Goggles V2 compatibility with new Air Unit firmware
2753 9 2023-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carlos PC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10762605 ft
Spain

Hello, I am writing these lines to request DJI to update the DJI Goggles V2 to make them compatible with the latest firmware of the Air Unit and Air Unit Lite (at this time V01.01.0000).

The first generation DJI Air Units received a firmware update to make them compatible with the new DJI Goggles 2 and DJI Goggles Integra as well as the DJI Remote Controller 2, but unfortunately this update breaks compatibility with the old Goggles V2. Replacing old goggles with new ones is not an option for DJI FPV owners (only compatible with V2 Goggles).
The only option is to use two different transmitters or two different goggles if you want to use the first generation Air Unit and the Air Unit O3, DJI FPV or DJI Avata.
This situation forces users to have and carry duplicate equipment, making DJI's FPV solution cumbersome and complicated.

If DJI updates the V2 Goggles to make them compatible with the new Air Unit firmware, it will simplify its use, bring consistency to the system and improve the user experience, which will undoubtedly result in greater success of the DJI FPV ecosystem.

There is no technical reason why the Goggles V2 is not compatible with the new Air Unit firmware as the Goggles V2 are fully compatible with the latest DJI releases such as the Air Unit O3.

Thank you very much for your attention, I hope you take my suggestion into consideration.

2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for your feedback and advice. We will pass your post and collect your voice to our related department for consideration and evaluation.
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_TXNsz6qtUUZO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263176 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dji siempre igual hasta que no hagan caja no harán lo que por hardware es compatible pero para sus números no interesa. HACED COMPATIBLES LA GOGGLES V2 CON TODOS LOS SISTEMA DIGITALES Y LAS GOGGLES 2 CON EL DJI FPV
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_TXNsz6qtUUZO Posted at 6-6 11:48
Dji siempre igual hasta que no hagan caja no harán lo que por hardware es compatible pero para sus números no interesa. HACED COMPATIBLES LA GOGGLES V2 CON TODOS LOS SISTEMA DIGITALES Y LAS GOGGLES 2 CON EL DJI FPV

Hi. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that this will not go unnoticed, and we will forward it to our relevant team for their evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJIupdatePLEASE
lvl.1

Australia

Is there any plans for this to be implemented this year or ever? Or will this never be implemented.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJIupdatePLEASE Posted at 9-11 16:38
Is there any plans for this to be implemented this year or ever? Or will this never be implemented.

Hi, DJIupdatePLEASE. Thank you for reaching out. If you would like to use the DJI Goggles V2 and the DJI FPV remote controller with the DJI Digital FPV System, downgrade the air unit firmware to v01.00.06.08.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJIupdatePLEASE
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, Is there plans for Goggles V2 + Remote V2 with the Air Units? (not O3).

I do not have Remote V1 since i got it with the FPV combo..

It seems to be a simple update for the Goggles V2 to support the new V01.01.0000.

(I do not want to purchase another controller and have already sold most of my system due to the incompatibility concerns.)
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DJIupdatePLEASE Posted at 9-11 22:51
Hi, Is there plans for Goggles V2 + Remote V2 with the Air Units? (not O3).

I do not have Remote V1 since i got it with the FPV combo..

Hello, there. Currently, the combination you said is not supported.
You can try the combination below:
1, DJI Goggles 2/ Integra +DJI FPV remote 2+Air unit
2. DJI FPV Goggles v2+DJI FPV Remote 2 +O3 Air unit.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJIupdatePLEASE
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Wanda, Thanks for for confirming. It seems it requires another spending of $800 (Goggles 2) or ($350) each for the O3 air unit for each drone that I would have to rebuild. It seems that DJI future releases will always have backward/forward compatibility issues unlike other competitors on the market.

This is pretty lacking on the one ecosystem concept.

This is unfortunately too risky for me to purchase. It seems that any future generation items will again make me buy multiple different sets, without support for backward/forward compatibility) instead of just one set of goggles/remote/air unit.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJIupdatePLEASE Posted at 9-12 16:22
Hi Wanda, Thanks for for confirming. It seems it requires another spending of $800 (Goggles 2) or ($350) each for the O3 air unit for each drone that I would have to rebuild. It seems that DJI future releases will always have backward/forward compatibility issues unlike other competitors on the market.

This is pretty lacking on the one ecosystem concept.

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward it to our relevant team for further review and evaluation. Hope everything will be better and better.  Your understanding should be appreciated!
2023-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules