728 3 2023-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albator74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1878740 ft
Canada

Hello!

I recently purchased a Mini 3 Pro combo with DJI RC screen, I own the standard RC231 which I also like to use when I am not traveling.

Is there a way I can have my Air2S keeping the pairing on the 2 RCs but choosing the one I want to control the drone depending on my needs ?

each time I want to use the DJI RC, I have to pair it again and again, same for the RC231... are you obliged to STICK on one controler only dedicated to one Drone ??

Also this might be a noob question but why DJI is preventing pairing on multiple RC ( security concerns ) ?

thanks for letting me know !

2023-6-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

one drone, one controller.  if you want to fly the drone once per day and you use same rc for 5 days in a row, all you have to do is power on the drone and power on the controller, they'll connect and you can fly.  this happens because the drone recognizes this one controller and not all the other controllers in the city including your other one tucked away at home.  however, on day 4 if you decide to switch, you are free to drop the original controller and replace it with a different controller.  your drone will delete the older controller and replace it with the new controller of your choice.  what would you like to do, have your drone recognize a list of handful of controllers that you own and simply connect to the first one it sees?  ideally this would be nice to have a list of two (instead of one) but my thinking is the complications that come with this outweigh the use case (i.e. when the mavic 2 could do this, when it could pair with 2 controllers, no one really cared for it).  it might be able to be done today but the dji process is too unreliable and it's probably best just to stick to one controller.  imo
2023-6-5
Use props
Albator74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1878740 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 6-5 14:07
one drone, one controller.  if you want to fly the drone once per day and you use same rc for 5 days in a row, all you have to do is power on the drone and power on the controller, they'll connect and you can fly.  this happens because the drone recognizes this one controller and not all the other controllers in the city including your other one tucked away at home.  however, on day 4 if you decide to switch, you are free to drop the original controller and replace it with a different controller.  your drone will delete the older controller and replace it with the new controller of your choice.  what would you like to do, have your drone recognize a list of handful of controllers that you own and simply connect to the first one it sees?  ideally this would be nice to have a list of two (instead of one) but my thinking is the complications that come with this outweigh the use case (i.e. when the mavic 2 could do this, when it could pair with 2 controllers, no one really cared for it).  it might be able to be done today but the dji process is too unreliable and it's probably best just to stick to one controller.  imo

Hello, Thanks for your answer,
exactly, I would like at least to have 2 controllers which would simply connect to the aircraft they already know I own, when I power it on... but I see this is not as simple. for me the hassle is mainly being forced to pair again my drone each time I want to use another (one of my 2 ) controllers...
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. The reason why it can only connect to one RC at a time is because the drone only records the most recently connected controller. We will have your feedback recorded and forward it to our team for consideration. Please stay tuned to the DJI website (www.dji.com) for updates. Have a nice day!
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules