Mimo app + Samsung S21 = video jitter
1810 7 2023-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Undertaker84
lvl.1
Poland

Hello,
Samsung S21, Android 12, Mimo app 1.81.16.
Got the Osmo 6 Mobile brand new. The video recorder using Mimo is never 30fps. Usually it is 26-28fps, which results in a visible jitter of the video. Only hyperlapse videos always output 30fps. As you most likely know, in the mimo app the video settings let me choose only 30fps.
Doing the same shots using the standard Android app always result in 30fps shots.

Also when I do a recording and don't move the camera the output is 20fps. On the standard android app it is also 30fps. So it looks like the Mimo makes a decision on it's own how many fps to use on the basis of something, and it's doing a terrible job at it as I can't get any video without a jitter. They are not usable at the moment.

My questions are:
1) Is this know to you?
2) Is there a possibility to force Mimo to always shoot in 30fps?

Thanks for the help.

2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists? Also, please send us the original files showing the issue so we can forward them to our designated team for clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-3
Use props
Undertaker84
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-3 21:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists? Also, please send us the original files showing the issue so we can forward them to our designated team for clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks. How do I send you the video?
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Undertaker84 Posted at 6-4 11:43
Thanks. How do I send you the video?

You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube then send the link to us so we can check. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-6-5
Use props
Undertaker84
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-5 01:48
You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube then send the link to us so we can check. Thank you for your cooperation.

Here is a sample video recorded by Mimo app: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j1P1Ktszq5eAuiLH8
If you need anything else please let me know.
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Undertaker84 Posted at 6-10 00:28
Here is a sample video recorded by Mimo app: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j1P1Ktszq5eAuiLH8
If you need anything else please let me know.

Thank you for the information provided. Can you please try to update your mobile device phone system to the latest version (EIS interface available) and update the DJI Mimo app to the latest version as this might isolate the issue? You may reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and install the latest one on our website using the link below. You may also use the Stabilization function in Album in the app to process the video to avoid the gimbal being shaky. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2023-6-12
Use props
Undertaker84
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 00:26
Thank you for the information provided. Can you please try to update your mobile device phone system to the latest version (EIS interface available) and update the DJI Mimo app to the latest version as this might isolate the issue? You may reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and install the latest one on our website using the link below. You may also use the Stabilization function in Album in the app to process the video to avoid the gimbal being shaky. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

Everything was already up to date. I reinstalled the Mimo App and so far it is working ok.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Undertaker84 Posted at 6-20 08:09
Everything was already up to date. I reinstalled the Mimo App and so far it is working ok.

Great! We're glad that the unit is now working properly. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules