Cruise control leads camera tilt
926 3 2023-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_4QlOVOq2aL7U
lvl.1
Italy

There's a strange behaviour of DJI FPV that comes in cruise control flight: the camera tilt, stimulating a fixed camera, while accelerating. It's not a real drone pitching, is obvious. It happens even with a very slightly acceleration.
Send something to control tilt from the stick.
What's the meaning of this behaviour and how it works in detail?
Thank you in advance.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the DJI FPV Cruise control introduction below:

1. Cruise control is only available in Sport mode and not available in other modes (such as Normal mode or Manual mode).
2. Press the Start/Stop Button to enable the aircraft’s cruise control. Press the Start/Stop Button again to disable cruise control.
3. No initial speed is required when the DJI FPV aircraft is in the forward direction. After enabling the aircraft’s cruise control, push the pitch stick to increase the speed to 5 m/s and then release the stick. At this point, the aircraft will move forward at a speed of 5 m/s. After cruise control is disabled, the aircraft will decelerate to 0 m/s and hover.
(If the initial speed of the aircraft is 3 m/s, the aircraft will keep moving forward at a speed of 3 m/s after cruise control is enabled. After cruise control is disabled, the aircraft will decelerate to 0 m/s and hover).

4. If the aircraft is flying in a windy environment or its flight is controlled by a control stick, the horizontal speed displayed on the screen will change correspondingly.

In addition, regarding the control tilt range for the DJI FPV gimbal is -50° to 58°.
Notes: When the accelerator is pressed to make the aircraft fly, the gimbal tilt cannot be controlled. The aircraft will lock the gimbal angle. Based on this angle, the orientation will not change. The aircraft will lock the gimbal angle, which will not be changed following the flight orientation.
2023-6-3
Use props
djiuser_4QlOVOq2aL7U
lvl.1
Italy

Thank you Paladin.

I knew some of the things you wrote, and some other not so I've learned, thanks.

I still want to test the behaviour while requesting the cruise controller, already engaged, to increase speed: it tilts down. Once you've reached the desired speed, and leave the controller, it tilt black to the given angle. It's difficult to describe. In any case the cruise control is very nice and so useful!!
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_4QlOVOq2aL7U Posted at 6-4 13:05
Thank you Paladin.

I knew some of the things you wrote, and some other not so I've learned, thanks.

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules