890 3 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I just came home from a 1 month trip in Italy and a very weird thing is happening. The video and stills times do not match. Even if they are consecutive in filename and it is the same tituation the exif metadata give a 2 hours apart from the video and still images. This is beyond weird. Why is this happening. Has the Mavic 2 internal clock settings one for video and one for stills and somehow they can become not synch togetehr and give this weird result?

Has someone faced the same problem in the past?

Cristian
2023-6-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Italy is UTC+2. In the EXIF the UTC area is specified. Depending on the setting of the reader you use, it can read in local time or in UTC, which explains the 2 hours. If you look on Windows by right clicking on the file, properties, details, you should have the same time for two consecutive files. Video or photo doesn't matter. At least on mine it works that way.

2.JPG 1.JPG
2023-6-7
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Thank you you are right. I can see in Photo Mechanic in Exif data the +2 but when i browse with Photo Mechanic or Windows I get the two different times separated by 2 hours. It is weird that the images have the original time with +2 and the video has the time with the +2 already included. So I can see this 2 different times. Really confusing and weird. I can classify easy thanks that they have consecutive filenames but it should be one way for all or the other way but videos with one format and photos with another one is really awkward.

In any case thanks for your help and explanation
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cristian. Thank you for reaching out. Our aircraft do not have a clock settings function, all files recording time will follow mobile device time (need to connect with APP for flight). Regarding the videos and still images that do not match, can you please elaborate on that? The aircraft does not have a PIV (photo in video) function, which means the video and photo time cannot be the same.
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules