2856 48 2015-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-8-30 16:12
@Willie Wonka
Did the glass of the filter cracked? Did you succeed in getting off with the vise gri ...

That's what I did but just be careful when doing it, I put the plastic camera holder in place so that there would be no stress on the motors of the gimble, yes the uv filter cracked from the edge and I can use but it made me so mad at mofo DJI for making it so tight and I have to go spend another 38 dollars to get a new one if the glass gets a spider crack in motion.

Vise grip clamping pliers and don't worry about the aluminum cover of the filter as it will scratch, plan on putting some type of geese on the threads as I am going to find out what type I should use so it won't be so tight screwing and unscrewing.
2015-8-30
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-30 16:19
the uv filter cracked from the edge and I can use but it made me so mad...

Thanks for your answer Willie. Let me know how you are doing with this problem, having the same one will help me out. I don't want to send it to DJI and not having it for 8 weeks. Maybe the dealer who sold it to me could repair it or at least remove it.
Keep me in the loop.

Bat
2015-8-30
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-8-30 16:35
Thanks for your answer Willie. Let me know how you are doing with this problem, having the same on ...

Mine is removed already just unscrew it very slowly and don't stress any parts while you are doing it, I know it's a gamble and got it unscrewed with just the crack on my filter glass but it can be screwed on again BUT not tight or it will grab tight again lol
2015-8-30
Use props
me
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

? the end of the camera on the phantom 3 should just unscrew and the official ones just screw on in place ?  the standard lense is just a clear one, what models so you have that you need to use a vise grip ?
2015-8-30
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

me@kevinnicolso Posted at 2015-8-30 18:51
? the end of the camera on the phantom 3 should just unscrew and the official ones just screw on in  ...

Any pro or adv , it's your luck , some are tighter than the others , torque varies when they were installing them..
2015-8-30
Use props
me
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

wow ok, must be tight !  mine just turned off, ok.
2015-8-30
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

I got one too.. Its great in bright sun.
2015-8-31
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-30 16:43
Mine is removed already just unscrew it very slowly and don't stress any parts while you are doing ...

Mine is moving barely I can move it back and forth by about 1/4 of an inch. But, when it reaches that 1/4 of inch it gets stuck. I have a feeling the threads have been damaged.
Bat
2015-8-31
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-8-31 19:44
Mine is moving barely I can move it back and forth by about 1/4 of an inch. But, when it reaches t ...

You must have pinched it, oh man that is messed up, can we call dji and get a replacement ?
Mine did that and i had to apply pressure on to different points not the same spot and kept turning it slowly, you need at least 2 full turns then it starts to loosen up.
2015-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules