A question for DJI, how close to the CSC position do the sticks.....
545 6 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How close to the 'theoretical' CSC position do the sticks to have be for the control system to consider the stick positions to be an attempted CSC? Let me explain the question a bit.

Depending on how the flightlog is decoded the stick positions are, in the output csv, given values between
a) +10,000 and -10,000 with 0 being stick centred ( TXTlogToCSVtool's csv )
or
b) 1,684 and 364 with 1,024 being stick centred. ( Phantomhelp's csv ).

I am asking, pehaps percentage-wise, how close to those limits do the sticks have to be for the system to think the pilot is attempting a CSC?

I use the CSC to start the motors and normally just go to full "down and in " with no messing about.
For my Mini 2, using Phantomhelp's csv, the csv shows the full travel/movement CSC to have values of 364 for the Aileron, Elevator & Throttle and 1684 for the Rudder. For a "down and out" CSC I think the Aileron and Rudder value would be swapped.
I am just wondering if the CSC can be triggered with one or more of the stick not all the way to full travel and if so what the threshold is?

I realise I can sort of test this myself but it would be rather difficult to hold the throttle at, for example 337, whilst trying to move the rudder to either 364 or 1684 etc. etc..

OR has someone already performed the experiment and found a threshold?
Having just written that I may have come up with a way of testing it ... watch this space but don't hold your breath lol.

Though I would still prefer DJI figures.

2023-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Setting the full travle position for three of the elements I gradually change the fourth.
From the DAT of a Mavic Mini and using CsvView to read the DAT, +10,000 to -10,000 I get
Moving the elevator towards full reverse I got motor start at -100%

Moving the throttle towards  fully closed I got motor start at late -90.15%, the steps in throttle value where a bit coarse and the "late" bit makes me think the actual percentage was closer to -100%.
2nd attempt moving the throttle towards  fully closed I got motor start at early -94.09%.
3rd attempt moving the throttle towards  fully closed I got motor start at mid -98.48%.

Moving the aileron towards full +ve I got motor start at late 92.73%, the steps in aileron value where a bit coarse and the "late" bit makes me think the actual percentage was closer to +100%.
Moving the aileron towards full -ve I got motor start at late 99.93%, the steps in aileron value where a bit coarse and the "late" bit makes me think the actual percentage was closer to -100%.

Moving the rudder I got motor start at ±100% but again the steps where rather coarse.

I will have a look at the .txt. flight logs but information from  DJI would be preferred.

2023-6-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I can understand your question, but for the life of my children, I can't see where you are going with this type of info... Are you trying to improve something? Are your joysticks not retaining calibration?
2023-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amongst 4,000 flight logs I am looking for two accidental mid-air motor-stopping CSC's  and, just for the heck of it, near CSCs.  The trigger-thresholds would be useful other wise I just have to pick arbitrary values etc..
Actually it is three accidental mid-air motor-stopping CSC's but one was mine, the problem being I triggered it before I intended to, no damage done. The other two cost the pilots their drones.

2023-6-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-7 15:25
Amongst 4,000 flight logs I am looking for two accidental mid-air motor-stopping CSC's  and, just for the heck of it, near CSCs.  The trigger-thresholds would be useful other wise I just have to pick arbitrary values etc..
Actually it is three accidental mid-air motor-stopping CSC's but one was mine, the problem being I triggered it before I intended to, no damage done. The other two cost the pilots their drones.

So, you believe that maybe the EOT of the joystick is moving while the radio is on. With carbon potentiometers, there is always the chance that, as the track wears out does start to give the radio false readings, but it is very rare for it to happen towards the EOT of the joysticks. Normally it happen where the joystick spend the majority of its time toward the centre...

With the RC Pro this should not be an option because of the hall sensors used instead of the conventional pots...

But I can now see where you are heading... If the owner did a bad joystick calibration on the RC for example, by not going to the full travel of the joysticks, that would give you a narrow range of travel and it could trigger the CSC before the joystick reach the EOT....

In most expensive radio you can actually pick the percentage that you want, to trigger a particular function at either end of travel. You can also set the end of travel anywhere you want, by the DJI radio does not offer those functions...

2023-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"you believe that maybe the EOT of the joystick is moving while the radio is on" .... no.....  but I do suspect that there are threshold values somewhere near EOT above or beyond which the control system 'thinks' this may be part of a CSC.
Put all 'four sticks/commands' above or beyond those values and you have yourself a CSC.
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Sean. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this inquiry of yours to our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules