1554 14 2023-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:Alright friends... update on this issue.
Turns out it's NOT an issue with the 50p footage from the Mavic 3.  After some more isolation of the issue, I've determined it's caused by Final Cut Pro "re-wrapping" the H.265 MOV file.  Not sure exactly what FCPX did to it, but if I open the file in Resolve or Premiere, or re-wrap the file again through Quicktime, the issue is no longer there.  Good to know and hope this helps someone.

OG POST:
Hello Pilots!  I can't find any other mentions of this issue on the DJI Forums so I'm posting to see if anyone else has seen this.
Is this is a rare issue, a firmware issue, or something that we're all seeing with the DJI Mavic 3 5K/50p footage?  I don't recall seeing this before.

I'm finding that the 5K/50p footage (H.265) is duplicating every 24th frame.

I've tested on true 50p as well as 25p timelines to isolate out the possibility that it's an issue with conforming to a 23.98 (fractional) frame rate timeline.

I illustrate the issue in the video below (EDIT: video has been updated to show 25 and 50p timelines)

2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. You may try to reupload the video as we cannot access the link provided. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hi Mike,
Post the video.

Also check the timeline and interpret the footage before you drag it in timeline...
I see in left corner that is not pure 25FPS, but 23.98 fps...this can get you a duplicate frame.
You need to define the Timeline as what you need, import the footage but do not drag it in timeline, just click right on it, then reinterpret it as Frames and set the proper frames number to correspond to timeline.
Cheers.
2023-6-8
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-7 23:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. You may try to reupload the video as we cannot access the link provided. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your reply.  I fixed the video link.  
2023-6-8
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-8 01:04
Hi Mike,
Post the video.

Hi, Geo.

Thank you for your reply.  I'm not sure if you read the entire post.  I did test the footage in 23.98, 25p and 50p timelines.  So, it doesn't seem to be the frame rate conforming causing the issue.

Thanks for letting me know about the video not working.  I fixed the video link.  
2023-6-8
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UPDATED the video after testing 25p and 50p timelines.
2023-6-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Have seen it now...strange, will take a look when i get back on studio.
Please post the raw file.
Tks.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sky_makai Posted at 6-8 12:36
Thank you for your reply.  I fixed the video link.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-10
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Alright friends... update on this issue.

Turns out it's NOT an issue with the 50p footage from the Mavic 3.  After some more isolation of the issue, I've determined it's caused by Final Cut Pro "re-wrapping" the H.265 MOV file.  Not sure exactly what FCPX did to it, but if I open the file in Resolve or Premiere, or re-wrap the file again through Quicktime, the issue is no longer there.  Good to know and hope this helps someone.
2023-6-12
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

sky_makai Posted at 6-12 11:38
Alright friends... update on this issue.

Oh yeah!  
Thank you for clarifying that...   
2023-6-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alright friends... update on this issue.

As a Mavic 3 user, that's great news!  As a FCP user, that's just news.  : (  

Thank you for sticking to the investigation and hopefully Apple can fix their unique approach.  : )
2023-6-13
Use props
fansf627ab25
lvl.1

Pakistan

The issue you mentioned, "Duplicating 24th Frame 5K-50p" on the DJI Mavic 3, seems to refer to a problem where the 24th frame of a video recorded at 5K-50p resolution is being duplicated. This duplication of frames can result in a less smooth and consistent playback experience.

If you are experiencing this problem, there are a few steps you can take to address it. First, ensure that you have the latest firmware update installed for your DJI Mavic 3. Manufacturers often release firmware updates to fix known issues and improve overall performance. Check the DJI website or the official DJI app for any available updates.

If the issue persists after updating the firmware, it would be advisable to reach out to DJI customer support for further assistance. They have specialized knowledge and resources to help troubleshoot and resolve specific problems with DJI products. They may be able to provide you with specific instructions or offer a solution to address the duplicated frame issue. If still this issue noot resolved then check this dronesinsights
2023-6-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf627ab25 Posted at 6-17 11:51
The issue you mentioned, "Duplicating 24th Frame 5K-50p" on the DJI Mavic 3, seems to refer to a problem where the 24th frame of a video recorded at 5K-50p resolution is being duplicated. This duplication of frames can result in a less smooth and consistent playback experience.

If you are experiencing this problem, there are a few steps you can take to address it. First, ensure that you have the latest firmware update installed for your DJI Mavic 3. Manufacturers often release firmware updates to fix known issues and improve overall performance. Check the DJI website or the official DJI app for any available updates.

Did you even read the thread before commenting?  
2023-6-17
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansf627ab25 Posted at 6-17 11:51
The issue you mentioned, "Duplicating 24th Frame 5K-50p" on the DJI Mavic 3, seems to refer to a problem where the 24th frame of a video recorded at 5K-50p resolution is being duplicated. This duplication of frames can result in a less smooth and consistent playback experience.

I think:
That was a test of ChatGPT...
2023-6-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Alright friends... update on this issue.

Yeah, there was an old problem with codec implementation, I believe was like 5 years ago...
Same issue was there, but only with some mux/demux software.

Glad you sorted it out... My Mav3Pro's should arrive next week, as I was informed by seller, Drones Only.
Will see what is with them .
2023-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules