Feature Request: NR and Sharpening Controls
732 13 2023-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garfunkle
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI,

Is there a reason that the cheaper, smaller DJI Mini 3 Pro can have NR and Sharpening controls in camera but our Mavic 3 Pros can not?

Could we please have this functionality included in a future firmware update? The artefacts introduced by the default sharpening/NR/processing native to my M3pro imbue the footage with an amatuerish quality that I'd love to be able to turn off or at least significantly reduce.

Thanks
2023-6-5
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just FYI - DJI has a dartboard in the office and employees take turns to throw darts for every new drone they release. The dartboard has all the possible features they can pack into a drone.

Sadly the Mavic 3 Pro didn't get the sharpening control feature, thanks to a bad throw from the receptionist. Also D-Log for the long lens failed to get a hit. Better luck next year I guess.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Garfunkle. Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry that such function is currently not available for the new Mavic 3 Pro. We will record your request and cascade it to our team for consideration. Please stay tuned to the DJI website (www.dji.com) for updates.
2023-6-5
Use props
volaredrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3564685 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was also surprised to see that the Mavic 3 Pro lacks features than my several year old P4Pro has... such as sharpening options, color profile options, etc.

Seems like something that would come with a several thousand dollar pro level drone.

DJI, any plans to add this in the near future? Would be nice to have.
2023-6-5
Use props
Garfunkle
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-5 10:56
Hi, Garfunkle. Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry that such function is currently not available for the new Mavic 3 Pro. We will record your request and cascade it to our team for consideration. Please stay tuned to the DJI website (www.dji.com) for updates.

Thanks Tony. Do you have any comment on why older, cheaper drones have these features while the Mavic 3 series doesn't?

That's not really very logical - to go backwards in the availability of features for newer, more expensive drones.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Garfunkle Posted at 6-6 23:28
Thanks Tony. Do you have any comment on why older, cheaper drones have these features while the Mavic 3 series doesn't?

That's not really very logical - to go backwards in the availability of features for newer, more expensive drones.

We will verify it with our team for confirmation. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
2023-6-7
Use props
dre8688
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006972 ft
United States

Just got my mavic 3 pro cine recently and realize that I've replaced my mavic 2 pro with a $5000 child's toy that doesn't have any of the features that made the previous drones worth their weight in gold...
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dre8688 Posted at 8-23 13:10
Just got my mavic 3 pro cine recently and realize that I've replaced my mavic 2 pro with a $5000 child's toy that doesn't have any of the features that made the previous drones worth their weight in gold...

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Can you please tell us more about the issue you experienced with the unit? Please include the detailed inquiry with screenshots and screen recording if possible so we can further help you. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-2
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It looks like the Mavic 3 Pro will soon be replaced by another drone. Longer time no more firmware updates and switch to O4 on DJI Air3, so the Mavic 3 is not compatible with the RC2 controller, for example, and there will apparently be no more adaptation there.
2023-9-3
Use props
dre8688
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-2 19:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Can you please tell us more about the issue you experienced with the unit? Please include the detailed inquiry with screenshots and screen recording if possible so we can further help you. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hello, thanks for reaching out. Today's M3P firmware was a big upgrade in giving profession some of the control we've had in past DJI drones. It was great to see dlog-m added to the 166mm tele camera and equally valuable gaining the ability to turn sensors off if needed.

However, there is one MAJOR setting (on/off toggle) that has been routinely asked for and is already available on the M3E, but not the M3P.

"Coordinated Turn" is a major hinderance for any cinematographers relying fully on manual flight. The M3E has a toggle to turn it off, the M3P desperately needs this option too. When a director is looking over your shoulder all they care about is smooth shots and the ability to track a subject relying on the pilot's skill.

Coordinated Turn hinders the pilots ability keep a straight line while tracking. This has been talked about by @Fabriziooo since November of 2022.
2023-9-5
Use props
dre8688
lvl.2
United States

dre8688 Posted at 9-5 11:27
Hello, thanks for reaching out. Today's M3P firmware was a big upgrade in giving profession some of the control we've had in past DJI drones. It was great to see dlog-m added to the 166mm tele camera and equally valuable gaining the ability to turn sensors off if needed.

However, there is one MAJOR setting (on/off toggle) that has been routinely asked for and is already available on the M3E, but not the M3P.

Adding a link to the original "Coordinated Turn" discussion.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278891&page=1#pid2902437

And for more context, this is the best explanation of how Coordinated Turn hurts pilots while in the field:

@Fabriziooo mentions:
"I made a little gif to explain the trouble with the Mavic 3 turn assist :

Here is a Phantom 4 / Mavic 2 Pro behavior following a car and looking at it when it pass by :

Now, here is the Mavic 3 behaviour doing the same thing with the rc controller :

With Mavic 3, you won't be able to follow the car and turning the drone while staying in straight line, as the turn assist will add a roll movement to the drone, and while it is doing that, every other movement are skipped, the drone won't continue to follow the straight line even if you try with your sticks. Every time you try to turn the drone on itself only with yaw, it will add a roll movement, and this is a complete mess."

Finally, here is the proof that the "Coordinated Turn" toggle is already a feature available in the M3E firmware. Please make this available with the M3P.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dre8688 Posted at 9-5 11:36
Adding a link to the original "Coordinated Turn" discussion.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278891&page=1#pid2902437

Thank you for your response. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-9-6
Use props
dre8688
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-6 23:41
Thank you for your response. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

I appreciate your response. If you wouldn't mind I was hoping you could forward one more thing to the team.
Below I've attached a photo from 9/6/23 showing the
M3P Cine remote along with the M3E remote.

The main point is that although there may be an assumption that Enterprise users and M3P/Cine users don't overlap, many of us do. As shown, I have both controllers in front of me but but one leads to a much different piloting experience than the other. I understand there will be different subtleties between the Mavic 3 models however settings like this one are imperative to creating a synonymous piloting experience for "Professional" &
"Enterprise" users.

Thanks and I appreciate your time.
59B1621C-C673-4E6E-B49F-23A8733CEFE4.jpeg
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dre8688 Posted at 9-10 19:28
I appreciate your response. If you wouldn't mind I was hoping you could forward one more thing to the team.
Below I've attached a photo from 9/6/23 showing the
M3P Cine remote along with the M3E remote.

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules