Corrupt File (Repairing Video Files)
570 6 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldenzrule
lvl.1

United States

I have a file that is corrupt after videoing on my Phantom 3 standard.  I did stop the video before I turned the drone off, and I have made it a habit of keeping the drone on for a bit after I stop recording.   I put the card back in the drone and turned it on, with a full battery, along with connecting to the controller and opening the app.  The app will not let me try to start a new video and is just stuck on saying "Reparing Video Files".  It never stops and does not repair the file.  I tried to copy the corrupt file to my computer and it will not even copy over, either via copy/paste, or drag and drop.  I tried on both a Macbook and a Windows 10 PC.  I tied a couple programs I read about via Google search (directly off the SD card), and nothing fixes it.  Is it just lost and I have to erase the file or format the card and start over?  
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, we don't have the option to restore or repair corrupted files. In addition, kindly please back up all the useful files on the said SD card and please reformat it to FAT32(Default) and have a test flight to see if the issue persists. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-6-7
Use props
Goldenzrule
lvl.1

United States

While I've been looking to upgrade, I think I am going to take a look at other brands.  The constant corrupt file issues have gotten old.  This time, nothing fixes it.  In the past, popping it back in the drone and powering it on for a bit would fix it, EVEN THOUGH I always stop recording and keep the drone on for a bit when I am done.  Having lost this footage, I think may be the final straw...
2023-6-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Can you describe the SD card?
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Goldenzrule Posted at 6-8 10:12
While I've been looking to upgrade, I think I am going to take a look at other brands.  The constant corrupt file issues have gotten old.  This time, nothing fixes it.  In the past, popping it back in the drone and powering it on for a bit would fix it, EVEN THOUGH I always stop recording and keep the drone on for a bit when I am done.  Having lost this footage, I think may be the final straw...

We totally understand and respect your decision. Please note that the corrupted files are not always caused by the aircraft, you may also consider the SD card that you are using, please make sure that you are using a quality recommended SD card to avoid any issues. Also, As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-6-19
Use props
Goldenzrule
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 05:01
We totally understand and respect your decision. Please note that the corrupted files are not always caused by the aircraft, you may also consider the SD card that you are using, please make sure that you are using a quality recommended SD card to avoid any issues. Also, As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

I have used all class 10 SD cards from various brands, most notably Sandisk.  I have had files that were corrupt on multiple cards.  I have had instances where the file was unreadable despite having finished the flight, finished the recording, and let the drone sit for a few minutes before turning it off as I made that a normal practice.  Sometimes they would fix when reinserting card and again turning it on for a bit.  Either way, based on your last statement, I will not be purchasing DJI moving forward.  There are too many alternatives now to support the brand when I have had continual issues and support ceases.
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Goldenzrule Posted at 6-21 03:41
I have used all class 10 SD cards from various brands, most notably Sandisk.  I have had files that were corrupt on multiple cards.  I have had instances where the file was unreadable despite having finished the flight, finished the recording, and let the drone sit for a few minutes before turning it off as I made that a normal practice.  Sometimes they would fix when reinserting card and again turning it on for a bit.  Either way, based on your last statement, I will not be purchasing DJI moving forward.  There are too many alternatives now to support the brand when I have had continual issues and support ceases.

My apologies for the trouble and we totally understand your decision, Goldenzrule. Should you have further inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules