United Kingdom

2023-6-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice.  Is that three bathing huts,  or three huts - bathing?   They have their feet in the water
2023-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-8 23:18
Nice.  Is that three bathing huts,  or three huts - bathing?   They have their feet in the water

They have legs in the water.    Although Im told no one every stays in them,  but I cant independently confirm that.
2023-6-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-8 23:20
They have legs in the water.    Although Im told no one every stays in them,  but I cant independently confirm that.

You wouldn't want to be caught in one overnight in case a storm blew up at high tide. Could get washed away
2023-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-8 23:24
You wouldn't want to be caught in one overnight in case a storm blew up at high tide. Could get washed away

That would have to be one super big storm.  
2023-6-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-8 23:27
That would have to be one super big storm.

El Nino is building up again
2023-6-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting capture DA.    Are these more rental huts?
2023-6-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-8 23:32

I've always wondered why they call it  El Niño which in spanish means The Boy.  I'd think El Fuerte would have been more appropriate.  Oh well.  

El Niño is officially here, and that means things are about to get even hotter.   The news reports the Northern United States and Canada will be drier and hotter.  That's bad news for Canada, which already had an abnormally hot Spring, and is grappling with widespread wildfires from Alberta all the way to the Maritimes in the East.

The one silver lining for many U.S. residents? El Niño is not good for Atlantic hurricanes. Generally, there are fewer storms during El Niño years, because wind conditions are bad for hurricane development.
2023-6-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-9 02:22
I've always wondered why they call it  El Niño which in spanish means The Boy.  I'd think El Fuerte would have been more appropriate.  Oh well.  

El Niño is officially here, and that means things are about to get even hotter.   The news reports the Northern United States and Canada will be drier and hotter.  That's bad news for Canada, which already had an abnormally hot Spring, and is grappling with widespread wildfires from Alberta all the way to the Maritimes in the East.

We have thunderstorm warnings in place, and projected temperatures heading towards 30 degrees Celsius for the weekend.
2023-6-9
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice minimalist shot.
2023-6-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Stylish shot.
2023-6-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-9 02:45
We have thunderstorm warnings in place, and projected temperatures heading towards 30 degrees Celsius for the weekend.

That's definitely summer time temperatures.  Hope you have a great weekend.
2023-6-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-10 03:46
That's definitely summer time temperatures.  Hope you have a great weekend.

Just had a fabulous walk /climb - in a new area for me (still in Derbyshire)  over one of the hills of the Dragon's Backbone. Postings later. I've just got back and i'm exhausted.
2023-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-10 04:22
Just had a fabulous walk /climb - in a new area for me (still in Derbyshire)  over one of the hills of the Dragon's Backbone. Postings later. I've just got back and i'm exhausted.

Sounds like you found a new and exciting location for a walk/climb.  With a name like Dragon's Backbone I better it was a bit of a challenge.  I'll be on the lookout for the postings from that location.
2023-6-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 01:37
Sounds like you found a new and exciting location for a walk/climb.  With a name like Dragon's Backbone I better it was a bit of a challenge.  I'll be on the lookout for the postings from that location.

It's live now
I only had the gas for one hill - saving the others for after i've recovered
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-11 01:46
It's live now
I only had the gas for one hill - saving the others for after i've recovered

I'll head over the works section and check it out next.
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-11 01:46
It's live now
I only had the gas for one hill - saving the others for after i've recovered

Okay, checked it out.  The views from the top of that hill are magnificent.  I can see why you ran out of gas as that was quite the challenge to climb.  
2023-6-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 02:18
I'll head over the works section and check it out next.

We're going to have a ride out to the café shortly. Nothing too strenuous.
2023-6-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 02:23
Okay, checked it out.  The views from the top of that hill are magnificent.  I can see why you ran out of gas as that was quite the challenge to climb.

I think I'll do the series one at a time. It's about my limit
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-11 02:23
We're going to have a ride out to the café shortly. Nothing too strenuous.

I was going to say have a great breakfast but based on time zone difference I'd say it's lunch time.  
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-11 02:24
I think I'll do the series one at a time. It's about my limit

No sense in overdoing it.  Best to break it up like you have planned.  A friend asked me to dive with him in a fresh water lake to recover some items off a pontoon boat that sank so at least I'll be getting a dive in today.  
2023-6-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 03:01
No sense in overdoing it.  Best to break it up like you have planned.  A friend asked me to dive with him in a fresh water lake to recover some items off a pontoon boat that sank so at least I'll be getting a dive in today.

That should be good.
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-11 04:11
That should be good.

He said that the pontoon boat was fully loaded when it sank.  It had rods/reels, fishing tackle, cooler (not sure what was in it) and various other items.  The owner is from out of state and was in a hurry to get back to his job and doesn't care about retrieving any of the items so it is basically finders, keepers.  It was a rental boat so hopefully he has insurance to cover it.  
2023-6-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 04:42
He said that the pontoon boat was fully loaded when it sank.  It had rods/reels, fishing tackle, cooler (not sure what was in it) and various other items.  The owner is from out of state and was in a hurry to get back to his job and doesn't care about retrieving any of the items so it is basically finders, keepers.  It was a rental boat so hopefully he has insurance to cover it.

A veritable treasure trove.  And yes, insurance would be the prudent thing.
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-11 05:50
A veritable treasure trove.  And yes, insurance would be the prudent thing.

Turned out to be a fun dive.  We retrieved a lot of items.  One of the bags had a watch and a small ring in it.  Appears somebody took it off and put it in the bag for safekeeping.  Guess that didn't work out so well.  They must have been planning to have a picnic as the cooler was full of drinks and the basket we found was full of containers holding various types of foods.  We did find 3 rods and reels but no fishing tackle box.  

I got the registration number off the pontoon boat so I'm going to try and contact the rental agency and see if they have contact info for the person who rented the boat so I can return the watch and ring.  Ring doesn't appear to be an expensive one but the watch when new retails for over $1,000 so you'd think he would want it back.
2023-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-12 02:51
Turned out to be a fun dive.  We retrieved a lot of items.  One of the bags had a watch and a small ring in it.  Appears somebody took it off and put it in the bag for safekeeping.  Guess that didn't work out so well.  They must have been planning to have a picnic as the cooler was full of drinks and the basket we found was full of containers holding various types of foods.  We did find 3 rods and reels but no fishing tackle box.  

I got the registration number off the pontoon boat so I'm going to try and contact the rental agency and see if they have contact info for the person who rented the boat so I can return the watch and ring.  Ring doesn't appear to be an expensive one but the watch when new retails for over $1,000 so you'd think he would want it back.

I'm sure they'd be glad to get back anything you can re-unite them with.
2023-6-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, very very nice!
2023-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-8 23:32

We took a 7 mile walk along the chelmer navigation yesterday,   27c and no forecast of rain,    until we got very wet.  Funny thing was,  the last time we walked that stretch the same thing happened.  
2023-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 23:11
We took a 7 mile walk along the chelmer navigation yesterday,   27c and no forecast of rain,    until we got very wet.  Funny thing was,  the last time we walked that stretch the same thing happened.

We had a lovely day out in Tissington - and got back 5 minutes before the heavens opened.
Got a little Pocket 2 footage of mother duck and her chicks scuttling across the road from pond to stream.
2023-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-9 02:11
Interesting capture DA.    Are these more rental huts?

Thanks DT,  Yes they are for rent,    I really must look up what they cost.
2023-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 23:11

2023-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-12 12:41
Yeah, very very nice!

Im pleased you liked it,   it didnt do well on IG.
2023-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-12 23:16
We had a lovely day out in Tissington - and got back 5 minutes before the heavens opened.
Got a little Pocket 2 footage of mother duck and her chicks scuttling across the road from pond to stream.

I cant complain about the rain we really need it here.   We saw a few swans still sitting on their nests but we have yet to see any baby ducks here and ~Ive been to loads of water ways looking.   
2023-6-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oh thats lovely.    so perhaps I started looking for ducklings too early.  
2023-6-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-13 00:06
oh thats lovely.    so perhaps I started looking for ducklings too early.

Not necessarily. There were other families on the pond where the babies were almost as big as the mother.
2023-6-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 23:57
Im pleased you liked it,   it didnt do well on IG.

I don't like the way posts are pushed (or not).
2023-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-12 09:37
I'm sure they'd be glad to get back anything you can re-unite them with.

I was able to get in touch with the rental agency for the boat.  They would not give me contact info for the person that rented the boat but agreed to pass my contact information along to him.  I've made the effort so hopefully I'll hear from him.  
2023-6-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-13 03:13
I was able to get in touch with the rental agency for the boat.  They would not give me contact info for the person that rented the boat but agreed to pass my contact information along to him.  I've made the effort so hopefully I'll hear from him.

You have done everything you can
2023-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 23:22
Thanks DT,  Yes they are for rent,    I really must look up what they cost.

My pleasure DA.    Would be curious as to what they rent for.  
2023-6-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules