Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RC controller joysticks config
2001 12 2023-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KBear
lvl.2
United States

Hi DJI pilots,

I want to change the joystick config on my DJI RC controller. I want to swap the Asend and Desend directions of that stick. I want to pull back on the stick and have the drone Asend and push down on the stick to desend. This is how an aircraft works. Pull back on the yoke and the aircraft asends push forward on the yoke and the aircraft desends. This joystick is exactly the opposite. I've gone into the changing the joystick settings but even if I try Manually it will not let me swap that position. Any work arounds that you guys can teach me in order to swap that particular joystick? Any help would be great!!!!
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When pushing the throttle stick upwards, the aircraft ascends. After settings the “pushing the left stick upward” to “Descend”, the aircraft will descend. If “pushing the right stick upward” is set to “Backward”, the aircraft will move backward, instead of forward movement.

Operating Steps:

1. Power on the remote controller
2. Go to the DJI Fly app - “Control”, “Remote Controller”, and “Control stick mode” page, and tap- “Custom”.
3. Tap “Manual” at the bottom to enter the adjustment page.
4. Drag and move it clockwise or counterclockwise to achieve a reverse direction.
Notes: When setting to the reverse direction, two pairs will be reversed instead of only one pair.

2023-6-8
Use props
KBear
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-8 18:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When pushing the throttle stick upwards, the aircraft ascends. After settings the “pushing the left stick upward” to “Descend”, the aircraft will descend. If “pushing the right stick upward” is set to “Backward”, the aircraft will move backward, instead of forward movement.

Thank you, but nah. That's not gonna work either. You do that and it changes the Turning from Right to Left and Left to Right. That I don't want to do. All I want to do is swap the Ascend and Descend directions of the joystick. To me, the Ascend and Descend directions on the RC joystick is backwards. I just wish there were a way to make the switch without changing the directions.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

KBear Posted at 6-9 12:42
Thank you, but nah. That's not gonna work either. You do that and it changes the Turning from Right to Left and Left to Right. That I don't want to do. All I want to do is swap the Ascend and Descend directions of the joystick. To me, the Ascend and Descend directions on the RC joystick is backwards. I just wish there were a way to make the switch without changing the directions.

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-6-11
Use props
KBear
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 01:55
Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!

No problem on the feedback.

When I'm flying and want to lift the drone up, I always seem to pull the stick back because that's the intuitive direction to pull the stick to rise. I've made some scarry Descents with the way the stick is oriented now. Yes, I know it's all about training your mind.

2023-6-11
Use props
KBear
lvl.2
United States

Think about the Motion Controller 2. Pull back on the Motion 2 and you raise the gimble up push the Motion 2 forward, or down, and the gimble points down.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

KBear Posted at 6-11 18:25
No problem on the feedback.

When I'm flying and want to lift the drone up, I always seem to pull the stick back because that's the intuitive direction to pull the stick to rise. I've made some scarry Descents with the way the stick is oriented now. Yes, I know it's all about training your mind.

Thank you for your response. We will surely take note of this. We appreciate your understanding. Have a good one.
2023-6-12
Use props
Paul_Schaer
New
Flight distance : 567451 ft
Switzerland

I've just install new version of sorfware on my RC and on my mini 3 pro. Problem is not resolved. Hope next version !!
2-2 06:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paul_Schaer Posted at 2-2 06:21
I've just install new version of sorfware on my RC and on my mini 3 pro. Problem is not resolved. Hope next version !!

Sorry about the trouble. It is not yet available in the last firmware. Your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant team. Thank you for your patience.
2-3 00:10
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-6-12 01:07
Thank you for your response. We will surely take note of this. We appreciate your understanding. Have a good one.

This request is to accomodate those who use the left control like you would use an airplane’s joystick or side stick. Others are happy with the way it is as they use it like a throttle lever. So would be appreciated to have this customization in the controls settings. The Custom settings changes the pitch control but reverses the yaw.
2-4 11:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Psoon Posted at 2-4 11:42
This request is to accomodate those who use the left control like you would use an airplane’s joystick or side stick. Others are happy with the way it is as they use it like a throttle lever. So would be appreciated to have this customization in the controls settings. The Custom settings changes the pitch control but reverses the yaw.

Hello. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2-5 04:30
Use props
djiuser_xKw8mCFseHDw
New

United States

Invert the accent and descend sticks long time pilot and it only makes sense to pull back on stick to go up.
2-26 13:30
Use props
mtslesse
New

Canada

Another pilot here, helicopters

It would be great as intuitively pulling back in full size aircraft pitches the nose up to ascend or slow, pushing forward tips the nose down to descend or accelerate.

It would be brilliant to have the option to fly our drones the same way bigger aircraft are operated for that consistency across different platforms.  It sure can help to reduce risk, resolving in increased flight safety.

Thank you DJI team for considering this option in the custom control setting for future updates!!
2-27 17:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules