Mavic 3 Enterprise - No Camera Settings?
12Next >
3574 44 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, so I just purchased a M3E to begin a transition away from my P4P Pro's only to discover that the usual camera settings are missing.  I am simply trying to put the Wide camera in Aperature Priorty mode and set the f-stop and ISO.  I can set the f-Stop, but not the ISO.  Say What?  The manual is not much help here and I have the latest firmware update.  What am I missing?  

2023-6-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is an enterprise drone for mapping and the standard photography/videography features are sparse.  I find it to be missing quite a bit really.
2023-6-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Help me understand what you're trying to accomplish. You want to lock the ISO & aperture and let the drone adjust the shutter speed automatically to control exposure? That sounds like a terrible idea if I'm being honest. Shutter speed is probably the most important thing to lock out of the three choices you have. If you want that much control over the image then just go full manual mode. You really don't need to lock your ISO in the first place, it'll stay at 100 unless you're flying in low light. In that case, you defiantly don't want it locked at 100. Then you'll end up with a blurry set of images because the shutter speed will go so long to compensate for the lack of light. You'd way rather have a noisy image because of high ISO vs a blurry image because of a long shutter.
2023-6-7
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-7 18:07
Help me understand what you're trying to accomplish. You want to lock the ISO & aperture and let the drone adjust the shutter speed automatically to control exposure? That sounds like a terrible idea if I'm being honest. Shutter speed is probably the most important thing to lock out of the three choices you have. If you want that much control over the image then just go full manual mode. You really don't need to lock your ISO in the first place, it'll stay at 100 unless you're flying in low light. In that case, you defiantly don't want it locked at 100. Then you'll end up with a blurry set of images because the shutter speed will go so long to compensate for the lack of light. You'd way rather have a noisy image because of high ISO vs a blurry image because of a long shutter.

If I am being honest here, the only "Terrible Idea" is DJI not allowing drone operators/photographers to control fundamental camera modes and settings on an advanced aircraft like the M3E.
2023-6-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Gizmo6 Posted at 6-7 21:00
If I am being honest here, the only "Terrible Idea" is DJI not allowing drone operators/photographers to control fundamental camera modes and settings on an advanced aircraft like the M3E.

Dude I totally agree with that statement. I have been super disappointed in the stripping of basic level features on the M3E. Especially video. We have a whole TWO resolutions and ONE framerate to choose from. I was simply commenting on your camera settings from a mapping perspective. Since DJI has made this drone only useful for that single task. Good luck getting anybody from DJI to even comment on the topic too. Support for this Enterprise product is basically non-existent.
2023-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-7 18:07

Help me understand what you're trying to accomplish.
He told you that he wants to enable Aperture Priority.
That's something that any experienced photographer should understand.
Perhaps you aren't the right person to be responding?

You want to lock the ISO & aperture and let the drone adjust the shutter speed automatically to control exposure?
That's what Aperture Priority is.

That sounds like a terrible idea if I'm being honest.
You definitely aren't the appropriate person to be responding.
Aperture priority is an exposure mode that's used by a huge number of photographers.
Just look at any decent camera's controls and you'd see it has Aperture  and Shutter priority options.

Shutter speed is probably the most important thing to lock out of the three choices you have.
Not necessarily.
Sometimes you might want shutter priority and others you might want aperture priority.
I think that aperture priority is more useful more of the time for most photographers.
You obviously think differently.
But since you didn't even know what aperture priority meant, you might not be correct.

If you want that much control over the image then just go full manual mode.
Why?
Using Aperture priority will give excellent results.
The advice that you must use manual exposure metering is just silly and most often given by people with a poor photographic understanding.

2023-6-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-7 21:44
Dude I totally agree with that statement. I have been super disappointed in the stripping of basic level features on the M3E. Especially video. We have a whole TWO resolutions and ONE framerate to choose from. I was simply commenting on your camera settings from a mapping perspective. Since DJI has made this drone only useful for that single task. Good luck getting anybody from DJI to even comment on the topic too. Support for this Enterprise product is basically non-existent.

It definitely feels like subpar support.  This has somehow become a take it or leave it drone.

Not the best experience.
2023-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI has really lost the plot and what drone users need and want.

Back when the ideal drone for mapping was the Phantom 4 pro, you could use the same drone for ordinary photography and mapping.
It was the perfect solution - one drone to satisfy all users.
I was disappointed when DJI made the decision to take away the ability to do mapping with their consumer drones like the Mavic 3 and force users to buy a different drone for mapping.
I didn't realise that they had also stripped away the ability to use their over-priced Enterprise Mavic 3 for photography.

This is appalling marketing by DJI.
They are either completely inept and out of touch with their users, or just greedy.
Neither is good.
2023-6-7
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-7 21:44
Dude I totally agree with that statement. I have been super disappointed in the stripping of basic level features on the M3E. Especially video. We have a whole TWO resolutions and ONE framerate to choose from. I was simply commenting on your camera settings from a mapping perspective. Since DJI has made this drone only useful for that single task. Good luck getting anybody from DJI to even comment on the topic too. Support for this Enterprise product is basically non-existent.

I appreciate your input and observations, although it may not have sounded that way.  I purchased the M3E primarily for mapping and FAA transponder compliance so I am happy about that.  I'm just disappointed that the M3E turned out to be a one trick pony.

DJI could fix these limitations with a firmware update, but I think you are right, that may be just wishful thinking.

I guess I won't be selling my P4P Pro v2's any time soon.
2023-6-8
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-7 22:06

Thank you for taking the time to parse that response to my initial post.  You are spot on about Aperture Priority and its usefulness for landscape and aerial photography.  

For me, being able to set ISO in a traditional sense, helps me compensate for slower shutter speeds caused by the use of ND filters when flying in bright light.  The trick of course, is to find the sweet spot for the particular sensor being used, so as to try and keep image noise to a minimum.  I use Aperture Priority mode almost exclusively on my P4P Pro v2, typically with a ND8 filter, and ISO 200 and f/5.6 as a baseline settings.  This generally produces a shutter speed right around 1/160 sec depending on the light.  I then use the histogram for EV compensation to control the highlights.

I was simply trying find the 'sweet spot' on my new M3E, only to find that DJI slammed the door on me, and every other photographer out there that cares about image quality.  

The only time I use Auto when flying a drone is when apps like Drone Deploy force it on me for mapping work, and that's OK, as I am not planning on uploading those images on Getty.  I very rarely, if ever use manual mode.

Maybe DJI will 'See the Light' and produce a firmware update to fix this glaring limitation on an otherwise brilliant 20MP camera.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Fly Safe.
2023-6-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 6-7 22:06

You're looking and giving suggestions from a photographers perspective, which this drone isn't meant for. There is Aperture Priority mode but locking in an ISO value isn't part of it. I'll assume you understand how the exposure triangle works. I'll also assume you have no experience with the Mavic 3 Enterprise, so maybe you shouldn't jump in a conversation yelling out advice with something you have never even used.
Yes it is unbelievable what DJI has done to their own product. Improving it in many ways but quietly limiting it's potential in other areas.

2023-6-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DJI publishes a "Known Issues List" with most firmwares, the lastest looking like this..

Screenshot 2023-06-08 195950.png

I've made my own, documenting issues I've found but DJI has not acknowledged as exsisting. The list could be much longer. Please help me add to the list of some that I've missed.
DJI_Mavic_3E_3T_Known_Issue_List_EN-1.jpg
2023-6-8
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-8 16:04
You're looking and giving suggestions from a photographers perspective, which this drone isn't meant for. There is Aperture Priority mode but locking in an ISO value isn't part of it. I'll assume you understand how the exposure triangle works. I'll also assume you have no experience with the Mavic 3 Enterprise, so maybe you shouldn't jump in a conversation yelling out advice with something you have never even used.
Yes it is unbelievable what DJI has done to their own product. Improving it in many ways but quietly limiting it's potential in other areas.

Given it was may conversation to begin with, I have every right to comment.  Maybe you need to read the entire thread before you jump to conclusions.  Yes, it is a drone, and guess what? It has a camera on it.  I've been flying my Phantom 4 Pro v2's for many years now and my technique (Aperture Priority) has produced amazing results.  Maybe you should just use your iPhone in Auto or stick to mapping.
2023-6-9
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-8 17:06
DJI publishes a "Known Issues List" with most firmwares, the lastest looking like this..

Thank you.  I will download and add the issues I find with M3E.
2023-6-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Gizmo6 Posted at 6-9 10:53
Given it was may conversation to begin with, I have every right to comment.  Maybe you need to read the entire thread before you jump to conclusions.  Yes, it is a drone, and guess what? It has a camera on it.  I've been flying my Phantom 4 Pro v2's for many years now and my technique (Aperture Priority) has produced amazing results.  Maybe you should just use your iPhone in Auto or stick to mapping.

I guess you overlooked the fact that this was a reply to Labrodoodle and nobody else. He is known to play a satire type of character and nobody take this account seriously. I wasn't knocking on Aperture priority mode either. I use this mode exclusively with my Nikon D5100 doing turntable photogrammetry. In this use though it's in a studio type of environment where I have total control over the lighting and everything else. With a drone doing photogrammetry you can't control these forces. Say on a bright sunny day you have aperture locked at something high to minimize your depth of field while also having ISO locked at 100. The sun goes behind a cloud and lighting changes dramatically. The camera has no option but to slow the shutter speed to compensate. Meanwhile the M3E is chugging along at the default 33 mph and you'll end up with a bunch of blurry images that will be unusable. If the ISO was to increase instead, the image might be a tad noisy but still totally acceptable.
2023-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-9 17:38
I guess you overlooked the fact that this was a reply to Labrodoodle and nobody else. He is known to play a satire type of character and nobody take this account seriously. I wasn't knocking on Aperture priority mode either. I use this mode exclusively with my Nikon D5100 doing turntable photogrammetry. In this use though it's in a studio type of environment where I have total control over the lighting and everything else. With a drone doing photogrammetry you can't control these forces. Say on a bright sunny day you have aperture locked at something high to minimize your depth of field while also having ISO locked at 100. The sun goes behind a cloud and lighting changes dramatically. The camera has no option but to slow the shutter speed to compensate. Meanwhile the M3E is chugging along at the default 33 mph and you'll end up with a bunch of blurry images that will be unusable. If the ISO was to increase instead, the image might be a tad noisy but still totally acceptable.

I guess you overlooked the fact that this was a reply to Labrodoodle and nobody else. He is known to play a satire type of character and nobody take this account seriously.
You know nothing at all about me and have seriously mischaracterised me.
Besides more than 9 years flying DJI drones professionally, I have more than 40 yeas experience in high level photography, including teaching photography.
But you suggest that I'm just a satirical character that no-one should take seriously?
You have no idea what you are talking about and you're an idiot.

I wasn't knocking on Aperture priority mode either.
No .. you only said:
You want to lock the ISO & aperture and let the drone adjust the  shutter speed automatically to control exposure? That sounds like a  terrible idea if I'm being honest.

2023-6-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 18:11
I guess you overlooked the fact that this was a reply to Labrodoodle and nobody else. He is known to play a satire type of character and nobody take this account seriously.
You know nothing at all about me and have seriously mischaracterised me.
Besides more than 9 years flying DJI drones professionally, I have more than 40 yeas experience in high level photography, including teaching photography.

You cherry-pick partial quotes from people while leaving out important details in them. I think I explained very clearly why OP's wish in a camera mode would be less than ideal for a photogrammetry focused drone. This mode however isn't useless in other cases as I also gave first hand examples of when it could be the ideal shooting mode. I appreciate your photography resume provided and will file it in the bin with the others. The M3E is not going to please any photographer/ videographer. I had to learn this the hard way too after spending several grand on a one trick pony. I'm not happy about how DJI has screwed us over with the business model they have shifted towards either. On their official YouTube channel DJI is quoted as calling the M3E "The most versatile drone". This is a bigger stretch than their "46 minute flight time" claim. Me and you have already went down that rabbit hole with you defending DJI's obvious lie.  I can't wait to see you do the same here..
2023-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-9 19:19
You cherry-pick partial quotes from people while leaving out important details in them. I think I explained very clearly why OP's wish in a camera mode would be less than ideal for a photogrammetry focused drone. This mode however isn't useless in other cases as I also gave first hand examples of when it could be the ideal shooting mode. I appreciate your photography resume provided and will file it in the bin with the others. The M3E is not going to please any photographer/ videographer. I had to learn this the hard way too after spending several grand on a one trick pony. I'm not happy about how DJI has screwed us over with the business model they have shifted towards either. On their official YouTube channel DJI is quoted as calling the M3E "The most versatile drone". This is a bigger stretch than their "46 minute flight time" claim. Me and you have already went down that rabbit hole with you defending DJI's obvious lie.  I can't wait to see you do the same here..

This is a bigger stretch than their "46 minute flight time" claim. Me and you have already went down that rabbit hole with you defending DJI's obvious lie.
I didn't "defend DJI's obvious lie".
I attempted to point out that it wasn't a lie and explain to you why that was.
But you were impervious to fact and common sense.

I can't wait to see you do the same here.
No waiting required.
I made my thoughts on it clear in my second post in this thread.

ps .. your amended comments on aperture priority for photogrammetry are exaggerated and unconvincing.

2023-6-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 19:36
This is a bigger stretch than their "46 minute flight time" claim. Me and you have already went down that rabbit hole with you defending DJI's obvious lie.
I didn't "defend DJI's obvious lie".
I attempted to point out that it wasn't a lie and explain to you why that was.

You'll have to be more specific. I gave one example of when it's a good idea to use this mode and a different example of when it could cause problems.
2023-6-9
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-9 17:38
I guess you overlooked the fact that this was a reply to Labrodoodle and nobody else. He is known to play a satire type of character and nobody take this account seriously. I wasn't knocking on Aperture priority mode either. I use this mode exclusively with my Nikon D5100 doing turntable photogrammetry. In this use though it's in a studio type of environment where I have total control over the lighting and everything else. With a drone doing photogrammetry you can't control these forces. Say on a bright sunny day you have aperture locked at something high to minimize your depth of field while also having ISO locked at 100. The sun goes behind a cloud and lighting changes dramatically. The camera has no option but to slow the shutter speed to compensate. Meanwhile the M3E is chugging along at the default 33 mph and you'll end up with a bunch of blurry images that will be unusable. If the ISO was to increase instead, the image might be a tad noisy but still totally acceptable.

Your right, I did miss that... my bad.  I appreciate your positive input and perspective.
2023-6-10
Use props
djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1149521 ft
United States

I'm pretty disappointed about not having active track on this as well as the lack of camera settings. Seems to be like there are no filters for this camera either or any way to even attach a filter. It would also be nice if they had quick transfer instead of just the Bluetooth or pulling out the SD card. I've seen posts on here where DJI reps would chime in on posts so do they pick and choose what they respond to or is there a way to contact them directly on here? If a lot of these settings can be done with firmware updates how can we urge them to do so?
2023-6-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf Posted at 6-11 17:22
I'm pretty disappointed about not having active track on this as well as the lack of camera settings. Seems to be like there are no filters for this camera either or any way to even attach a filter. It would also be nice if they had quick transfer instead of just the Bluetooth or pulling out the SD card. I've seen posts on here where DJI reps would chime in on posts so do they pick and choose what they respond to or is there a way to contact them directly on here? If a lot of these settings can be done with firmware updates how can we urge them to do so?

Yea active track would be great. Even just a spotlight mode would be nice. The M3E can't lock onto a single thing with the camera besides a georeferenced point. I agree with Bluetooth as the only way to wirelessly transfer media really blows. Especially when DJI touts speed and efficiency as a selling point. Even with Bluetooth's snail pace, you first have to download it from the drone to the RC beforehand. You can upload to the cloud fast enough for real time mapping but if you want your images locally you have to wait ages. DJI reps on this forum are just bots that repeat the same meaningless lines over and over. They never add anything of value. Just repeated claims that they'll "forward your request to the relevant team" with nothing to ever show that it goes any further. For goodness sakes the M3E was released 257 days ago and we still don't have a way to adjust white balance. Most if not all of the issues could be fixed tomorrow via a firmware update. DJI has shown zero interest in doing so however.
2023-6-11
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf Posted at 6-11 17:22
I'm pretty disappointed about not having active track on this as well as the lack of camera settings. Seems to be like there are no filters for this camera either or any way to even attach a filter. It would also be nice if they had quick transfer instead of just the Bluetooth or pulling out the SD card. I've seen posts on here where DJI reps would chime in on posts so do they pick and choose what they respond to or is there a way to contact them directly on here? If a lot of these settings can be done with firmware updates how can we urge them to do so?

I was told by DJI that the Mavic 3 ND filter set would work on the M3E.  I was skeptical at first since there doesn't appear to be any way to attach a filter to M3E camera.  I took a leap of faith and purchased a set of NiSi ND filters for the Mavic 3.  At first I thought I had made a mistake, but discovered that the UV filter that comes from the factory can be removed.  You do this by gently holding the M3E camera, and then turning the front UV filter slightly to the left.  The UV filter came off and I was able to attach my NiSi ND8 without any issue.

I can't speak for the DSI M3 Filter set.  I decided to try the NiSi set because the filters are made from glass and the set comes with the NiSi polarizer.  I mostly use ND filters on my drones, but have had great success with the NiSi polarizer on my Nikon Z7ii S lenses so I am expecting the same with my M3E.

Film at 11.
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf
lvl.2
United States

So I contacted dji about some of these shortcomings and I will post the response I got.
2023-6-13
Use props
djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf
lvl.2
United States

JiaRong (DJI Support)

Jun 13, 2023, 11:01 GMT+8

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are grateful to assist you with your concern. I`m Leslie.

For the first problem, The shutter speed, ISO, and white balance can be adjusted in M mode.Mavic 3 enterprise really does not have the smart tracking feature, if you have suggestions on this, I will feedback to the R&D engineers. However, we can not guarantee that this feature will be added in the future, because this is the function of the consumer Mavic 3.

The quick transfer you mentioned is a very good suggestion, and I will likewise feed this back to the R&D engineers. Until we update, you have some alternatives. You can install some APPs on your remote control that use wifi to transfer files.

Thank you very much for choosing DJI products, and thank you again for your valuable suggestions to us.

Take Care and Stay Safe! Have a nice day!
Best Regards
Leslie
DJI Technical Support
2023-6-13
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf Posted at 6-13 06:07
JiaRong (DJI Support)

Jun 13, 2023, 11:01 GMT+8

Thank you for posting DJI's response.  Their response was disappointing, but not surprising.  I will contact them separately regarding the camera setting limitations and post the response I get.
2023-6-13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Wow talk about being clueless about your own products. The Mavic 3 Enterprise does not have any way to adjust white balance and they are well aware of this. This is a single email from a long chain I had with DJI a month ago.
Screenshot 2023-06-13 144455.png

When talking about the subject of tracking "we can not guarantee that this feature will be added in the future, because this is the function of the consumer Mavic 3"
As if the consumer Mavic's is a valid reason for keeping it from the Enterprise. The M30, M300 and M350 can all do it, so this excuse is completly irrelevant.

"The quick transfer you mentioned is a very good suggestion"
It is also one that has been asked for countless times with no indication that they care to add this. It's disgraceful that their only suggestion is to install a third party app to make up for their lack of development.

Again, someone tell me where it is to adjust white balance here.
Screenshot 2023-06-13 162300.png
2023-6-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

You guys do realize this is a WORK drone, not a cinematographic platform? It's not designed to make beautiful photos and videos, it IS designed for inspections, mapping, SAR - things of that nature.
2023-6-13
Use props
djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf
lvl.2
United States

I don't think anyone here purchased this drone for cinematography. You would just think there would be more camera settings and options when you spend this much money on a drone. The Mini 3 Pro at $900 has all of the features people are asking for on the enterprise. It's nothing outrageous, it's basic stuff you would expect to have on a DJI drone. Especially on one that cost five times more than the Mini 3 Pro. As far as active track how couldn't that be useful for search and rescue or law enforcement? And again the Mini 3 Pro has active track.
2023-6-13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-13 14:02
You guys do realize this is a WORK drone, not a cinematographic platform? It's not designed to make beautiful photos and videos, it IS designed for inspections, mapping, SAR - things of that nature.

Having white balance control isn't cinematic guy. With photogrammetry cameras you want consistency across all photos on every setting. Leaving something like this up to the camera to decide is leading to terrible results. If what you say is true, that it's not designed to take beautiful photos, then why does it have Smart Photo mode? This serves no purpose for inspections or mapping. The Inspire 3 has RTK for cinematic uses. One being highly accurate and repeatable camera movements. Yet we can't even shoot video in 24 or 60 fps. You don't think 5.4k video would be useful either? Because the M3E sensor is capable of such. Your comment above is pretty ridiculous and very ill information. You still have a chance to make up for it.. now please redeem yourself in a timely manner.
2023-6-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-13 15:39
Having white balance control isn't cinematic guy. With photogrammetry cameras you want consistency across all photos on every setting. Leaving something like this up to the camera to decide is leading to terrible results. If what you say is true, that it's not designed to take beautiful photos, then why does it have Smart Photo mode? This serves no purpose for inspections or mapping. The Inspire 3 has RTK for cinematic uses. One being highly accurate and repeatable camera movements. Yet we can't even shoot video in 24 or 60 fps. You don't think 5.4k video would be useful either? Because the M3E sensor is capable of such. Your comment above is pretty ridiculous and very ill information. You still have a chance to make up for it.. now please redeem yourself in a timely manner.

Troll. I said NOTHING about white balance!!! As many times as you have posted on this thread, you sure don't read any of them. Especially your own!
2023-6-13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-13 15:57
Troll. I said NOTHING about white balance!!! As many times as you have posted on this thread, you sure don't read any of them. Especially your own!

Really? I just listed a half dozen reasons why you're wrong and all you can say back is "yea but I didn't say white balance!!!" I think it's pretty clear who the troll is. The overuse of exclamation points and inexperience with the subject at hand is a dead give away.
2023-6-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-13 17:18
Really? I just listed a half dozen reasons why you're wrong and all you can say back is "yea but I didn't say white balance!!!" I think it's pretty clear who the troll is. The overuse of exclamation points and inexperience with the subject at hand is a dead give away.

Yeah, really. A quote from YOUR post #13 - "You're looking and giving suggestions from a photographers perspective, which this drone isn't meant for."
2023-6-13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-13 17:51
Yeah, really. A quote from YOUR post #13 - "You're looking and giving suggestions from a photographers perspective, which this drone isn't meant for."

And..? My quote there is still an accurate statement. That doesn't mean I agree or am happy about it though. This whole thread's main question was about aperture priority mode with ISO control as well. Obviously OP wants to lock ISO at 100. The M3E won't go above 100 ISO unless you take away most of the available lighting anyways. So OP's wish is already implemented.

Now back to you.. Here's your quote - It's not designed to make beautiful photos and videos, it IS designed for inspections, mapping, SAR - things of that nature.Lets expand on this, here's a reason for just some of the missing features that would still pertain to what you named.

• White balance - Mapping needs control or atleast be able to lock in a value. When it changes halfway through a mapping mission the ortho (which is the main deliverable) is rendered completely unaceptable as the photo above proves.
  • Frame Rates - Videogrammetry is a normal use case for a "work drone" as you like to call it. 60 fps would mean twice as many frames to work with. Also, jobsite videos taken with the M3E won't fit right on the standard 24 fps timeline. If you want to follow the proper 180 degree shutter rule, doubling your frame rate to 60 could be useful.
  • Video resolution - Do I need to explain the benifits of higher than 4k videos?
  • Smart Tracking - SAR, border patrol, law enforcement, inspections and many others would benefit from this feature. Thats why there's many different post on these forums asking why this is still missing.
  • Quick Transfer - Jobs. Have. Deadlines. Strict ones at that. The faster data is off the drone and being processed, the faster the user gets a return on their investment.
  • Master Shots - This one isn't as important, but after a small company spends 5-10k on a new UAS for the first time they are rightfully skeptical. A smoothly edited compilation of a jobsite before the pilot even leaves will make them sleep better at night.

2023-6-13
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-13 14:02

I started this thread and can see that you are missing the point.  I acquired the M3E for the advanced mapping/inspection capabilities and for Part 89 RID compliance.  As a small business owner-operator, I use my fleet of Phantom 4 Pro v2 aircraft to support the mapping and imaging requirements of my customer base.  I made a business decision to transition my P4P fleet to the more advanced M3E, only to discover that I have taken one step forward, and two steps back.  DJI’s marketing decisions notwithstanding, the lack, or absence of certain camera settings on the M3E is a surprising limitation given the price point of the aircraft, and its otherwise brilliant 20MP camera sensor.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf
lvl.2
United States

I don't get it does this mobile home dude work for dji or something lol he's defending it like he was on the design team for this drone lol. Look I am very new to drones. I bought a $300 drone off of Amazon about a month ago, it was a holy Stone something. After 2 days I needed something much better so I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro. That thing was incredible compared to that piece of junk I bought off Amazon. Then I found out that there was drones with thermal capabilities so of course I had to get one haha. Anyways reason why I'm saying this is I have barely any experience with drones but it is obvious even to me that the features on the M3e are lacking big time. It really doesn't make any damn sense to me why they are withholding basic features. I could see if people were on here demanding features that the m30 and matrice have but all of the features people are wanting come on the mini 3 Pro which is a much lower end drone. I just can't wrap my head around this.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can get dji's attention? Maybe if we all contacted customer service every single day. Are there other forums with many more Enterprise users that are complaining about the same things? Anybody on here do reviews on YouTube or know any YouTubers that could make a review mentioning these shortfalls?
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf
lvl.2
United States

So I found this on mavic pilot's forum. A guy started a petition on change.org. Not many signatures on it but at least it's something.

https://chng.it/GgRVM5ZnYy
2023-6-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ntKD7BoTvMYf Posted at 6-14 13:32
So I found this on mavic pilot's forum. A guy started a petition on change.org. Not many signatures on it but at least it's something.

https://chng.it/GgRVM5ZnYy

I remember seeing and signing that petition months ago but had forgotten about it. As far as getting DJI's attention I'm not sure. Admins here are pretty clueless on their own drones. For their Enterprise products is 10x worse. They are well known for not even commenting on Enterprise post here. Take my post for example Mavic 3 Enterprise Limited Features I posted it 6 months ago as of today. 4500+ views, 67 comments and not a single one of those from anyone with DJI. They simply don't care about the M3E. Their biggest money maker is the consumer line of drones and M3E owners being upset is the last thing on their minds.
2023-6-14
Use props
True View
New
Australia

This is an interesting conversation people (if not a little enthusiastic). There is one group I think DJI are missing here. Those of us who use the Mavic 4 Pro (and have done for many years) as an ‘all-rounder’. The greatest strength of the Pro 4 is its versatility. We have a mechanical shutter, solid operating system, 4K 60fps video, full control of aperture/shutter/ISO, POI, spherical panoramas, etc. I offer clients a product that includes; 3D mapping, photos and most importantly, 4K 60fps video of their sites.

I am well and truly ready to buy a new, more compact drone that has a mechanical shutter. Unfortunately for me, the 3E is lacking in too many areas. It is frustrating that a drone (Mavic 3E) that costs twice that of the Pro 4 and is 5 years newer, is less capable in many areas.

I understand that if you are just doing mapping and inspection work, this is a great tool. For those of us who need mapping and more options in the video and photography settings, we would need to buy two drones to cover this space or stick with the old Phantom 4 Pro.

Come on DJI!! I am waiting in the wings with money to spend. This would be the perfect upgrade if you simply allowed it to do what the other Mavic 3s already can!!
2023-7-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules