Manual Control in Unlocked Geo-Zones
1224 15 2023-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107579 ft
Malta

Months are passing and we are still waiting for a firmware update to give us manual control in unlocked geo-zones. I need to stress out the point that if we get approval from local authorities to fly in NFZ areas, DJI has no authority to impede us from doing so. We urge you to immediately rectify the situation wothout further delays.

There are no obligations from the authorities imposed on DJI to limit the flights in NFZ. We are the ultimate resposible people for the use of drones in NFZ or in any other location. We should never be at the mercy of DJI to fly in manual mode after we get approvals from the authorities.

If not too many people speak up, DJI will walk over us as constumers and ultimatley they will loose as we will look for other solutions.

I do hope this issue is resolved without further delays.

Thanks

Simon
2023-6-8
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

I live is a small island and I follow all regulations, so this frustrates me a lot.
2023-6-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

With you 100%!
2023-6-8
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

Today I wanted to shoot an in and NFZ area, ended up using my GEPRC CineLog 20.
2023-6-8
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

With you 100%!
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused. For safety reasons, the aircraft cannot use the "M" Mode in the following situations:

1. Flying in a restricted area, the M mode cannot be triggered even after applying for unlock GEO Zone;
2. When the altitude of the aircraft exceeds 120 meters, the M mode cannot be triggered;

We will record this feedback of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-8 18:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused. For safety reasons, the aircraft cannot use the "M" Mode in the following situations:

1. Flying in a restricted area, the M mode cannot be triggered even after applying for unlock GEO Zone;

Can you please elaborate on the "safety reasons"?
Why should the M mode be any less secure?
2023-6-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

simac_fpv Posted at 6-8 10:47
Today I wanted to shoot an in and NFZ area, ended up using my GEPRC CineLog 20.

Way to go.
I had trouble with an Avata that couldn't get satellites in a ravine so it hit their height limit and then sort of went crazy. I posted a video of that recently.
The Cinelog 25 HD had no problem whatsoever.
2023-6-8
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

See this is your major problem! This sis what you cannot clearly understand!

What SAFETY REASON? It's not up to you to decide what is safe and what is not. IF I can fly in an NFZ or not. It is the local authorities that decide this, and if they authorise that flight you cannot impose restrictions on us. PERIOD.

Even though the limit is also in the hands of the authorities, it does not effect us that much as we hardly ever require to go beyond that limit.

You have to address this without delays as it is the most frustrating thing to have. LIMITS CAN ONLY BE IMPOSED BY AUTHORITIES NOT BY A MANUFACTURING COMPANY unless you consider your customers as children and have no respect towards them

2023-6-8
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

Although I still emphasise that it not your competence to impose flight restriction, the least you can do is to unlock completely the area with the local authorities authorisation letter attached with the licence and insurance documents.
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Depp Posted at 6-8 21:38
Can you please elaborate on the "safety reasons"?
Why should the M mode be any less secure?

Hello, Deep. Thank you for your response. We will clarify this to our designated team to have accurate information. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

simac_fpv Posted at 6-8 22:02
See this is your major problem! This sis what you cannot clearly understand!

What SAFETY REASON? It's not up to you to decide what is safe and what is not. IF I can fly in an NFZ or not. It is the local authorities that decide this, and if they authorise that flight you cannot impose restrictions on us. PERIOD.

We appreciate your response. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. What we can do here is to gather this feedback of yours and coordinate it with our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-10
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 01:59
We appreciate your response. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. What we can do here is to gather this feedback of yours and coordinate it with our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Weeks are passing by and we still are in the dark as to why the Manual mode is not available when unlocking NFZ with local authorities' approvals. I was shooting fireworks at a wedding in a 60m height area and guess what... the avata braked at 45m!! Thank you for ruining my scene. May i remind you, I bought an FPV for the freedom of manual control.

I am not sure if i remember correctly but I read somewhere that the reason was because of speed. If the unavailability of Manual Mode in NFZ is due to speed then these options should be seriously considered and implemented.

1. Reduce the speed in NFZ to match Sport Mode. Using it for cinematic purposes, 50-60km/h should be enough.

2. Just as the Avata brakes in all modes, this feature could also be implemented when approaching the perimeter of Unlocked areas. Braking at 20/30m before the zone ends should be more than enough.

There is no real excuse to open the manual mode in Unlocked No Fly Zones. The manufacturer is NOT bound by any request to lock the drones.

Waiting for the fix.
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

simac_fpv Posted at 7-27 22:00
Weeks are passing by and we still are in the dark as to why the Manual mode is not available when unlocking NFZ with local authorities' approvals. I was shooting fireworks at a wedding in a 60m height area and guess what... the avata braked at 45m!! Thank you for ruining my scene. May i remind you, I bought an FPV for the freedom of manual control.

I am not sure if i remember correctly but I read somewhere that the reason was because of speed. If the unavailability of Manual Mode in NFZ is due to speed then these options should be seriously considered and implemented.

We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-7-30
Use props
djiuser_rjujnlXr9xmw
New

United States

Hold up!!  So I just brought an FPV and Avata drone, are you saying in any GEO zone I can not fly in manual mode ? Pretty much all of England is GEO
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_rjujnlXr9xmw Posted at 8-10 17:00
Hold up!!  So I just brought an FPV and Avata drone, are you saying in any GEO zone I can not fly in manual mode ? Pretty much all of England is GEO

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Yes, the M mode cannot be triggered when the aircraft is inside the GEO zone or the altitude of the aircraft exceeds 120m. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules