Dji Mic not recognized by Osmo Action 3
4215 27 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaeckZH
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi,
I am using a Osmo Action 3 camera and I wanted to use the Dji Mic with it. I connected the Dji Mic with the USB-C mobile phone adapter to the camera which was supplied. However when I connect it to the Osmo Action 3 the DJi mic is not being recognized and no microphone symbol is being displayed. Sometimes when I try approx. 10 times re-connecting and rebooting the receiver the connection can be established. The connection does work though when I amusing a USB-C cable which was delievered with the Osmo Action 3 instead of the Dji USB-C adapter. However this is not a satisfying solution since I want to connect the receiver to the camera directly. Also I expect (a lot) better quality for such a high price equipment. At this point I am very disappointed with this device and the (non-) compatiblity to the Osmo Action 3. Please help.
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what firmware version are you currently using on your DJI Mic and your DJI Osmo Action 3? Also, you may refer to the method below on how to connect your DJI Osmo Action 3 to the DJI Mic:

Method 1: Connect the Osmo Action 3's USB-C port with the DJI Mic Mobile Phone Adapter (Type-C).
Method 2: Connect the Osmo Action 3's USB-C port and the DJI Mic Receiver's USB-C port using a third-party Type-C to Type-C PD cable (with audio transmission protocol).
Method 3: Connect the audio output port of the DJI Mic Receiver with a USB-C to 3.5mm TRS adapter cable.
Note: Due to hardware limitations, the Osmo Action 3 cannot be used with the DJI Mic via the DJI Mic Mobile Phone Adapter (Type-C) after installing the Osmo Action 3 Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame.

If the issue persists, please send us a video showing how you connect the Mic on the unit so we can check it further. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-7
Use props
MaeckZH
lvl.1
Switzerland

HI Paladin
thank you for your reply. I have tried all of these methods. But I also am not willing to buy additional devices in order to make the Dji Mic work. In my understanding it should work out of the box, especially at that price tag. Even more since both devices are DJI products. This is how I connect the mic to the camera:
1. Turn on Osmo Action 3
2. Turn on Dji Mic incl. Transmitter (Type-C mobile adapter is already attached to receiver)
3. Attach receiver to camera (closing cap from camera is removed, protective frame not installed)
4. receiver is not recognized > no mic symbol in display visible
Sometimes after re-installing and rebooting the receiver 10 - 12 times it starts working.
Do you still need a video?
Pls advise
BR Markus
2023-6-7
Use props
MaeckZH
lvl.1
Switzerland

HI Paladin
in addition: I am using the latest firmware on both devices (DJI Mic & Osmo Action 3)
BR Markus
2023-6-7
Use props
MaeckZH
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi DJ Paladin
unfortunately it is not possible to upload a video. I am sending you some pics instead.
I am also sending you the firmware information of my devices:
Osmo Action 3: 01.03.10.30
DJI MIC: 02.00.72.87
Please let me know how to proceed. I want to return either one of the devices for warranty repair or replacement.
BR Markus
2023-6-8
Use props
djiuser_jtZF3gR5fTgP
New
Flight distance : 1058593 ft
Poland

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue like MaeckZH.

Newest firmware on both Osmo Action 3 and DJI Mic device. And my DJI Mic device is recognized after many tries and never after first plug.
I also checked with PD usb-c cable and also tried with usb-c <-> jack 3,5mm - the same behaviour.

This is really annoying when I'm try to enable dji mic on osmo action 3 after few minutes with fighting with both devices. Everytime!

I'm considering sent to warranty both devices - like they are not working like it was designed - just plug and play and use.

2023-6-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I will test mine out tonight but here is a failure video  if you need a link in simply put it in

2023-6-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2023-6-24
Use props
MaeckZH
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi everybody
a brief update on my case: In the 1st place I replaced my DJI Mic. However the replacement unit was not recognized by the camera either. Surprisingly a regular mobile phone USB-C headset was recognized by the camera. Anyway, after I had tried the 2nd DJi Mic i figured the issue has to be with the camera. I returned it for warrranty repair and it was replaced with a new cameara due to a defective USB-C Port which could not be repaired. The replacement camera works fine now...good luck with your case....
PS: thanks Fishycomics for the explanation video!
2023-6-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

wow, the usb-C I wonder if  it weakened under  X-amount of inserts?  glad they resolved the issue at hand.

FISH
2023-6-26
Use props
djiuser_CCQESHMNJmd1
New
Flight distance : 219908 ft
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-26 12:09
wow, the usb-C I wonder if  it weakened under  X-amount of inserts?  glad they resolved the issue at hand.

FISH

I have the same issue with the dji mic and osmo action 3. I also have an issue with the dji mic emitting a high pitch buzz. It worked great the first couple times now all I hear is high squeals from the mic. I have a YouTube channel and sound is Important because I do motovlogs. I can't find any information to help and am about to do a video about how bad this equipment is. After spending over $600 for the mic and camera, I also own a dji mini3 pro drone it sucks that all this equipment doesn't work.
2023-8-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_CCQESHMNJmd1 Posted at 8-6 12:44
I have the same issue with the dji mic and osmo action 3. I also have an issue with the dji mic emitting a high pitch buzz. It worked great the first couple times now all I hear is high squeals from the mic. I have a YouTube channel and sound is Important because I do motovlogs. I can't find any information to help and am about to do a video about how bad this equipment is. After spending over $600 for the mic and camera, I also own a dji mini3 pro drone it sucks that all this equipment doesn't work.

I understand your Frustration. if the DJI wireless mic  and  3.5mm port used they emitt a high pitch rf noise a good reasion why I    returend mine to get a Fulaim X5
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_CCQESHMNJmd1 Posted at 8-6 12:44

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we have a video to see how you set up the DJI MIC and Osmo Action3? Please transfer one audio file to us for further analysis.
2023-8-7
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

usbc to usbc  & usbc to trs all ok
also the trs to trs cable
IMG_20230807_152450.jpg
IMG_20230807_153133.jpg
IMG_20230807_154046.jpg
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_unRGR4FGZXnJ
New

United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-24 15:40
https://youtu.be/GhRATejgaDE
@Fishycomics
Thanks man!!! I’m trying to figure this out for two days. Your post should be pushed to the top when searching for this.
2023-8-23
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 8-7 03:07
I understand your Frustration. if the DJI wireless mic  and  3.5mm port used they emitt a high pitch rf noise a good reasion why I    returend mine to get a Fulaim X5

no,use the
SmallRig Wave L 1 and all is ok
2023-8-26
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 6-24 15:40
https://youtu.be/GhRATejgaDE
@Fishycomics
the dji microphone does not break when you disconnect it from the camera

https://youtube.com/shorts/nm-aGeEsJdQ?si=Q7Ocz1i108egmAg7
2023-8-26
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

the Røde Lav go mic is not useable with dji mic

use the Shure MVL
2023-8-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

another concern is  they need a longer neck to attach the usb c to  the Frame
2023-8-27
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

flat usbc-usbc cable
you can use any cage
IMG_20230828_093339.jpg
2023-8-28
Use props
Carlman3000
New

United States

I am having the same exact issue with my DJI Action 3. It's brand new, and does this. I have to plug it in like 10 times before it finally recognized the dji mic. How do i get help with this?
2023-9-8
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

Carlman3000 Posted at 9-8 08:25
I am having the same exact issue with my DJI Action 3. It's brand new, and does this. I have to plug it in like 10 times before it finally recognized the dji mic. How do i get help with this?
Is the plug really plugged into the receiver all the way to the end, which is a bit difficult at first.

check your ports wth a usbc to usbc cable
2023-9-10
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

This also holds up on cobblestones

IMG_20230911_105410.jpg
IMG_20230911_105428.jpg
2023-9-11
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 8-27 03:07
another concern is  they need a longer neck to attach the usb c to  the Frame

You don't even need to remove the door with the usbc
cable
IMG_20230911_125738.jpg
2023-9-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

lutzmix Posted at 9-11 03:02
You don't even need to remove the door with the usbc
cable

is the frame on the dji to try that?
2023-9-11
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

best is a usbc to trs  and the ulanzi cold shoe
less battery drain in the camera
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_knrWMFs3dBBg
New
United Kingdom

I have tried multiple different cable types to connect my electronic drum kit and external micsdirectly to my action 3 without any success. It is not been recognised by the camera. Can someone assist?
2023-12-3
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

please show your drum kit cable
.please show how the drum kit is connected to the microphone
2023-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules