Can't get motion controller 2 to connect to avata
1666 11 2023-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XYoBgEBe7dqf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177825 ft
United States

I recently purchased the dji avata  pro view combo with the goggles 2 and motion controller 2. While trying to setup everything up the motion controller won't connect. I have tried everything that the dji fly app suggests to get it to connect (holding the power button for 4 seconds, holding the m button and the power button for 3 seconds, I even tried connecting the controller directly to the drone via the USB c cable) nothing works. It doesn't beep when I try holding the power button. When I turn it on the 4 lights just blink together. They don't blink consecutively like the drone does when I hold the power button.
I have downloaded the dji assistant for fpv and the consumer drone version. When I connect the drone and the goggles it recognizes them but neither program recognizes the controller.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to delete all the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 consumer drone series and connect your RC Motion 2 to update/refresh the firmware? You may try to use a different communication cable to connect it to the computer. If the issue persists, please provide us a video or a screenshot showing on your computer when connecting the DJI RC Motion 2. Please refer to the tutorial below for your reference on how to properly link the DJI RC Motion 2 to the aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-6-3
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem previously and DJI's recommendation below solved it for me.
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_XYoBgEBe7dqf
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-3 20:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to delete all the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 consumer drone series and connect your RC Motion 2 to update/refresh the firmware? You may try to use a different communication cable to connect it to the computer. If the issue persists, please provide us a video or a screenshot showing on your computer when connecting the DJI RC Motion 2. Please refer to the tutorial below for your reference on how to properly link the DJI RC Motion 2 to the aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHD_eoUOlZI&t=3s

Still doesn't work
20230604_151456.gif
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_XYoBgEBe7dqf
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-3 20:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHD_eoUOlZI&t=3s

https://youtu.be/e4y7UgxMNxY
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_XYoBgEBe7dqf Posted at 6-4 11:21
https://youtu.be/e4y7UgxMNxY

Thank you for your response. Could you please confirm if you were able to perform the linking process? If yes and still the issue persists, please check if there is an offline store in your location nearby to test the remote. If still not available, You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index to send the RC to our repair facility. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-5
Use props
Littleshak13
lvl.1
United States

I have tried everything and it still doesn't connect.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Littleshak13 Posted at 6-5 03:56
I have tried everything and it still doesn't connect.

Hi, Littleshak13. We're sorry to hear that. We highly recommend you send the RC back if it's not possible to test it in your nearest outlet. You may submit a repair case on the link shared by DJI Paladin above. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-6-6
Use props
Littleshak13
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-6 02:15
Hi, Littleshak13. We're sorry to hear that. We highly recommend you send the RC back if it's not possible to test it in your nearest outlet. You may submit a repair case on the link shared by DJI Paladin above. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

It's already on it's way
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Littleshak13 Posted at 6-6 02:33
It's already on it's way

Thanks for the update. We hope the process goes smoothly for you.
2023-6-6
Use props
photoarya.com
lvl.1

Israel

I have same issue with RC Motion 2, Air 3 and Goggles 2.
Can't connect controller.
Nothing helps.
3-21 11:45
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

photoarya.com Posted at 3-21 11:45
I have same issue with RC Motion 2, Air 3 and Goggles 2.
Can't connect controller.
Nothing helps.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below, install the software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware on your DJI Air 3, DJI Goggles 2, and DJI RC Motion 2 then link them again to see if the issue persists. If you still experience the same issue after updating/refreshing the firmware, please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive or YouTube so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-21 22:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules