controller to use with my Mavic3 Cine drone yesterday and got them all charged up. Then things got FUN.
Let me start by saying that the M3Cine with the RC Pro controller has been the most perfectly well performing drone I've ever used. I was SO excited after watching the successful flights on YouTube in the last 10 days.

So I did all the updates with the Drone, the Goggles and the Motion 2 controller. Then after that,  the drone would not link with the goggles. I tried several times, looked up the procedure to make sure I did everything right (I did) and NO PAIRING. The drone could not be found by the goggles.  So I had the bright idea to check the RC pro and see if it would pair. It did. It asked me to update the firmware on the drone again. I did. Then the RC pro could no longer see or pair with the drone. Again, I tried multiple times. I got out the little controller for my mini 2 and tried to pair. Nothing.

So here's where it gets REALLY FUN. I contacted DJI support. After several hours online with them during which time they had me go through the pairing process, make a video and send it to them (yep, I was doing it right... they said the "controller" was not responding properly.) They then suggested I send the RC pro controller back to them, they said it looked like it was a problem with the controller. I said that considering that 1) my phone/Integra goggles 2) RC Pro and 3) Mini 2 controller ALL would not pair or "see" the drone that to me it seemed likely that it was a problem with the drone software update and not ALL of the controllers. They could not tell me how to do a factory reboot or re-download the software update.

Then it got REALLY REALLY FUN. Since I need to take the Mavic 3 Cine to Australia and Africa this month, I asked how I could get the drone looked at right away. Are there any service centers in Tampa, FL where I live that are DJI authorized, I asked. I was told (sorry in advance for the all caps...) TAKE IT TO THE APPLE STORE AT INTERNATIONAL PLAZA IN TAMPA.  I'm not even kidding. DJI online support then provided me with the address of the Apple Store. At this point I thought I was being pranked. I called Apple and they laughed with me, not AT me. And they said, NO, they do not nor have they ever serviced DJI equipment. I think they wondered if I was pranking them.
Anyway, I'm going to try to do a factory reboot on the drone today if I can get it to attach with my PC (I tried last night on my Mac and it was a no-go.) If that doesn't work, then I looked online and saw that DroneNerds in Adventura Florida is the ONLY authorized service center for DJI in the US. So I've opened a ticket and am waiting to hear back from them. I guess I will have to send off the Drone, RC Pro, Goggles and Motion Controller. Perhaps I wil throw in the kitchen sink.

I'm at wit's end... any advice would be appreicated.
~Dolores
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Dolores, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, this is not the service we want you to experience. Please rest assured, I will try my best to help you.
Since now the drone will not connect to the RC Pro or Goggles Integra, Please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone via DJI Assistant 2 on the computer.
After that, please try to relink to the RC Pro and see if it would work. If the linking works, please then try to link to the Goggles.

If the firmware can not be refreshed, or it will still not connect to the RC Pro, please send it back to DJI and we check it further and solve it. Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. Please let me know if you have started a case number, I will keep an eye on the status.

Currently, we do not have an authorized repair center in Florida, we will investigate the support's issue and improve our service. apologize again for the unpleasant experience.
2023-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules