2013 12 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elephant Apocalypse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

On drone news, is there a bill congress trying to pass banning DJI entirely?
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a look at the proposed bill that would amend the Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act of 2019:
https://stefanik.house.gov/_cach ... 86.117h6572-xml.pdf

Good article here:
https://dronedj.com/2023/04/28/n ... n-on-dji-drone-use/

Guess we can only wait and see if this bill gets passed or not.
2023-6-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hadn't seen the Drone DJ article, thanks DT. Only time will tell...  
2023-6-5
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Original Dobo posted a video regarding this. As a US citizen you might consider acting accordingly...

2023-6-5
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 6-5 05:55
Original Dobo posted a video regarding this. As a US citizen you might consider acting accordingly...

https://youtu.be/ZKl64xormoE

I have friends in LE and they too are not keen on this,

I wonder if the old politicians have any idea how a drone operates.  

Hell diving into self built drones, the term "betaflight" gave me nightmares for weeks LOL
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-5 04:20
I hadn't seen the Drone DJ article, thanks DT. Only time will tell...

Seems this time around there is a bigger push within Congress to get this bill passed.  I already wrote my Representatives to let them know how it will negatively effect lots of people.
2023-6-6
Use props
Freeloader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144688 ft
United States

Hopefully they will do like the did with security cameras, the government band them, 4 of the biggest name in security cameras, the band was that the government could not buy them no more, but they could still be bought by the average consumer and private American companies weren’t banned. Tried to post a link but seems am not posting correctly.Just type Government bans Dahua Cameras.

2023-6-6
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freeloader Posted at 6-6 18:27
Hopefully they will do like the did with security cameras, the government band them, 4 of the biggest name in security cameras, the band was that the government could not buy them no more, but they could still be bought by the average consumer and private American companies weren’t banned. Tried to post a link but seems am not posting correctly.Just type Government bans Dahua Cameras.

this bill isn't that, freeloader.  it's a ban for all americans.
2023-6-7
Use props
dnddad324
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

...researching this
2023-6-7
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure the PR campaign in Ukraine using FPV drones to "defeat tank" armor doesn't help... god stupid politicians will believe anything.  
2023-6-12
Use props
RedDagda13
New

United States

on the quick and the short of it no evidence has been found to link DJI to espionage. However the two morons pushing for this bill have some seriously big financial interests in several American made drone companies that are being affected by the sale of DJI drones in the US now you can take this all with a grain of salt and think I'm a conspiracy nut or do your research but the facts are all there in google  
2023-7-4
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedDagda13 Posted at 7-4 07:08
on the quick and the short of it no evidence has been found to link DJI to espionage. However the two morons pushing for this bill have some seriously big financial interests in several American made drone companies that are being affected by the sale of DJI drones in the US now you can take this all with a grain of salt and think I'm a conspiracy nut or do your research but the facts are all there in google

to be fair, there is no evidence that has been made public.  there might be tons of evidence that hasn't been shared with anyone; but i doubt it.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_ABTBQKmyxFGB
New

United States

How can we help dji over congress? There are Chinese satellites over everyone in the us right now. There are us satellites over china right now.
3-30 15:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules