RC Pro Account Not Logged in: Mavic 3 only?
12Next >
3275 44 2023-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

There are a couple threads on this that basically talk about since the Fall FW update to the controller, the RC Pro will automatically log one out thus crippling your Mavic 3 to flying very low and not very far until you log in again:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281431&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D772%26typeid%3D772

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=283249&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D772%26typeid%3D772

In regards to my specifics birds, my Mavic 3 Cine and Mavic 3 Pro when using the regular RC Remote do not self log out like the RC Pro does.
But with no warning, no calendar timeline, nothing, I have arrived at jobs in areas with no cell serivce and been locked out of using my drone becasue of this covert self log out garbage.

I can not be sure but I think it is specific to the RC Pro, not the Mavic 3. Can anyne who is using this controller with a drone other than a Mavic 3 speak to experiencing one of these involuntary log outs? Just trying to pin down the issue a bit better.

Thanks!

2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been automatically logged out using the RC Pro with the Air 2S.  So now I just check before I go out to fly to make sure I'm logged in.  
2023-6-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a bad thing.  And should governments not be friendly with each other, I wonder what happens when we get logged out....  : )
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. We highly recommend checking the app every time before flying to ensure the stability of the mission. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-8
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-8 00:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. We highly recommend checking the app every time before flying to ensure the stability of the mission. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for the reply. Obviously for certain professionals, that is not going to work. Even if in cell range it would require a song and dance of a log out then log back in and to be frank…that’s insanely disruptive to professional work flow.

This issue is now starting to make the rounds in other places, reviews etc. This needs to be corrected.
2023-6-8
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-8 00:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. We highly recommend checking the app every time before flying to ensure the stability of the mission. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This is incorrect and I just posted on the Mavic 3 page as well from that thread. I was logged in and connected to the network (that is to say I turned on both the RC PRO and Mavic 3 Pro, which were connected to my home internet), just YESTERDAY.
TODAY, when I turned on the RC Pro and Mavic 3 Pro, I noticed I was logged out. Thankfully I was lucky and home today so I could log back in, but based upon this, I don’t see how this can be reliable for ANY jobs coming up. Sometimes I cannot always be on internet within a day or few days to make sure I’m connected and logged in, and even if I could based upon this recent experience it won’t matter!

Either you are not forthcoming for some reason or there is a bug and won’t admit it. This is a problem.
2023-6-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vtcats Posted at 6-8 06:28
This is incorrect and I just posted on the Mavic 3 page as well from that thread. I was logged in and connected to the network (that is to say I turned on both the RC PRO and Mavic 3 Pro, which were connected to my home internet), just YESTERDAY.
TODAY, when I turned on the RC Pro and Mavic 3 Pro, I noticed I was logged out. Thankfully I was lucky and home today so I could log back in, but based upon this, I don’t see how this can be reliable for ANY jobs coming up. Sometimes I cannot always be on internet within a day or few days to make sure I’m connected and logged in, and even if I could based upon this recent experience it won’t matter!

so what's the thinking behind this.  are you suggesting that dji is saying you get 1 month starting from the day you were last logged in (which is....yesterday, duh)?  when dji says you are logged off automatically after one month, why is it inconceivable that you would be logged in one day and logged off the very next day?
personally i believe it is a bug and even though they intended to log off monthly, it's happening more often or unpredictably...for some folks.  i honestly don't care if they admit it or not; just fix it please.
2023-6-8
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-8 08:35
so what's the thinking behind this.  are you suggesting that dji is saying you get 1 month starting from the day you were last logged in (which is....yesterday, duh)?  when dji says you are logged off automatically after one month, why is it inconceivable that you would be logged in one day and logged off the very next day?
personally i believe it is a bug and even though they intended to log off monthly, it's happening more often or unpredictably...for some folks.  i honestly don't care if they admit it or not; just fix it please.

I was being either kind or sarcastic take it as you wish. Ultimately just hoping they see actual facts showing us something very different than what they are saying is “supposed” to happen.
And yes, it needs to be fixed
2023-6-8
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

To the above, the log outs have been random enough that I have no idea what the rhyme or reason of it is. I just know it is seriously disruptive and also like the above, makes me not want to trust it, especially for paid jobs.

I really hope DJI gets this and moves the needle in the right direction, it’s a downright terrible thing to do to an otherwise great controller.
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

KS-6 Posted at 6-8 04:04
Thanks for the reply. Obviously for certain professionals, that is not going to work. Even if in cell range it would require a song and dance of a log out then log back in and to be frank…that’s insanely disruptive to professional work flow.

This issue is now starting to make the rounds in other places, reviews etc. This needs to be corrected.

We totally understand your request. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Vtcats Posted at 6-8 06:28
This is incorrect and I just posted on the Mavic 3 page as well from that thread. I was logged in and connected to the network (that is to say I turned on both the RC PRO and Mavic 3 Pro, which were connected to my home internet), just YESTERDAY.
TODAY, when I turned on the RC Pro and Mavic 3 Pro, I noticed I was logged out. Thankfully I was lucky and home today so I could log back in, but based upon this, I don’t see how this can be reliable for ANY jobs coming up. Sometimes I cannot always be on internet within a day or few days to make sure I’m connected and logged in, and even if I could based upon this recent experience it won’t matter!

Thank you for your response. To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind the user to connect to the network. No worries, we will forward this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-10
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 01:32
Thank you for your response. To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind the user to connect to the network. No worries, we will forward this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Along with firmware update notifications, fly safe database notifications have been appearing since the Mavic 2 Pro and have since moved into other drones including the Mavic 3 series. But they have been opt-in as soon as convenient types of updates (never update either of these before a big job lest an issue on either update cause the drone to not fly). This still very much applies to use of the regular RC which logically uses exactly the same fly safe database as drones being flown with the RC Pro.

I have noticed that the database notifications have disappeared from the RC Pro, is DJI now mandating this auto log out feature in order to forcibly update the fly safe database without our decision in the matter? And is this a sign of things to come in regards to DJI’s particular approach to complying with RID?

Our local mountain rescue uses a few M3E birds for SAR, they are *very* concerned about this auto log out with the RC Pro Enterprise. Strongly reconsider such over reach.
2023-6-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 01:32

My RC Pro has NEVER logged me out in order to update anything!!!! Why now? Totally bogus! There is NO REASON!!!
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-11 18:33
My RC Pro has NEVER logged me out in order to update anything!!!! Why now? Totally bogus! There is NO REASON!!!

Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding on this one. Have a nice day.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-11 18:33

Hello there, Captain. This applies to the DJI Fly app itself not only the DJI RC Pro. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-12
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 01:05
Hello there, Captain. This applies to the DJI Fly app itself not only the DJI RC Pro. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. Thank you for your understanding.
Hi, this has only been happening on the RC Pro and RC Pro Enterprise thus far. I just confirmed it this morning with flights of my Mavic 3 Cine / regular RC and my Mini 3 Pro / regular RC. Wi-Fi is off on both, no log in message and in the case of the Mini 3 Pro, the first time it has been flown in almost 2 months. Perfect flights.

And on that note to others reading this who use other controllers like the regular RC with the DJI Fly app, I *highly* suggest ensuring Wi-Fi is off every flight thus preventing any further updates to the regular RC and associated aircraft until DJI comes up with a better way to implement this or at least explains the roadmap for this much better.

Both of my regular RC’s and their associated aircraft will remain permanently sandboxed in closed loop mode now because of this.
2023-6-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 01:05
Hello there, Captain. This applies to the DJI Fly app itself not only the DJI RC Pro. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. Thank you for your understanding.

I fly several times a week. I NEVER go a month without flying!!!
2023-6-12
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-12 07:02
I fly several times a week. I NEVER go a month without flying!!!

It does not matter how often you do or do not fly, it will pull the log out stunt as a means to ensure the updates are fed to the controller. I honestly think that this is what is in store for us using DJI drones in regards to how they implement compliance with RID.

For such an impactful change to the RC Pro, details have been rather thin. I am hoping for some modifications to the way they have gone about this, otherwise I am using regular RC's for all my current DJI drones.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

KS-6 Posted at 6-12 04:30
Hi, this has only been happening on the RC Pro and RC Pro Enterprise thus far. I just confirmed it this morning with flights of my Mavic 3 Cine / regular RC and my Mini 3 Pro / regular RC. Wi-Fi is off on both, no log in message and in the case of the Mini 3 Pro, the first time it has been flown in almost 2 months. Perfect flights.

And on that note to others reading this who use other controllers like the regular RC with the DJI Fly app, I *highly* suggest ensuring Wi-Fi is off every flight thus preventing any further updates to the regular RC and associated aircraft until DJI comes up with a better way to implement this or at least explains the roadmap for this much better.

We will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-15
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-15 01:01
We will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our team. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes this is a really bad issue Paladin, I think a lot of your team think the whole world is connected all the time, but here in the Australian outback for example huge areas, bigger than many countries, don't have access to the internet . I work in very remote locations and when this log-out happens it can be a major problem when I am working for clients like BBC, National Geographic, Warner Brothers etc. I've been in situations where I have been on a professional job and had to drive up to 100km on rough dirt roads just to log back in so I can regain the normal flying functions on the aircraft! On big projects we take precautions like having another complete drone kit ready to go if we crash it or lose it , but we don't expect our own controller to ruin the job!
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

christangey Posted at 6-16 23:43
Yes this is a really bad issue Paladin, I think a lot of your team think the whole world is connected all the time, but here in the Australian outback for example huge areas, bigger than many countries, don't have access to the internet . I work in very remote locations and when this log-out happens it can be a major problem when I am working for clients like BBC, National Geographic, Warner Brothers etc. I've been in situations where I have been on a professional job and had to drive up to 100km on rough dirt roads just to log back in so I can regain the normal flying functions on the aircraft! On big projects we take precautions like having another complete drone kit ready to go if we crash it or lose it , but we don't expect our own controller to ruin the job!

Hi, Christan. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated, and thanks for your continued support. Stay safe.
2023-6-18
Use props
CannaeProductions
New

United States

Just to add that I was preparing to order the Mavic 3 Pro Cine Drone bundle when I read reports of this auto-logout fiasco.  I will not be ordering the US $4799 system unless and until this issue is satisfactorily addressed and resolve by DJI.  I have plans to use the drone in many areas without cellular or internet service.
2023-6-18
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes this is a really bad issue Paladin, I think a lot of your team think the whole world is connected all the time, but here in the Australian outback for example huge areas, bigger than many countries, don't have access to the internet . I work in very remote locations and when this log-out happens it can be a major problem when I am working for clients like BBC, National Geographic, Warner Brothers etc. I've been in situations where I have been on a professional job and had to drive up to 100km on rough dirt roads just to log back in so I can regain the normal flying functions on the aircraft! On big projects we take precautions like having another complete drone kit ready to go if we crash it or lose it , but we don't expect our own controller to ruin the job!

Chris, sorry to hear you have also been impacted by this but I thank you for the on point addition to the voices of those greatly concerned and affected by this.
The Mavic 3 platform is a mature product and the Mavic 3 Pro in particular is an incredibly productive tool in a folding drone.

I hate to see it being brought to “deal breaker” status by this unfortunate move in the RC Pro. Let’s hope DJI seriously considers making a move that puts this tool back on top where it belongs.
2023-6-18
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Could this be some sort of bug and everyone is not affected?  I got the Mavic 3 Pro starting on May 11 and as of today, my RCPro has never logged out yet; is it a matter of time?
2023-6-18
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Yes this is a really bad issue Paladin, I think a lot of your team think the whole world is connected all the time, but here in the Australian outback for example huge areas, bigger than many countries, don't have access to the internet . I work in very remote locations and when this log-out happens it can be a major problem when I am working for clients like BBC, National Geographic, Warner Brothers etc. I've been in situations where I have been on a professional job and had to drive up to 100km on rough dirt roads just to log back in so I can regain the normal flying functions on the aircraft! On big projects we take precautions like having another complete drone kit ready to go if we crash it or lose it , but we don't expect our own controller to ruin the job!

I couldn't agree with you more...

I posted a similar content to yours... Part of the US, Africa, Asia, Australia, South America and possibly many more, don't have Internet access...

This is going to be a big issue if not fixed quickly...

DJI, let the radio stay logged in all the time at least for those country where Internet it is still under construction because of the lack of population...
2023-6-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-18 21:58
Could this be some sort of bug and everyone is not affected?  I got the Mavic 3 Pro starting on May 11 and as of today, my RCPro has never logged out yet; is it a matter of time?

I'm in the same boat. Had the M3 Cine since November 2021 and have not had this issue with my RC Pro.
2023-6-23
Use props
Tom_765
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

How long is it supposed to take before the RC PRO logs a person out?  I had flown mine last on 6/15/2023 and I just went to fly it again today (6/25/2023) and had the issue of not being logged in, yet again.  That's only a 10-day period.  I could understand if it was 30 or more days.  But 10 days is too short.  It would be nice if we were given the option of manually logging out or changing the logout setting on our own.
Thanks.
2023-6-25
Use props
Chris Burks
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have this happen to me every month and I have to say it is infuriating and causes me major problems at times. Another photographer I know just contacted me as there are a lot of places here in New Zealand where you may go a few days without data coverage in the South Island if you are trecking or staying in the Mountains and he was in his camper van about to do his shoot and was totally locked out of flying and it was a four hour drive to get cell coverage! This is totally unacceptable as it means your drone is no use to you, we should not have to be limited like this with a product that we payed good money for. On this basis I have told other friends not to upgrade yet!!!!
2023-8-3
Use props
keithproshoot.co.nz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 465906 ft
New Zealand

Brand new MavicPro3, filming in remote location, wasnt able to fly further than 30meters because app had logged itself out. App had last been logged in only days beforehand so DJI is lying when they say you have to log in once a month. I film in remote locations for long periods of time, this is going to cripple my new MavicPro3. DJI, this is unnaceptable. My Inspire 2 I have been flying since it came out does not require an app login. Please remove this limitation for professional users
2023-8-4
Use props
keithproshoot.co.nz
lvl.1
New Zealand

Ive just opened a support case, DJI seem to be taking it seriously so far
2023-8-6
Use props
keithproshoot.co.nz
lvl.1
New Zealand

2023-8-6
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Chris Burks Posted at 8-3 16:32
I have this happen to me every month and I have to say it is infuriating and causes me major problems at times. Another photographer I know just contacted me as there are a lot of places here in New Zealand where you may go a few days without data coverage in the South Island if you are trecking or staying in the Mountains and he was in his camper van about to do his shoot and was totally locked out of flying and it was a four hour drive to get cell coverage! This is totally unacceptable as it means your drone is no use to you, we should not have to be limited like this with a product that we payed good money for. On this basis I have told other friends not to upgrade yet!!!!

When you are on a multi-thousand dollar job for a client when it happens, it becomes a whole other thing. I can actually see law suits down the road. Imagine if other companies just randomly disabled your car or boat or cine camera in the middle of nowhere like this.
2023-8-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

christangey Posted at 8-8 16:08
When you are on a multi-thousand dollar job for a client when it happens, it becomes a whole other thing. I can actually see law suits down the road. Imagine if other companies just randomly disabled your car or boat or cine camera in the middle of nowhere like this.

well I guess they are just as suit-happy down under as they are in america.  let me play devils advocate here for a second.  you knew your equipment was logging you out unexpectedly and you continued to use it even though it could cause you to suffer damages?  it is reasonable to believe for a time or two this might happen (which likely means it's a bug because it doesn't happen to me) but when it happened repeatedly, you just continue to keep using the faulty equipment until it costs you big time and then you want to sue the company for damages when you agreed to hold them blameless for these sorts of issues?  i think you would have an easier time if you quit using the equipment and sued for having to spend the money on equipment that later because unsuitable for purpose.  imho ianal ymmv.
2023-8-8
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 8-8 17:56
well I guess they are just as suit-happy down under as they are in america.  let me play devils advocate here for a second.  you knew your equipment was logging you out unexpectedly and you continued to use it even though it could cause you to suffer damages?  it is reasonable to believe for a time or two this might happen (which likely means it's a bug because it doesn't happen to me) but when it happened repeatedly, you just continue to keep using the faulty equipment until it costs you big time and then you want to sue the company for damages when you agreed to hold them blameless for these sorts of issues?  i think you would have an easier time if you quit using the equipment and sued for having to spend the money on equipment that later because unsuitable for purpose.  imho ianal ymmv.

Hey Saint, always nice to see the art of the strawman argument lives on
2023-8-8
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

christangey Posted at 8-8 19:18
Hey Saint, always nice to see the art of the strawman argument lives on

Spot on mate...
2023-8-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

keithproshoot.co.nz Posted at 8-6 20:40
Ive just opened a support case, DJI seem to be taking it seriously so far

Keep us update please... My brother is happy to return the radio if they can't fix the issue, but he would obviously prefer to get a firmware update and move on as there is nothing wrong with the radio..
2023-8-9
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

The "log-in account" GEO fence hit me again today. Out in the Hot Sun shooting an accident scene and I'm basically having to walk up and down the highway with my Mavic 3 Cine following me, constantly updating my home point to get it where I needed it to be. No way to connect my RC Pro to login and no idea this would continue to happen. (I first discovered this issue about 2 months ago, but, wrote it off to a bug in the last update.) I'm going to be in the Banda Sea in a few months, no internet connection for almost a month. I can't believe I've got to worry about this kind of crap now, especially having spent the money for DJI's best consumer drone and controller.  People shooting in remote areas cannot trust their drone to fly because I haven't logged in for a month?  What if I keep flying it, does the 30 day disabling of my Mavic 3/RC Pro begin after my last flight? Or, do I have to plan to log-in just before I disappear into a remote area so I get 30 days of uninterrupted use out of my Mavic 3/RC Pro? This must be changed back to the former operation. Please provide me with some information before I take my Mavic 3/RC Pro on a remote location for a month.
2023-8-24
Use props
SteffenUp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10978 ft
Germany

Hello,

is there any news about this problem?
At my last film job (in a remote area) I had the problem with the login again (Mavic3 Cine + RC Pro).
...I could not log in because my phone had no signal!
This situation is unacceptable!!!
My clientele was pi**ed off! They have brought a huge agricultural machine for aerial photography in the area... i stood there like the last fool!!
Is there a solution for this in the future?

2023-9-21
Use props
MalcolmReynolds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130407 ft
Croatia

This happened to me last on Aug 20, 2023. I thought my RC Pro sticks were broken or something. The drone would move to one side but not to the other, it would just stop and hover as if it's not responding, gave me a pretty good scare.

And then i went to check what's going on and saw the flight limitations in the app.

What a stupid way to find out you need to be logged in to be able to fly the drone.

Congrats to the DJI brain trust who came up with this brilliant idea.
2023-9-25
Use props
djiuser_tshL5lVffZq2
lvl.1

Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 13:36
I've been automatically logged out using the RC Pro with the Air 2S.  So now I just check before I go out to fly to make sure I'm logged in.

That is until you get to where you are going.  Then the notification can come up If you have no cell phone connection you cannot use your drone only onder restricted height and distance.
2023-11-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules