Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Care Refresh-and selling drone and remote
2273 16 2023-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

Hello,
I wanted to verify something before I sell. I took out DJI CARE REFRESH with the MAVIC 3 last year (good till 5/3/2024). If I sell the unit, care refresh stays with the unit I sell correct?
And I only need to log out if my account on the RC PRO that's connected correct?
I've never used or needed the care refresh and if I read correctly the plan would also include an additional 1 year if it is not used in those original 2 years, correct?

Thanks for any feedback.
2023-6-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does your app show any form of binding between
a) the drone and your DJI account &
b) the controller and the drone?
If so those bindings need to be undone, it may save a lot of hassle "down the line".

Secondly you need to remove all YOUR flight logs from the controller, personally I would move them to computer etc.. If you do not remove the logs then the next person to handle the controller will be able to access those logs via computer.
There may be a reset facility in the RC Pro, if there is and you use it I would still check the controller via a computer, just to make sure the logs are gone.

It might be an idea to add "and selling the drone" to the thread's title.
2023-6-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Care Refresh stays with the aircraft even after you sell it.

Sounds like you purchased the two-year plan (instead of the one-year plan) so it is done in May '24.  I think it may be a bit confusing.  There are no additional years of DJI Care Refresh.  However, if you didn't use it in the first year, you'll get your warranty extended from 1 to 2 years.  Please note "extended to" vs. "extended by."  Also, "extended service" what does that mean?  I think it means Warranty not Care Refresh.

Or, I could be confused.  It sounds like it might but I don't know for sure.  It's possible you could be covered for a third-year after your 2-year Care Refresh goes completely unused.  I dunno, let's see what DJI says.
2023-6-5
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the title of the thread suggestion. Changed.

But, I’m selling the RC pro remote with the drone, so I don’t believe I need to unbind.  Hopefully DJI can confirm, but it looks like to me that looking on the remote, under device management, I can “remove device from account”.
Then under settings, go to the bottom and log out and that would take off any logs. As well  as removing my sd cards..
Also, hopefully they can confirm my questions on care refresh because I read it again and it indicates it goes with the drone and if refresh has not been used at all, you get another year of refresh.
2023-6-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vtcats Posted at 6-5 13:35

But, I’m selling the RC pro remote with the drone, so I don’t believe I need to unbind.  Hopefully DJI can confirm, but it looks like to me that looking on the remote, under device management, I can “remove device from account”.

Just to check what do you think I mean by words based on "bind" e.g. binding, bound, unbind etc.?

If the equipment is bound as I described then put bluntly, unless you intend to give the buyer the login details to your account, you are mistaken ........ in a big way.
I use "bind" etc. to denote the connections associated with Flyaway insurance, which seems to be part and parcel of care refresh. If you did not bind the drone etc. in accordance with the flyaway instructions then perhaps you can ignore the binding stuff but I still think you'd do better to remove any thing that appears under device management.

The bindings, if made, associate the drone with YOUR DJI account and the controller with the drone. Normally the buyer will not have access to your account.
There is one thread in here or the MavicPilots forum, where a buyer was given a smart controller that was still into the original owner's account, the drone and controller were bound. I do not remember if the buyer flew the drone using that login but eventually they logged out of the original account and logged in with their own details and found that they were "up the creek without even the canoe" let alone the paddle.
The buyer was most 'put out' that they now had two very expensive bricks and that nothing warned them of the consequences of logging out without knowing the appropriate login details.

If the bindings exist and you leave them in place and your buyer uses their OWN DJI account then those bindings will, I think,
a) immediately ground the drone and, at least long term,
b) prevent any other controller being used with the drone and
c) possibly prevent the controller being used with any other drone.

Google "my drone is bound" and or "my controller is bound to another", you will find plenty of stories.

Under normal circumstances ONLY the binding account can undo these bindings. I would guess DJI can undo them if the equipment is returned to them and they are able to make cable connections etc. to the drone etc. or appropriate circuit boards but it seems they can not or will not do it remotely.

2023-6-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vtcats Posted at 6-5 13:35

But, I’m selling the RC pro remote with the drone, so I don’t believe I need to unbind.  Hopefully DJI can confirm, but it looks like to me that looking on the remote, under device management, I can “remove device from account”.

negative vtcats.  it is somewhat confusing but it's not that confusing.  you can either buy 1-year care refresh or you can buy 2-years care refresh.  neither of those plans will give you an extra year of care refresh if you don't use it.  when your 1-year care refresh is about to end, you will be asked if you want to purchase 1-year care refresh+.  when your 2-years care refresh is about to expire, you cannot buy 1-year care refresh+.

whether you actually have a care refresh service plan of some sort depends solely if you have a care refresh contract (by email) which lists the s/n, the coverage period, and the terms.  nothing gets modified unless you get a new contract.  i have never made a care refresh claim but have never receive an automatically extended email.  however, i do believe the warranty will be extended.  the warranty and care refresh are not the same thing.  i think the idea is the manufacturers warranty should cover the same period as care refresh as long as care refresh isn't used.

when you sell your drone, the buyer will be able to enjoy the remainder of the care refresh.

this is how i understand it in america, so canada might be different but i doubt it.

check here for more details:  https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ic-3-pro?vid=139371
2023-6-5
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-5 15:37
negative vtcats.  it is somewhat confusing but it's not that confusing.  you can either buy 1-year care refresh or you can buy 2-years care refresh.  neither of those plans will give you an extra year of care refresh if you don't use it.  when your 1-year care refresh is about to end, you will be asked if you want to purchase 1-year care refresh+.  when your 2-years care refresh is about to expire, you cannot buy 1-year care refresh+.

whether you actually have a care refresh service plan of some sort depends solely if you have a care refresh contract (by email) which lists the s/n, the coverage period, and the terms.  nothing gets modified unless you get a new contract.  i have never made a care refresh claim but have never receive an automatically extended email.  however, i do believe the warranty will be extended.  the warranty and care refresh are not the same thing.  i think the idea is the manufacturers warranty should cover the same period as care refresh as long as care refresh isn't used.

That sounds like it’s probably correct (warranty extending, not care refresh) I had spoken with DJI months ago on the phone and they were very confusing so that’s why I posted here.
2023-6-5
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-5 15:18
Just to check what do you think I mean by words based on "bind" e.g. binding, bound, unbind etc.?

If the equipment is bound as I described then put bluntly, unless you intend to give the buyer the login details to your account, you are mistaken ........ in a big way.

Yea, wording issue here I guess. Bottom line is, if I remove from my account (which as it looks can be done  right on the remote, should give them the ability to then use, sign in or create their account and continue on with the care refresh. I watched a few videos today showing this process and it seemed very easy so it will be set for the new owner.
2023-6-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vtcats Posted at 6-5 16:33
Yea, wording issue here I guess. Bottom line is, if I remove from my account (which as it looks can be done  right on the remote, should give them the ability to then use, sign in or create their account and continue on with the care refresh. I watched a few videos today showing this process and it seemed very easy so it will be set for the new owner.

you cannot transfer care refresh from one person to another.   however, you don't need to because it stays with the drone.
2023-6-5
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done it twice. Just unbind controller from drone...then remove account on controller. Bam done. And also cancel your FAA register if you did one too.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Vtcats. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Care Refresh is activated using the aircraft's serial number. If you sell the drone, the DJI Care Refresh is included as well. If you are going to sell the devices, make sure to unbind them from your account and log out of your account from the DJI Fly app. The drone is entitled to have Rewards for Safe Flight if the product specified in the service agreement has not used replacement service during the term of validity, an additional 1-year extended warranty service will be provided for your product after the current DJI Care Refresh (2-Year Plan) expires. For more information about your Service Plan, please visit this link: (https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage). Hope this helps.
2023-6-6
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-6 01:46
Hi, Vtcats. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Care Refresh is activated using the aircraft's serial number. If you sell the drone, the DJI Care Refresh is included as well. If you are going to sell the devices, make sure to unbind them from your account and log out of your account from the DJI Fly app. The drone is entitled to have Rewards for Safe Flight if the product specified in the service agreement has not used replacement service during the term of validity, an additional 1-year extended warranty service will be provided for your product after the current DJI Care Refresh (2-Year Plan) expires. For more information about your Service Plan, please visit this https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage]link.[/url] Hope this helps.

It does regarding the care refresh, but other than watching videos from people preparing to sell their drones, I was hoping for a SPECIFIC step by step from DJI (as opposed to YouTubers) as to the process of unbinding, logging out and.or any more steps….and I don’t see that anywhere (but maybe I’ve missed it).
2023-6-6
Use props
williammiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11218054 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-5 12:58
DJI Care Refresh stays with the aircraft even after you sell it.

Sounds like you purchased the two-year plan (instead of the one-year plan) so it is done in May '24.  I think it may be a bit confusing.  There are no additional years of DJI Care Refresh.  However, if you didn't use it in the first year, you'll get your warranty extended from 1 to 2 years.  Please note "extended to" vs. "extended by."  Also, "extended service" what does that mean?  I think it means Warranty not Care Refresh.

That’s a very long winded way of saying “I don’t know”
2023-6-6
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

williammiller Posted at 6-6 11:14
That’s a very long winded way of saying “I don’t know”

correct, i don't know for sure.  apparently the additional one-year warranty is added after you don't use your 2-year dji care refresh; didn't know that.

buy drone with 2-year care refresh:  covering jan 2021 - dec 2022
do not use 2-year care refresh up until dec 31, 2022
extend warranty for 1-year:  covering jan 2023 - dec 2023

sounds like when you are covered by care refresh and you never use it, they assume your drone is still in good shape and will cover it for one more year (not care but warranty).  good deal.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Vtcats Posted at 6-6 02:06
It does regarding the care refresh, but other than watching videos from people preparing to sell their drones, I was hoping for a SPECIFIC step by step from DJI (as opposed to YouTubers) as to the process of unbinding, logging out and.or any more steps….and I don’t see that anywhere (but maybe I’ve missed it).

Hi, Vtcats. Here's the process for unbinding:

To log out, go to Profile > Settings > Logout. In addition, some instructions are in this website Forum asked by other users, you may utilize the search bar for specific instructions you're looking for or you may also post them here. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-6-9
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-9 06:22
Hi, Vtcats. Here's the process for unbinding:
[view_image]
To log out, go to Profile > Settings > Logout. In addition, some instructions are in this website Forum asked by other users, you may utilize the search bar for specific instructions you're looking for or you may also post them here. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Got it. Thanks
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're welcome, Vtcats. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules