Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77733 ft
United Kingdom

Could you please advise-

Osmo action 3 latest firmware

Google pixel 7 pro, latest updates android 13 and all security updates applied and latest DJI Mimo app, app won't connect to camera, shows device, click on connect, it swirls around for a few seconds and then the connect option is available again.

I have borrowed a friend's iPad and it connects fine, so I know the firmware is ok and up to date.

Please can you advise when the app will enable me to use a modern phone and not just legacy out of support Google pixels such as the 4?

Thankyou.
2023-6-7
Use props
AZ_DesertRat
lvl.2
United States

I have zero issues with a Pixel 7 (not the pro) and my Osmo Action 3.   My suggestion would be delete DJI Mimo app, reboot phone, then reinstall DJI Mimo app.
2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AZ_DesertRat Posted at 6-7 09:57
I have zero issues with a Pixel 7 (not the pro) and my Osmo Action 3.   My suggestion would be delete DJI Mimo app, reboot phone, then reinstall DJI Mimo app.

Already uninstalled, restarted, reset wireless connection on camera, reinstalled, reset WiFi and many combinations of the above. Still no joy but works fine with iPad so I know the camera is ok and I managed to update the firmware n

Still none the wiser but stuck in a situation!
2023-6-7
Use props
Fr4p4d1ngu3
lvl.3
France

I also have a Google Pixel Pro 7.
No issue at all with DJi Mimo App. Everything is working fine.
So it might be an issue due to something you have on your phone that interfere.
2023-6-7
Use props
Fr4p4d1ngu3
lvl.3
France

Any other device connected to bluetooth ?
2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fr4p4d1ngu3 Posted at 6-7 13:50
Any other device connected to bluetooth ?

Nothing else connected, might boot into safe mode and see what happens. Are you on latest updates?
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please follow the steps below and see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted after the test. Thank you.

1. Set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.
2. If the issue persists, switch it to a static IP to reconnect and retry.
3. Switch to DHCP (dynamic) and then input the IP. Reconnect to it.

2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-7 18:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please follow the steps below and see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted after the test. Thank you.

1. Set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.

Hi, if I change the IP addresses like you suggest it wont connect at all.
2023-6-7
Use props
Fr4p4d1ngu3
lvl.3
France

djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W Posted at 6-7 14:04
Nothing else connected, might boot into safe mode and see what happens. Are you on latest updates?

Yes, smartphone, store apps, mimo, camera, all are up-to-date.
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W Posted at 6-7 22:37
Hi, if I change the IP addresses like you suggest it wont connect at all.

Thank you for your response. Did you try to reinstall the app on your mobile device already? If not yet, please do and check if the issue persists. Please let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-9 02:52
Thank you for your response. Did you try to reinstall the app on your mobile device already? If not yet, please do and check if the issue persists. Please let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi. I have reinstalled it a couple of times already, should I do it again?
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W Posted at 6-9 04:43
Hi. I have reinstalled it a couple of times already, should I do it again?

Thank you for your response. It is found that your mobile device is Google Pixel 7 Pro, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid that the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-6-11
Use props
djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 01:47
Thank you for your response. It is found that your mobile device is Google Pixel 7 Pro, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid that the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!

So I need to buy an older phone like the pixel 4 which is supported? Will be cheaper to buy a gorpo which will work with new models!

Thanks for your help so far, and understand there is nothing you can do.
2023-6-11
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps it might be an idea for DJI to publish (and update) a list of compatible (tested) phones rather than allow buyers to find out when they try to register the camera? This nonsense with the Mimo app not working is very unsettling for new customers.

I think if I was unable to register my Action 3, I’d just return it. I nearly returned mine because Mimo was very flaky on the Samsung A12. Or could DJI provide a manual way to do this where we download a simple file (after registering online) and put it onto the sd card for installation.

I really don’t understand why this doesn’t already happen with all DJI cameras. It’s way better than waiting for some update for your new camera!
2023-6-11
Use props
Fr4p4d1ngu3
lvl.3
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 01:47

It is not as simple as checking if Mimo is compatible with this smartphone.
I have THIS smartphone, and everything is working fine.
So the smartphone IS compatible.

So it must be a custom configuration, a conflict app, etc...
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_fMI4Xvb2j64W Posted at 6-11 01:52
So I need to buy an older phone like the pixel 4 which is supported? Will be cheaper to buy a gorpo which will work with new models!

Thanks for your help so far, and understand there is nothing you can do.

You are most welcome and we appreciate your understanding on this matter. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fr4p4d1ngu3 Posted at 6-11 05:08
It is not as simple as checking if Mimo is compatible with this smartphone.
I have THIS smartphone, and everything is working fine.
So the smartphone IS compatible.

Thank you for your response. We understand that this mobile device works on your end. However, we haven't yet to finalized the optimization of the said mobile device to the DJI Mimo app therefore, we cannot guarantee the stability of this mobile device on the app. We will surely coordinate this issue with our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-12
Use props
ewdwfdwed
New

United Kingdom

Super annoyed, Brand new Action 4 not connecting to Pixel 7.  Works in Webcam mode but not for files.

Never had an issue with my old GoPro with any phone!  An utter waste of £400
2023-10-11
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

ewdwfdwed Posted at 10-11 06:33
Super annoyed, Brand new Action 4 not connecting to Pixel 7.  Works in Webcam mode but not for files.

what android version do you have? 14?
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ewdwfdwed Posted at 10-11 06:33

Hi there. We have responded to this post of yours https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=299299 please provide us with the information needed so we can help you further. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules