959 21 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave8646
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152612 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I think this has been asked before about remote disconnecting with the drone.
First time it happened, and I was using the new remote controller. The drone was about 30 meters away and the screen went into black and white and locked up, the screen message was telling me the controller had lost connection with the aircraft, the camera gimble wouldn`t work, the drone came within a few meters from me, then ascended on it`s own and was never seen again.
I contacted DJI and they checked my flight data and was told not pilot eror and sent me a new one. I have DJI refresh that covers fly aways.
Fisrt time out and using the old controller as now I don`t trust the new controller, all was going well until about 15 minues into the flight, and guess what, remote lost connection with the aircraft !
Luckily though, this time I got it back, but it wouldn`t reconnect, so it was a long walk home with no more flight time.
It must be just with the DJI mini 3 pro, as I have the Mini 2, never a problem, DJI air 2S, never a problem and the DJI 2, never a problem.
I see some people mention lock ups using 48 mega pixel, is this the problem, as that`s what I have been using when this problem occurs.
I`m actually scared of flying the mini 3 pro again and having the same problems and another fly away.

Any ideas fellow owners ?

Dave
2023-6-7
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Its locks up writing data for a while only when you shoot 48mp but drone remains connected to RC during that time.

I suggest you to screen record every flight so in case of flyaway you have visual record of what was going on.
How far drone was from RC when you lost connection second time?
Can you post flight log from RC of the concerned flight that will show the possible reasons of loosing connection.

Upload here https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Then share its link here so other members can give you possible reasons of disconnection.
2023-6-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

The Mini 3 Pro is a drone on steroids. Everything has been pushed to the limit. It doesn't take much to upset it. There are countless threads of different stories and hundreds of different theories, but DJI once did reply to someone and mentioned that the owner was having too many things turned on at once... So the theory of the 48Mp, goes into that bucket... Unfortunately we have nothing in concrete. But yes, the trend seems to be to keep things on to a bare minimum and it will fly ok. The way you hold the radio is also quintessential with the DJI RC. Then you have the two different power output, based in which country you live...
That doesn't help either...
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please test the drone in different places without obstructions and signal interference? Please also screen record a video for us if the issue persists.
2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_QEh1h0BgnNxw
lvl.2
United States

Was flying today and lost connection between my m3p and rc controller. Screen showed black and white still image from the last transmission before disconnect. Luckily the smart programming kicked in and it came home, but that was a stressful few minutes. I wasn't anywhere near max transmission range, maybe 250 meters away and less than 120ft off the ground.
2023-6-7
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ranjan Posted at 6-7 16:04
Its locks up writing data for a while only when you shoot 48mp but drone remains connected to RC during that time.

I suggest you to screen record every flight so in case of flyaway you have visual record of what was going on.

Hi, it was directly above me at about 50 meters
2023-6-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave8646 Posted at 6-8 02:00
Hi, it was directly above me at about 50 meters

Where was the controller aimed?
2023-6-8
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-8 05:20
Where was the controller aimed?

Facing the drone as I was watching what I was taking photos of.
2023-6-8
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-7 17:58
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please test the drone in different places without obstructions and signal interference? Please also screen record a video for us if the issue persists.

I did use the drone in another place from the fly away and after about 15 minutes, it lost connection. Where I had the fly away is a place I have flown lots of times with all drones, but only the Mini 3 pro loses connection, with both controllers.
2023-6-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave8646 Posted at 6-8 09:23
Facing the drone as I was watching what I was taking photos of.

Let me rephrase the question, was the controller's antennae pointing at the drone? That would mean vertically upwards.
2023-6-8
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-8 09:31
Let me rephrase the question, was the controller's antennae pointing at the drone? That would mean vertically upwards.

No as I was looking at the screen before setting it to panoramic mode and then just watched it as it did it`s thing, it worked fine doing that, then as I started taking single photos, it locked up, but it did fly back to me so I could hand land it.
2023-6-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave8646 Posted at 6-8 09:34
No as I was looking at the screen before setting it to panoramic mode and then just watched it as it did it`s thing, it worked fine doing that, then as I started taking single photos, it locked up, but it did fly back to me so I could hand land it.

It may not have helped but the antennae should be pointing at the drone, as per the manual.
2023-6-8
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-8 09:53
It may not have helped but the antennae should be pointing at the drone, as per the manual.

I did the same as I`ve always done with my other drones, but never had this problem. I`ve even done fly past videos facing away as the drone flew overhead from behind me, again ,never a problem. Twice this happened and only with the mini pro 3.
2023-6-8
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_QEh1h0BgnNxw Posted at 6-7 18:22
Was flying today and lost connection between my m3p and rc controller. Screen showed black and white still image from the last transmission before disconnect. Luckily the smart programming kicked in and it came home, but that was a stressful few minutes. I wasn't anywhere near max transmission range, maybe 250 meters away and less than 120ft off the ground.

Same as mine
2023-6-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave8646 Posted at 6-8 14:52
I did the same as I`ve always done with my other drones, but never had this problem. I`ve even done fly past videos facing away as the drone flew overhead from behind me, again ,never a problem. Twice this happened and only with the mini pro 3.

Are your other drones mini 3 pros?
What drones can do varies from model to model, what works with one model need not work with another.
My Mavic Minis are susceptible to losing connection overhead especially if the controller's antennae are not correctly aimed, so there you have a drone model that 'supports' the behaviour of your mini 3 pro.

2023-6-8
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-8 15:52
Are your other drones mini 3 pros?
What drones can do varies from model to model, what works with one model need not work with another.
My Mavic Minis are susceptible to losing connection overhead especially if the controller's antennae are not correctly aimed, so there you have a drone model that 'supports' the behaviour of your mini 3 pro.

I have a DJI mini 2, never a problem, DJI Air 2S, best drone ever, never a problem, DJI Mavic 2,never a problem. Done lots of flying in all sorts of terrains and never had to point the controller at the drones, as in follow me tracking, or any other goodies they can do, so it has to be the Mini pro 3 that is the problem.
The new all singing dancing controller, I`ll not be using again and will sell on to someone, and the Mini 3 pro ?, Might not even bother with it ,or if I do, it will be very close and not really what I want it for if it can`t perform.
2023-6-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave8646 Posted at 6-8 16:30
The new all singing dancing controller, I`ll not be using again and will sell on to someone, and the Mini 3 pro ?, Might not even bother with it ,or if I do, it will be very close and not really what I want it for if it can`t perform.

Since it fails to live up to your expectations that's probably for the best.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dave8646 Posted at 6-8 09:27
I did use the drone in another place from the fly away and after about 15 minutes, it lost connection. Where I had the fly away is a place I have flown lots of times with all drones, but only the Mini 3 pro loses connection, with both controllers.

Did you screen-record the whole flight? Can we have a look?
2023-6-9
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-9 03:53
Did you screen-record the whole flight? Can we have a look?

No I didn`t do that the last time it went, and how do you screen record the flight ?
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dave8646 Posted at 6-9 07:44
No I didn`t do that the last time it went, and how do you screen record the flight ?

if you use DJI RC, you can find the Record Screen in the panel by dragging down the menu bar. If you used a phone, you can search for the screen record function and enable it when flying.
2023-6-11
Use props
Dave8646
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-11 03:42
if you use DJI RC, you can fund the Record Screen in the panel by dragging down the menu bar. If you used phone, you can search for screen record function and enable it when flying.

OK thanks, I`ll have a look
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dave8646 Posted at 6-11 06:25
OK thanks, I`ll have a look

Thanks. We will wait for your reply.
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now