No Voice
2173 17 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heimel77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309039 ft
United States

I am using a Mini 3 pro with the RC controller. I noticed that the "Home point has been updated" voice is not broadcasting over the controller and the obsticale avoidance beeps are not present as well. The RC controiller beeps as normal on start up and shut down and the only other sound it makes is the landing beeps but even with the RC controller volume at max you can barely hear the landing beeps. I have updated the firmware again and I have factory reset the RC controller and it is still doing the same thing after reconnecting it to the Mini 3 Pro. I can conect it to the RC-N1 with my Andoid phone and it appears to work fine. Is there a simple fix for this or is this something that the RC controller would have to be sent back to DJI for a checkup?
2023-6-4
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Slide down twice on RC controller then check the Volume level, also check that mute button there that might have muted the sound.
2023-6-4
Use props
heimel77
lvl.1
United States

Ranjan Posted at 6-4 20:24
Slide down twice on RC controller then check the Volume level, also check that mute button there that might have muted the sound.

Thank you for your response. I have the volume at max volume and the mute button is not activated, it is grayed out.
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

How long have you had the RC?  Has it been doing this all along or did it just start after a FW update?  My RC is plenty loud and the volume is only turned up half way.
2023-6-5
Use props
heimel77
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 02:29
How long have you had the RC?  Has it been doing this all along or did it just start after a FW update?  My RC is plenty loud and the volume is only turned up half way.

I have had the controller a little over a month and when i first got it it was very loud and worked fine. I was out flying last Monday evening and I noticed it didnt give me my Home point has been updated on take off. There was an update that I did later that night or Tuesday morning, but i believe it started before the last update.
2023-6-5
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a thought...You mentioned doing a reset as well as a firmware re-install, did you do the firmware update using the PC software (drone attached to the computer) or over-the-air using the app?  If you did it over the air, maybe try it with the Software.
This sure sounds like a firmware problem since it was working before the update but could possibly be a bad "speaker" in the RC.
2023-6-5
Use props
heimel77
lvl.1
United States

jmb63 Posted at 6-5 05:07
Just a thought...You mentioned doing a reset as well as a firmware re-install, did you do the firmware update using the PC software (drone attached to the computer) or over-the-air using the app?  If you did it over the air, maybe try it with the Software.
This sure sounds like a firmware problem since it was working before the update but could possibly be a bad "speaker" in the RC.

I did everything over the air. I also hooked up to the computer and did a refresh of the firmware on the RC and the M3P. The RCN1 controller works fine with my android phone. Indidnt see anywhere on the Assistant 2 program to roll the firmware back tona different version because that was going to be my next step to try.
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

heimel77 Posted at 6-5 04:37
I have had the controller a little over a month and when i first got it it was very loud and worked fine. I was out flying last Monday evening and I noticed it didnt give me my Home point has been updated on take off. There was an update that I did later that night or Tuesday morning, but i believe it started before the last update.

Sounds like you've got it narrowed down to the speaker itself.  Might be time to send it in for diagnostics.  
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, heimel77. Thank you for reaching out. Please slide from the top of the screen, open the lower right corner of the notification bar to adjust the volume by sliding, as shown in the figure below:

And make sure that the mute button is not highlighted. You may also check this resolution from one of the users.
2023-6-5
Use props
Kevin E
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same issue. Sound on max, not muted.
2023-7-11
Use props
heimel77
lvl.1
United States

Had to send mine into DJI and they sent me a replacement.  
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kevin E Posted at 7-11 10:03
I have the same issue. Sound on max, not muted.

Hi, Kevin E. If you have already checked the volume and the RC is not on mute, can you please try to do the factory reset? To do it, you need to swipe down from the menu and tap the bolt icon on the upper left side of the screen for the settings. Select "System" and then "Reset option", there you will see "Erase all data(Factory reset)". If that won't work please try to refresh the firmware by using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it here and install it on your computer. You will need to connect your DJI RC to your PC using a USB-C cable when the Assistant 2 is already installed. Please update us for further assistance.
2023-7-11
Use props
djiuser_eZwUXHhYqXR5
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello. I don't know about you people but I'm just about fed up with this nonsense about no talking on my RC remote. Do this connect this download this n that. Its brand new R C controller and flymore kit. I'm a seasoned flyer and don't need all thus nonsense. It's just a few days old and all you should do is upgrade firmware which I've done. Still no sound. Thinking if returning the lot.  
1-6 02:38
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_eZwUXHhYqXR5 Posted at 1-6 02:38
Hello. I don't know about you people but I'm just about fed up with this nonsense about no talking on my RC remote. Do this connect this download this n that. Its brand new R C controller and flymore kit. I'm a seasoned flyer and don't need all thus nonsense. It's just a few days old and all you should do is upgrade firmware which I've done. Still no sound. Thinking if returning the lot.

Hi, there. We truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. May I confirm if you managed to follow the recommendations provided by our colleague? If so, you may contact our support via www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) for immediate assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-7 02:48
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

I landed on this thread as I'm having the same issue.  The RC works fine for a number of flights and then all of a sudden no sound.   I have volume on max, not muted.  
1-27 09:25
Use props
djiuser_QbqtkdfJeh0M
New

India

I have sound issues regarding my new DJI mini 4pro, till yesterday it was ok, but when I checked it today I found there is no landing,take off, rth and gps connection sound...... Can any one help me........plz reply.
2-25 06:56
Use props
djiuser_VH0CtheUxpTN
New
Flight distance : 327133 ft
United Kingdom

I am getting this today (April 2023) after updating the Firmware.
4-21 03:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules