Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Reduce Screen Glare & Reflections on DJI RC
1306 21 2023-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How to reduce the screen reflections & glare on the DJI RC ( Remote Controller ) for the DJI Mini 3 Pro DJI Mavic 3 PRO DJI Mavic 3 Classic and DJI Mavic 3

BUY YOUR DJI RC MATTE SCREEN PROTECTOR : https://amzn.to/3MOZC50

BUY YOUR DJI RC MATTE SCREEN PROTECTOR : https://amzn.to/3OUX2Nu

2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seen and commented on in the Mavic 3 Pro thread.    Great job on the video.
2023-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2023-6-7
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you
2023-6-7
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 13:45
Seen and commented on in the Mavic 3 Pro thread.    Great job on the video.

Cheers wasnt sure which thread to put it on
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 6-7 12:21
Cheers wasnt sure which thread to put it on

No problem Hieth as it really applies to both threads.  Hope you are having a great week.
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2023-6-7
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video...thanks!
2023-6-8
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 6-8 21:13
Great video...thanks!

You are welcome glad you liked it
2023-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2023-6-12
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you
2023-6-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-6-12
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Looks great, i use one on my RC
2023-7-24
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I have the normal screen protector and I was looking for the matte one as everybody say it is better.. Then I watch the video and...   Am I missing something here? Why is the test done in a semi shaded environment and does it look really better?

2023-7-24
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DanielVieira Posted at 7-24 12:53
Looks great, i use one on my RC

They are really good
2023-7-25
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 7-24 14:22
I have the normal screen protector and I was looking for the matte one as everybody say it is better.. Then I watch the video and...   Am I missing something here? Why is the test done in a semi shaded environment and does it look really better?

[view_image]

Hi I did it in an area that had the sun shining down in between the trees to make it as bad as I could - it does make a difference but it does not eliminate it fully if you want it to do that then you should try out the cover in the video as that makes it even better - thanks for watching cheers Hieth
2023-7-25
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Hitmax Posted at 7-25 11:32
Hi I did it in an area that had the sun shining down in between the trees to make it as bad as I could - it does make a difference but it does not eliminate it fully if you want it to do that then you should try out the cover in the video as that makes it even better - thanks for watching cheers Hieth

I got the hood for the other radios that I got and I know they work, but I still don't understand why would you test a screen for glare reflection in a partially shaded area?? It doesn't seem to be a logical way to test a screen for glare... Besides that, in your video, as you can see from above, the after screen is actually worse than the before one...

I just notice that your links to Amazon are affiliated ones. There seems to be a conflict of interest here...
2023-7-25
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 7-25 13:40
I got the hood for the other radios that I got and I know they work, but I still don't understand why would you test a screen for glare reflection in a partially shaded area?? It doesn't seem to be a logical way to test a screen for glare... Besides that, in your video, as you can see from above, the after screen is actually worse than the before one...

I just notice that your links to Amazon are affiliated ones. There seems to be a conflict of interest here...

Hi Burt - I can confirm there is an advantage and the glare/reflection is reduced the reason for showing it like this is that when you have a combination of shadows and direct sunlight shining down this is the worst possible combination, hence why using this as a example. As part of my job as a fire fighter in the Fire Service and Surf Rescue I use drones almost daily and we use similar products to these (all be it more expensive ones) as for the amazon links there is no conflict of interest as it clearly states these are affiliated links and any funds raised go towards the Fire Fighters Charity. All we try to do is help other users with our fast experience of using these for rescue and surveillance purposes, sorry if you feel we are misleading you or you disagree with us but this has not been the case with everyone who has brought these in fact quite the opposite - anyway have a great day cheers Hieth
2023-7-31
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Hitmax Posted at 7-31 10:08
Hi Burt - I can confirm there is an advantage and the glare/reflection is reduced the reason for showing it like this is that when you have a combination of shadows and direct sunlight shining down this is the worst possible combination, hence why using this as a example. As part of my job as a fire fighter in the Fire Service and Surf Rescue I use drones almost daily and we use similar products to these (all be it more expensive ones) as for the amazon links there is no conflict of interest as it clearly states these are affiliated links and any funds raised go towards the Fire Fighters Charity. All we try to do is help other users with our fast experience of using these for rescue and surveillance purposes, sorry if you feel we are misleading you or you disagree with us but this has not been the case with everyone who has brought these in fact quite the opposite - anyway have a great day cheers Hieth

Hi Hieth
Thank you for your reply...

This is your disclaimer on Youtube:

"DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!"

and this is on your website:

"Awesome films, videos & photos produced or edited to suit your prefference.

I have created, produced and edited endorsed work for The Fire & Rescue Service, Land Rover Off Road Tours, Surf Life Rescue Events and Nationwide Building Society as well as small personal projects for companies & individuals.

I will capture awesome cinematic views and edit these into stories that bring memories to bring to life of those special events or just something for fun - this is a passion of mine that I love to share with others.

No job is to small, I provide a honest & trustworthy service if I cant do what you want then I will tell you, if you dont like what I produce then you wont pay.

I am freelance videographer & photographer creating & editing films, I also make & edit short films, photos  & adverts for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube."

As you can see, there is no mentioning of you collecting money from your "reviews" for charity purposes only...

Finally, I understand when you say that there is an advantage, but your video shows the opposite. Look at the picture above... I just don't see, how you can say that the after picture has less glare than the before picture...

I did however purchase the plastic hood...
2023-7-31
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 7-31 14:14
Hi Hieth
Thank you for your reply...

Thanks Burt - I am fully aware of what I have written on my website and also the disclaimer on YouTube which is 100% correct and what YouTube advised me to write as they pay the money to me not to my Fire Fighter Charity I do that along with other funds I personally donate form my own money.
I am fortunate enough through hard work that I do not need any of the money that gets paid for affiliation plus due to taxation it would result in it being pennies rather than a few pounds which means that though gift aid that some of the tax that I pay goes straight to the charity, also it would be misleading to write that the funds get paid to the charity as they are paid to me first - hope that helps you to understand.  Greta to hear you have purchased the hood I am positive you will agree that it is beneficial and good luck with it - happy flying - cheers Hieth
2023-8-1
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Hitmax Posted at 8-1 09:02
Thanks Burt - I am fully aware of what I have written on my website and also the disclaimer on YouTube which is 100% correct and what YouTube advised me to write as they pay the money to me not to my Fire Fighter Charity I do that along with other funds I personally donate form my own money.
I am fortunate enough through hard work that I do not need any of the money that gets paid for affiliation plus due to taxation it would result in it being pennies rather than a few pounds which means that though gift aid that some of the tax that I pay goes straight to the charity, also it would be misleading to write that the funds get paid to the charity as they are paid to me first - hope that helps you to understand.  Greta to hear you have purchased the hood I am positive you will agree that it is beneficial and good luck with it - happy flying - cheers Hieth

Sorry mate, I don't buy it... but you don't need to convince me...

If you donate 100% of your Youtube income to charity, there is nothing stopping you let your viewers know anywhere in the actual video, or in the description... That is if is true and you want them to know...

Not sure if you are aware, but there is also a program offered by Youtube called:

Donate to a nonprofit with YouTube Giving

Happy flying...
2023-8-1
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 8-1 14:44
Sorry mate, I don't buy it... but you don't need to convince me...

If you donate 100% of your Youtube income to charity, there is nothing stopping you let your viewers know anywhere in the actual video, or in the description... That is if is true and you want them to know...

Well I can agree with you on the fact that I don't need to convince you but I like being accused of lying.

The Fire Fighters Charity helped my rehabilitation when I broke my neck and back, so much so that I was able to return as an Active Fire Fighter and have been for over 29 years now - in that time I have raised or donated over £50,000 to thank them and this is another small way of saying thankyou.

YouTube Giving does not work for the small commission from Amazon and the UK taxation system does not offer another way of doing it hence why I do not mislead anyone on my description and tell the truth it is paid to me and then I donate it to say thank you for changing my life !

As I said I don't need the money myself from Amazon as I earn enough money to be extremely comfortable YouTube, Drones and Cameras are my hobby and I review stuff to help others.

Take care
2023-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules