Doesn't pause the mission flight when microSD card is full
852 0 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Art-the-droner
lvl.1
Canada

Hey,

It's my first thread in here. I tried to find some info about it, but couldn't.

I was flying a mission on DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral (I do belive it's relevant to all Mavic 3 series) over some field, collecting the data. The mission was created in DJI Pilot2 on the RC. Quite long mission, but doable with just one battery. I had 64GB card in the drone. It had been used prior that mission. So, it didn't have full available capacity for the mission. At some point during that mission, I got a warning "Memory card is full", but the drone kept flying its mission, 'taking picrures', of course with no chance to record them. While I realized what happened, it flew some distance with giving me warnings and trying to take some pics. I paused the mission, landed the machine, replaced memory card. I put it back in the sky to continue the mission, but of course it started only from the point where I paused it. So, there is a gap in data collection.

M3-series machines can pause their missions automatically when drone has to stop due to low battery level, obstacle avoidance or entering restricted airspace (probably some other cases, but I've never experienced them). And then they continue their missions from the pause spot with no gaps in data collection.

Why it keeps flying the mission when memory card is full?

Is there any chance I can change the pause point and make it continue to fly from the spot where memory card became full?

I do understand the importance of having a fresh microSD card of good size before every flight. This situation might have happened even with 256GB card, unless you move all the data after each flight to some storage or laptop, which may take quite a bit of time.

I think, this could be very important case, because there is a chance to lose some data without any possibility to refly that portion. The whole mission has to be reflown.

Memory card is full.jpg
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules