Auto flight and Waypoints for Phantom, Inspire and Matrice
3764 10 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

So I was sent this link which shows there is an option for agriculture surveying using autoflight and waypoint mapping, but more importantly demonstrating that auto flight with waypoint is available now.  

So my question is, if third party developers can produce and offer this even with the new Matrice, where is the long awaited DJI solution especially for the Inspire.

I know this option in the attached link is specific to agriculture use, but the technology is there for other geospatial surveying and auto flights.

September is just a matter or days away now so that will be yet another month gone with nothing from DJI on the auto flight and waypoint options.
2015-8-27
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Mate, you know how DJI works - you won't hear squat because they believe that silence is the way to protect their IP.
The fact that all of their competition has now moved well past DJI's current level of functionality and they are now in catchup mode while customers are left in the dark is testament to the idiocy of that strategy.

All that said, we have (briefly) seen evidence that a version of the App and FW exists that supports POI, Waypoints and 'follow me' exists in beta and is currently being tested.
What was demonstrated is extremely basic - but it's there. If it is in beta then it shouldn't be too long before we see a release.

It certainly won't be the automated mapping/waypoints that apps like the sensefly or pix4d apps have to support photogrammetry, but it's a start.
2015-8-27
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-8-27 10:35
Mate, you know how DJI works - you won't hear squat because they believe that silence is the way to  ...

Farn,

I hear what you say, but I am clinging onto a glimmer of hope that DJI will provide all the functionality of Autoflight and waypoints for use in software like Pix4d and Agisoft.  That is when they actually get their fingers out and deliver what has been promised since last year.

Even if they were to provide camera options to allow still images to be taken every two seconds in flight, it is possible to do a manual flight and capture images for import into these types of software, although granted not as efficient as full auto and waypoints and certainly of no use on larger areas.
In the mean time its nice to see options as per this link coming out.
2015-8-27
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I don't believe that DJI want to offer auto pilot/POI because if the aircraft goes AWOL the lawsuits will start flying
2015-8-27
Use props
ftremblay
lvl.2

Canada

I GB44
I have seen the video showing the DJI Go app with all the feature we have been waiting for , waypoint , POI , followme before they remove it from youtube . I am also testing the beta sofware from mapmadeeasy to capture still image for photometrie sofware. I can tell you that it is comming.

i am like you someone that bought the inspire under a false impression that those feature would be available in begening of this year at the latest but the waiting is almost over....
2015-8-27
Use props
kalber
lvl.1

United States

See my post for the Phantom 3 Pro and successfully implementing waypoints on the demo App, with the beta firmware for developers and the demo App for the Android: http://forum.dji.com/thread-29986-1-1.html
2015-9-5
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

I've got the inspire 1 and have a question regarding max distance when using way point mode. Can I setup a waypoint route and drive beside my Inspire 1 in my boat or car and go past the original home point boundary? I believe the DJI GO app allows only 500m from home point. If a dynamic home point is set could I drive beside my Inspire 1 and go past the 500m original home point? The flight school doc doesn't specifically say what the max distance is.

Max Distance

The maximum distance from the Aircraft Home Location at which Autopilot is allowed to operate. If the aircraft is further away than this distance, Autopilot will instruct the aircraft to assume a hover and a visual warning will be displayed on the Flight Dashboard. Any limits imposed by the aircraft firmware take precedence over this setting.
2016-4-11
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Do you know the AUTOPILOT application, developed by AutoFlight. ?                                                                                                                                                Take a look and let me know what do you think about this application :https://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot/
2016-4-11
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

I purchased the app yesterday and that's what I'm referring to.  Regarding max distance from home point.
2016-4-12
Use props
invest
New

jonathanp Posted at 2016-4-12 21:22
I purchased the app yesterday and that's what I'm referring to.  Regarding max distance from home po ...

Jonathanp,

I have the same question.  Did your Purchase of the Autoflightlogic.com software allow you to do Waypoints beyond 500m?

Please confirm if you've solved this, as it's a sever limitation for any serious AutoPilot Mission.

Thanks,
Tony
2016-5-5
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

invest Posted at 2016-5-6 00:37
Jonathanp,

I have the same question.  Did your Purchase of the Autoflightlogic.com software allow ...

Hey Tony,

Yes you can fly one continuous flight.  However you need to be within radio range at all times.  I was able to fly over 5km on one battery.
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules