ZH20T thermal image Questions?
792 4 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KutluhanG
New

Turkey

Hello Its my first time asking something here, there can be some error in the way ı ask something so ım sorry if ı did something improperly.

Currently, I am working on my master's degree and I'm facing some difficulties with my project. I am trying to identify problematic parts of electrical transmission lines using a thermal camera. I find some thermal image to work on thanks to my advisor. The thermal images taken from DJI's ZH20T model camera.I've been attempting to calculate the temperature of pixels using MATLAB and Python, but I'm struggling to do so with the thermal image I have.
The picture ı have consists of three bands. I'm unsure if one of these bands represents the thermal band or if the visualization is generated based on the thermal sensor readings at the time the images were taken. is it possible to calculate the tampature of each pixel with code.
I couldn't put the picture here but i'm putting a Google Drive link for the image
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jAXJgPRSGiAQd05oFWQ_JznWKgWTH8Kq/view?usp=sharing

2023-6-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://github.com/radekszostak/DJI-Thermal-Decoder
2023-6-4
Use props
KutluhanG
New

Turkey

Thank for the code. If you are the one who write the code can you tell me how does djı_irp.exe is working and how reliable is produced images.
2023-6-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

KutluhanG Posted at 6-4 13:25
Thank for the code. If you are the one who write the code can you tell me how does djı_irp.exe is working and how reliable is produced images.

No I did not write the code.  It is available on the DJI website.  Thermal SDK something like that.  

I'm not going to give you the answer, you will search, it will be more profitable for you later.  

I put you on the way.  Look at how many bits the raster image is encoded.  Look in the metadata of the image, there is an indication concerning the temperature.  Use QGIS to interpolate data.

You will see it is very simple.  

If you still can't find it, don't hesitate to ask.

Keep in mind that the nature of the material affects the temperature read.  Especially in the case of electrical connectors which are often protected by plastic or worse, glass. H20T is a good camera but in terms of settings it is very limited.
2023-6-4
Use props
KutluhanG
New

Turkey

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-4 13:45
No I did not write the code.  It is available on the DJI website.  Thermal SDK something like that.  

I'm not going to give you the answer, you will search, it will be more profitable for you later.  

Thank you again. I did find Thermal SDK while waiting for answer and ı will look into everything ı can before asking again and again thanks for the tips.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules