Battery Temperature
864 5 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I went out to fly my mini 2 today.  The outside temperature was 92 degrees farenheit today.  The battery temperature was saying it was clearly over 106 degrees farenheit.  When I landed the drone I took the battery out of the drone and it wasn't that hot to touch.  I didn't want the drone to fall out of the sky in fear that the battery would fail.  There were no warnings on the screen at any time, just me checking the battery temperature.  At what temperature should I be worried?
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The recommended operating temperature of the aircraft is within 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F). Flying the aircraft beyond the maximum operating temperature will result in overheating or a serious damage to the aircraft. Please feel free to use the battery as the DJI Fly app will normally notify you with an error message if there is a problem with the unit. Also, please check the battery indicator as it will also tell you if the battery has an issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-4
Use props
Hesvey Martin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-4 18:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The recommended operating temperature of the aircraft is within 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F). Flying the aircraft beyond the maximum operating temperature will result in overheating or a serious damage to the aircraft. Please feel free to use the battery as the DJI Fly app will normally notify you with an error message if there is a problem with the unit. Also, please check the battery indicator as it will also tell you if the battery has an issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

hello there! is it also normal that the body (near body compartment) feels hot during which the aircraft is powered but only on idle. I just bought my mini 2 last Saturday and i haven't been able to fly it due to bad weather condition. I was just setting up the unit when I notice the hotness of the aircraft body. thank you in advance for your response. Newbie here from Philippines.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hesvey Martin Posted at 6-5 00:30
hello there! is it also normal that the body (near body compartment) feels hot during which the aircraft is powered but only on idle. I just bought my mini 2 last Saturday and i haven't been able to fly it due to bad weather condition. I was just setting up the unit when I notice the hotness of the aircraft body. thank you in advance for your response. Newbie here from Philippines.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 2 is not designed with built-in cooling fans therefore it is normal that the drone is hot when idle especially if you are trying to turn it on indoors. We recommend flying the drone to avoid overheating issues. We hope that the weather will be back to normal in your area so you can now fly your DJI Mini 2. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-8
Use props
Hesvey Martin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-8 01:19
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 2 is not designed with built-in cooling fans therefore it is normal that the drone is hot when idle especially if you are trying to turn it on indoors. We recommend flying the drone to avoid overheating issues. We hope that the weather will be back to normal in your area so you can now fly your DJI Mini 2. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you very much for your response! By the way, the weather got a little better here and I already had my few first flights. Here's my favorite shot so far. I would love to hear your comments about it (positive or negative) for my improvement. Thank you very much!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AMs0CzDORag&feature=share7
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hesvey Martin Posted at 6-16 07:46
Thank you very much for your response! By the way, the weather got a little better here and I already had my few first flights. Here's my favorite shot so far. I would love to hear your comments about it (positive or negative) for my improvement. Thank you very much!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AMs0CzDORag&feature=share7

You are very much welcome, Hesvey. The video you posted was beautiful! We appreciate you for sharing this with us. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a wonderful day ahead.
2023-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules