GPS coordinates NOT embedded in MP4 files?
1052 6 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xeri
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi everyone,
I'm quite a newbie with drones and I don't even have one, just asking for help for a friend of mine. He bought a Mavic 2 pro recently and makes 4k video files (.mp4) but the gps coordinates of the shot is not recorded (previously he had another DJI - don't know the type - which recorded .SRT files beside the MP4s with every details of the flight, and I saw other MP4s from other DJIs which embed the information so it can be seen in a video player app). I'm pretty sure he's missing a setting somewhere but he can't find how to get back this feature.
Any (detailed) information would be much appreciated, thanks.
2023-6-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From memory the first minute of this should do, it's via the camera menus on the RHS of the screen I think.
Having seen the video's title image, that maybe all you need to show your friend and they could then avoid having to watch the video lol.
After all the option's whereabouts are no great "secret" despite what the video's title image says.

To get location for previously-recorded, uncaptioned video your friend would have to go through the csv of the corresponding flight log, find the column entitled  "CUSTOM.isVideo ", look for lines where the cells in that column contain "recording", work out relationships between video time and flight time and look up the corresponding location data ( Lat & Long) elsewhere in the log.
It took longer to type those instructions than it should to find the location of a particular frame.

2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you want the SRT file to be generated separately after the video is recorded, you need to enable the "Video Caption" as Sean posted in his response above. You may check the images below on how to enable it. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

2023-6-4
Use props
xeri
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi,
thanks for your answers, I forwarded them and waiting for my friend's reply. I hope it will work for him.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

xeri Posted at 6-5 07:13
Hi,
thanks for your answers, I forwarded them and waiting for my friend's reply. I hope it will work for him.

You are most welcome. Please let us know the result of the test so we can help you further. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-17
Use props
xeri
lvl.1

Hungary

Yesterday I downloaded his latest footage and there are .srt files included so it worked indeed. Thanks again.
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

xeri Posted at 6-17 02:44
Yesterday I downloaded his latest footage and there are .srt files included so it worked indeed. Thanks again.

Perfect! We're glad that the troubleshooting works on your end. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules