Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When DJI says is nothing wrong with Mini 3 Pro design...
672 11 2023-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

....and others discovered that they put a heat resistance in order to bypass a well known problem like FOGGING !!!
DJI, instead of putting a heat resistance in camera and alter the quality, was not simpler to remake the Mini 3 Pro and search the real issue?

Next drone will have a refrigerator inside camera says a DJI spokemen, with capability to carry 1 beer. )))

https://dronexl.co/2023/06/05/dji-mini-3-lens-condensation/
2023-6-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

https://kanzhaji.com/platforms/dji-mini-3-pro/63257.html
2023-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe thats a Mini 4 prototype.
2023-6-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 00:09
Maybe thats a Mini 4 prototype.

Nope )))...Is their attempt to fix fogging as they cannot find the real issue...
As the drone is cooling inside and gimbal have openings in back, the air flow is creating a different temp zone at lens level, having sensor heated and lens cooled and this generates condensing inside lenses.
Is about the air flow they made for cooling purposes, air that came from props, enters inside drone and exit at gimbal level.
If you keep the drone on land, is not fogging...if you start to fly it, is fogging in 10 seconds, as the air smashes the gimbal from back and generates this behavior.

The full sealing with rubber that is practiced by DJI right now at Mini 3 PRO cameras will work only for short term, as the rubber is degrading fast and will crack at low temp....this is why we see so many drones returned even after few exchanges...

The wrong design in air flow is not something that can be fixed, usually this involving a total recall for bad manufacturer design, but DJI will not admit it...will just exchange drones until you are out of warranty then you are toasted.
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-7 00:50
Nope )))...Is their attempt to fix fogging as they cannot find the real issue...
As the drone is cooling inside and gimbal have openings in back, the air flow is creating a different temp zone at lens level, having sensor heated and lens cooled and this generates condensing inside lenses.
Is about the air flow they made for cooling purposes, air that came from props, enters inside drone and exit at gimbal level.

Do you really think there would be a big design stage at this point in the product cycle,  especially when the fogging was caused by a badly crushed o ring doing manufacturing.
2023-6-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 00:54
Do you really think there would be a big design stage at this point in the product cycle,  especially when the fogging was caused by a badly crushed o ring doing manufacturing.

I work in HVAC and I tried to fix the Oring...In fact, we changed it with a softer and bigger one, in order to make perfect contact...but was not ORing...Then we tried to see what is the issue...At 6th exchange we received one sealed, but also was fogging after only 5 days...
So we have changed the approach...we used a industrial air dryer and lowered the room to 15% humidity, opened the lens, sealed all chamber with exterior silicone rubber grade, injected Argon in sealing to eliminate air as much as we could, then apply again a row of silicone rubber at points of contact with back case.
Never seen again fog, even in -10 degrees flights or +6 degrees super humid days.
But this took a full working day and a lot of nerves consumed, as we needed to improvise each step (we work with big HVACS, not small camera chambers )) ).
I doubt DJI will ever do that, as the process takes a lot of time for a drone to be solved...
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-7 01:03
I work in HVAC and I tried to fix the Oring...In fact, we changed it with a softer and bigger one, in order to make perfect contact...but was not ORing...Then we tried to see what is the issue...At 6th exchange we received one sealed, but also was fogging after only 5 days...
So we have changed the approach...we used a industrial air dryer and lowered the room to 15% humidity, opened the lens, sealed all chamber with exterior silicone rubber grade, injected Argon in sealing to eliminate air as much as we could, then apply again a row of silicone rubber at points of contact with back case.
Never seen again fog, even in -10 degrees flights or +6 degrees super humid days.

And then you have other drones like mine that have over 1000 flights,  6000km of distance and dont have any fogging issues.  
2023-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 04:29
And then you have other drones like mine that have over 1000 flights,  6000km of distance and dont have any fogging issues.

If I remember correctly you had your Mini 3 'serviced' or replaced, is this 1000 flights post-service?
2023-6-7
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No fogging on mine.
2023-6-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This cant be the Mini 3 or Pro as the lens is on the left side of the camera, unless of course, the image is just mirrored

Also, i haven't seen any fogging so far, nearly a year old too...

EDIT, this article that shows more, seems to show it on the left side and the right side, so it must be just mirrored...

https://xn--pss237d.com/%E6%9C%80%E6%96%B0%E7%89%88dji-mini-3%E5%B7%B2%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85%E5%8A%A0%E7%83%AD%E7%8E%AF%E8%A7%A3%E5%86%B3%E9%95%9C%E5%A4%B4%E8%B5%B7%E9%9B%BE.html
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-7 06:01
If I remember correctly you had your Mini 3 'serviced' or replaced, is this 1000 flights post-service?

It was about 1000 fights on the first drone,   and 166 on the the replacement thats just crossed 1071km now.
2023-6-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 04:29

Of course... I don't say DJI have bad products, as I fly almost all models except Agras...
But only Mini 3 Pro design is having a flaw...a massive one.

If I want to be an unsatisfied customer, I start to talk about Mavic 3 stupid lenses hole that is not big enough and covers the sensor, where DJI is cropping the image, making that 4/3 sensor to be in reality smaller, but as I said, I am not like this...I stick to the real facts that disrupt my experience...and others too...
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules