New Member with RC Controller Issue
650 5 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuy3k
lvl.2

United States

Hello everyone,

I found a mavic 3 classic with an RC-N1 controller for a great deal on ebay. I was able to install the Fly app on my Galaxy S22 and start flying. I have flown rc airplanes and helicopters in the past, as well as various flying simulator games.

I was able to invert the ascend/decend controls on the android app on my phone (1.10.1) I think, but the RC controller does not let me do this. The RC-N1 controller would let me make that chnage so I could push up on the stick and the aircraft would go down. I just have years and years of muscle memory doing this, sucks the RC controller will not let me make this change. The firmware is up to date, but the app version on the RC controller seems to be only 1.10.0. Is that the difference, or is there something else I am missing? I might just switch back to the RC-N1 controller if I can't make this change. The thread below is the same issue I am having
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... page%3D1&page=4

Thanks for your help

2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When pushing the throttle stick upwards, the aircraft ascends. After settings the “pushing the left stick upward” to “Descend”, the aircraft will descend. If “pushing the right stick upward” is set to “Backward”, the aircraft will move backward, instead of forward movement.

Operating Steps:

1. Power on the remote controller
2. Go to the DJI Fly app - “Control”, “Remote Controller”, and “Control stick mode” page, and tap- “Custom”.
3. Tap “Manual” at the bottom to enter the adjustment page.
4. Drag and move it clockwise or counterclockwise to achieve a reverse direction.
Notes: When setting to the reverse direction, two pairs will be reversed instead of only one pair.
2023-6-4
Use props
Chuy3k
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-4 19:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When pushing the throttle stick upwards, the aircraft ascends. After settings the “pushing the left stick upward” to “Descend”, the aircraft will descend. If “pushing the right stick upward” is set to “Backward”, the aircraft will move backward, instead of forward movement.

Operating Steps:

Thank you for responding, I tried that on the RC controller, but it doesn't invert the ascend/descend. This does work on the RC-N1 with galaxy s22 and fly app 1.10.1. I thought maybe 1.10.0 and 1.10.1 fly were different enough to cause this. Is it a hardware difference on the RC controller that does not allow this change?
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Chuy3k Posted at 6-4 19:37
Thank you for responding, I tried that on the RC controller, but it doesn't invert the ascend/descend. This does work on the RC-N1 with galaxy s22 and fly app 1.10.1. I thought maybe 1.10.0 and 1.10.1 fly were different enough to cause this. Is it a hardware difference on the RC controller that does not allow this change?

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? If yes, please provide us with a screen recording showing the issue so we can check. You may upload the video via Google drive or Youtube and send the link here to us. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-5
Use props
Chuy3k
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-5 02:00
Thank you for your response. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? If yes, please provide us with a screen recording showing the issue so we can check. You may upload the video via Google drive or Youtube and send the link here to us. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
I was able to connect the RC to DJI Assistant and verify the firmware is current. But the app still will not let me invert ascend/descend on the same stick. I understand this is probably just the way it is, but I have flown a Phantom 4 pro v2 for years and years for work. That controller let me switch the ascend/descend. I may really just stop using the RC controller until an update can happen. The post I linked above has a video embedded in post #5. That shows the exact problem I am having. Please let me know if there is any fix/update planned for this, thank you
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Chuy3k Posted at 6-5 19:57
I was able to connect the RC to DJI Assistant and verify the firmware is current. But the app still will not let me invert ascend/descend on the same stick. I understand this is probably just the way it is, but I have flown a Phantom 4 pro v2 for years and years for work. That controller let me switch the ascend/descend. I may really just stop using the RC controller until an update can happen. The post I linked above has a video embedded in post #5. That shows the exact problem I am having. Please let me know if there is any fix/update planned for this, thank you

Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this with our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules