Question about Osmo Mobile 3 and Mimo App
755 5 2023-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DDXX
lvl.1
United States

Hi!  New Osmo Mobile 3 user here.
I just tested Osmo mobile 3 with my pixel 5, took some photos with Mimo app.  After coping all photos and videos to my PC, I found image resolution is either 1440x1080 (4:3) or 1920x1080 (16:9).  I looked all the settings in Mimo App, I saw only frame settings where I can choose 4:3 or 16:9, I don't see how to increase image resolution.  Could you let me how to do that?  I know the phone is outdated, but with the camera app, it can take photo 4032x3024.  The same question applies to video also.  I found videos are also 1080p and I couldn't find how to change resolution either.

When I looked the image property, I found coordinator showed as latitude: 40;45; 11.42388, longitude: -2147483648; 0; 1.82041015625.  I can understand the latitude value but I really can't understand the longitude value, what does that mean?  When I look the same photo on my phone with google photo, it shows 40.753&74.002 and it is in Kyrgzstan.  However, the photo is taken in New York city.  I found 74.002E is in Kyrgzstan and 74.002W is in NYC.  Did Mimo save the values correctly?  Why google photo misunderstood it?

My phone is Pixel 5, Android 13 and I installed Mimo 1.8.16(226258).

Thank you very much.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HI there. Thank you for your feedback. Due to the numerous android system models available, the system version and development for third-party ports will have some inconsistencies. To ensure the stability of video shooting, the ability to shoot videos at a high frame rate has been granted to some mobile phones. For specific parameters, please refer to the Compatibility List on the DJI official website. If you want to shoot at higher resolution and bitrate, it is advised to use the local camera and use the Osmo Mobile 3 as a stabilizer. As for the GPS, the footage will only contain the position information if the location permission in the DJI Mimo app and the GPS of the mobile phone are enabled.
We hope this clarifies your concerns.
2023-6-10
Use props
chilean newbie
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-10 09:57
HI there. Thank you for your feedback. Due to the numerous android system models available, the system version and development for third-party ports will have some inconsistencies. To ensure the stability of video shooting, the ability to shoot videos at a high frame rate has been granted to some mobile phones. For specific parameters, please refer to the Compatibility List on the DJI official website. If you want to shoot at higher resolution and bitrate, it is advised to use the local camera and use the Osmo Mobile 3 as a stabilizer. As for the GPS, the footage will only contain the position information if the location permission in the DJI Mimo app and the GPS of the mobile phone are enabled.

hi, i canto post a new thread yet but i am anxious to start using my new osmo mobile 3 but i have a problem..... once i turn it on, i have the left light quickly turn from green to red, the 2 lights in the midle are steady white and the light on the right flashes white and after a few seconds  the stabilizer simply shuts off.
On the other hand, on the MIMO APP a message pops ups and says the battery is too cold. how ever im indoors right now and have the temperature set to 75° F wich i know its more than acceptable.
i dont know if these two problems are related or happend to be completly different things.
is there anyway i can chat with somebody in real time?
thanks for any kind of help you can offer
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chilean newbie Posted at 6-10 19:26
hi, i canto post a new thread yet but i am anxious to start using my new osmo mobile 3 but i have a problem..... once i turn it on, i have the left light quickly turn from green to red, the 2 lights in the midle are steady white and the light on the right flashes white and after a few seconds  the stabilizer simply shuts off.
On the other hand, on the MIMO APP a message pops ups and says the battery is too cold. how ever im indoors right now and have the temperature set to 75° F wich i know its more than acceptable.
i dont know if these two problems are related or happend to be completly different things.

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We'd like to see the behavior so kindly post a short video showing the issue and a screenshot of the error message. But if you prefer to chat with a representative, you may contact them at (support.dji.com). Thank you.
2023-6-12
Use props
DDXX
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-10 09:57
HI there. Thank you for your feedback. Due to the numerous android system models available, the system version and development for third-party ports will have some inconsistencies. To ensure the stability of video shooting, the ability to shoot videos at a high frame rate has been granted to some mobile phones. For specific parameters, please refer to the Compatibility List on the DJI official website. If you want to shoot at higher resolution and bitrate, it is advised to use the local camera and use the Osmo Mobile 3 as a stabilizer. As for the GPS, the footage will only contain the position information if the location permission in the DJI Mimo app and the GPS of the mobile phone are enabled.

Thanks for the reply.
I looked the compatible list, my phone is not on the list.  It seems the Osmo 3 is too outdated now, I will get a later one soon.  Thanks.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DDXX Posted at 6-20 15:53
Thanks for the reply.
I looked the compatible list, my phone is not on the list.  It seems the Osmo 3 is too outdated now, I will get a later one soon.  Thanks.

We understand and we appreciate your understanding. Should you have other concerns, please reach us back here.
2023-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules