3015 65 2023-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

Drone Operator fined 3K and Drone destroyed
Not sure if it was an DJI Drone at all but it makes interesting reading!
Source - Manx Radio
23-year-old arrested in Sulby on Wednesday
An engineer from Dartford has been fined £3,000 after being caught flying a drone near the TT Course.
Alex Matthew Shrimpton, of Rayford Close, was arrested in Sulby yesterday (7 June) whilst racing was ongoing.
At Douglas Courthouse today (8 June) the 23-year-old admitted flying the unmanned aircraft, within 1000 metres of the course, without lawful authority or excuse.
The court heard race control, at The Grandstand, had been notified that a drone was being flown - in a field near Sulby Bridge at around 2.20pm.
Police attended the scene to arrest Shrimpton – claiming on social media that officers had ‘climbed through a river and barbed wire fencing’ in order to do so.
The prosecutor said the TT visitor was cooperative, and had handed over his mobile phone, adding that Shrimpton had told officers he didn’t know he wasn’t allowed to use the drone as there was no signage.
Suggesting he should have looked up the rules on the government website before coming to the Island he added: “Ignorance of the law is no excuse or any defence.”
Defending his client Shrimpton’s advocate replied: “How many people would go on holiday and look at the laws of the land for where they are going? It’s a preposterous suggestion.”
Adding that Shrimpton accepted he’d broken the law he said whilst the drone had been flown near to the course it hadn’t been flown over it.
Sentencing Shrimpton Magistrates told him he should have been more responsible adding: “Can you imagine the catastrophe that could have been caused?
“We have to send a very firm message that we want to have a safe TT.”
The fine, and prosecution costs of £125, must be paid before Shrimpton is released from custody – his drone, memory card and battery will also be destroyed.

2023-6-9
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

“Can you imagine the catastrophe that could have been caused?" - The same catastrophe that a rogue seagull or a pigeon could have caused, but we can't control that, can we?
2023-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sentencing Shrimpton Magistrates told him he should have been more responsible adding: “Can you imagine the catastrophe that could have been caused?

Who is he kidding?
If that was a priority they wouldn't allow anyone to race there.
So far there have been 282 deaths in the TT and Isle of Man GP.
2023-6-9
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Labroides Posted at 6-9 06:49
Who is he kidding?

Maybe you'll re-think your opinion. I does make a big difference if I'd risk my life due to my own driving skills OR if I'd loose my life because a drone flies into my bike.

Said that - I am not saying that the prosecurtor was right nor am I saying that the dronepilot did nothing wrong. I don't know all the details, so I can't say anything about it. And the good news is: I don't have to sy something about it.
But your opinion was just absolutly wrong. So I had to say something about that.

As I know that you will probybly not get my point, I am saying already that I will not discuss this here anyfurther.
2023-6-9
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

A lot of this issue was down to the fact that there was low flying medical helicopters and TV helicopters around the race track that was the reason for a no Drone fly Zone around the racecourse.

Here is a Link to the Isle of Man Governments CAA TT restriction - IOM CAA
2023-6-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It sends some message but the consequences i.e. fine etc. needs to be publicised.  
2023-6-9
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

They got a scape goat to advertise their intents, hope the pilot gets a good lawyer.
2023-6-9
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

HDPS Posted at 6-9 10:19
They got a scape goat to advertise their intents, hope the pilot gets a good lawyer.

He had a lawyer representing him and he was fined £3K and lost his drone.
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Flying drone is very dangerous.  It could of killed everyone at the race. Instead of investing time and money into catch robbers, rapist, murder, we should spend more money and time catching drone pilot.
2023-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ElleKN Posted at 6-9 07:01
Maybe you'll re-think your opinion. I does make a big difference if I'd risk my life due to my own driving skills OR if I'd loose my life because a drone flies into my bike.

Said that - I am not saying that the prosecurtor was right nor am I saying that the dronepilot did nothing wrong. I don't know all the details, so I can't say anything about it. And the good news is: I don't have to sy something about it.

Maybe you'll re-think your opinion...
But your opinion was just absolutly wrong. So I had to say something about that.
You have no idea what my opinion is.
Since racing started on the Isle of Man, they have had an average of 2.5 deaths per year in the TT and GP races.
The magistrate's concern for safety is misplaced.
Can you imagine the catastrophe that could have been caused?
He seems totally unaware of the catastrophe that is caused each year by the race itself.

As I know that you will probybly not get my point, I am saying already that I will not discuss this here anyfurther.
I don't think you had a point.

2023-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-9 11:16
Flying drone is very dangerous.  It could of killed everyone at the race. Instead of investing time and money into catch robbers, rapist, murder, we should spend more money and time catching drone pilot.

Flying drone is very dangerous.  It could of killed everyone at the race.
Really??
A single drone could have killed everyone in the race??
Everyone?  Really ???

2023-6-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

You got to love Internet news.... sorry "Social Media news"   "Interesting reading?" Ouch.... Who knows what the truth of this story really is....
2023-6-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-9 16:04
You got to love Internet news.... sorry "Social Media news"   "Interesting reading?" Ouch.... Who knows what the truth of this story really is....

Social media?
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

That's what it says:

"Police attended the scene to arrest Shrimpton – claiming on social media that officers had ‘climbed through a river and barbed wire fencing’ in order to do so."
2023-6-10
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Opps, poisted twice
2023-6-10
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

And again....
2023-6-10
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A man mid-20's is currently awaiting sentencing in Yorkshire for flying his drone over a football stadium with a match taking place.
These incidents do annoy me as mostly all the public ever hears about drones is when someone breaks the law like this.

The thing is with this chap at the TT, if he'd actually bothered to ask permission, gave them a flight plan and keeping well away from the crowds etc, they'd have likely given him permission.

Cheers
2023-6-10
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

The truth is that this happened, I live on the IOM and it was headline news, what I originally posted is exactly what happened.
2023-6-10
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

Blackbuckone Posted at 6-10 05:58
Some guy is awaiting sentencing in Yorkshire for flying a drone over a football stadium.

Would be interested to hear what happens with this one!
2023-6-10
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

Blackbuckone Posted at 6-10 06:02
A man mid-20's is currently awaiting sentencing in Yorkshire for flying his drone over a football stadium with a match taking place.
These incidents do annoy me as mostly all the public ever hears about drones is when someone breaks the law like this.

Total ban on them during TT for a 1000m either side of the course! IOM CAA
2023-6-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 03:38
That's what it says:

"Police attended the scene to arrest Shrimpton – claiming on social media that officers had ‘climbed through a river and barbed wire fencing’ in order to do so."

Ahhh, I was thinking you were referring to the news media that appear to have covered the story rather than a comment within the story.
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

PeterIOM Posted at 6-10 06:03
The truth is that this happened, I live on the IOM and it was headline news, what I originally posted is exactly what happened.

You are, as I am, free to believe what ever you want... I have learned long time ago, that the truth and news don't live together... I'm sure that something has happened. But to know the truth, you need to hear both side of the story and not from a third party...
2023-6-10
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 15:17
Flying drone is very dangerous.  It could of killed everyone at the race.
Really??
A single drone could have killed everyone in the race??

You didnt get the sarcasm? I have never heard any drone killing a person. Even if a drone powerful as a mavic 3 flew out of control and hit someone. I doubt it can even kill. Most likely little scratches and small cut. The gov act like drones are killer machines making all these stupid rules and laws regulating it and taking the fun out of it. I remember long time ago as a kid and getting a toy drone for Christmas,  taking it out and flying the way i want with no laws telling me i cant do this or that. Now we have to worried a about breaking these stupid laws that makes no sense.
2023-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 15:03
You are, as I am, free to believe what ever you want... I have learned long time ago, that the truth and news don't live together... I'm sure that something has happened. But to know the truth, you need to hear both side of the story and not from a third party...

What aspect of the story do you feel is doubtful?
It seems pretty simple and straightforward.

But I forgot, you have trouble accepting anything.
2023-6-10
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This isnt about the drone hurting someone perse, its about the very low flying helicopters that film the races. There are NOTAM's in place.

Whilst £3k sounds like a lot, in the UK were are fined based on our earnings nowadays, had matey been on the dole, prob would have been under £300, matey must have a decent wage earning job. Although, banged up until fine paid is a tad much...
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-10 18:36
What aspect of the story do you feel is doubtful?
It seems pretty simple and straightforward.

I would like to hear both side of the story and then as usual find the truth somewhere in the middle... As you get older, you will understand this, trust me...

However I do have problems accepting anything or stories like the one of your (so far) invented cusomers, if you know what I mean...

2023-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 19:03
I would like to hear both side of the story and then as usual find the truth somewhere in the middle... As you get older, you will understand this, trust me...

However I do have problems accepting anything or stories like the one of your (so far) invented cusomers, if you know what I mean...

I would like to hear both side of the story and then as usual find the truth somewhere in the middle.
Both sides?
What other side would you like to hear?
I already asked what aspect you find doubtful?

trust me...
That's never going to happen.

2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-10 20:06
I would like to hear both side of the story and then as usual find the truth somewhere in the middle.
Both sides?
What other side would you like to hear?

You can trust me... I'm not the one going around making up stories...
2023-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 20:32
You can trust me... I'm not the one going around making up stories...

I'm not the one going around making up stories...
Except for the ones you've made up about me.

So what aspect of the news report are you doubting?
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-10 21:52

I didn't made up anything... You are the one telling people that your customers are happy with your quality of pictures and yet you can't share either a business name or a link to prove that those customers do actually exist....

Are you ok? I reply to your question the first time... You need to read it... is up to #35...
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-10 21:52

I found it a bit dimwit to quote in blue the quote that's already above...

But that's not something new for you... I'm sure I'm not the first one telling you this...
2023-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 22:28
I didn't made up anything... You are the one telling people that your customers are happy with your quality of pictures and yet you can't share either a business name or a link to prove that those customers do actually exist....

Are you ok? I reply to your question the first time... You need to read it... is up to #35...

You are the one telling people that your customers are happy with your quality of pictures and yet you can't share either a business name or a link to prove that those customers do actually exist....

1.  I didn't discuss anything about my business with you.
You came in on a discussion I was having with another member and started demanding I give you information.
2.  My clients are happy, but I don't have to share any personal business details with an uninformed troll just because he demands it.
I don't have to prove anything to an ignorant troll.

It seems the question about what part of the news story you found hard to believe is too difficult for you to answer, so I won't bother asking again.

2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-10 23:09
You are the one telling people that your customers are happy with your quality of pictures and yet you can't share either a business name or a link to prove that those customers do actually exist....

1.  I didn't discuss anything about my business with you.

What business???
2023-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

It's none of your business.
2023-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 22:28
I didn't made up anything... You are the one telling people that your customers are happy with your quality of pictures and yet you can't share either a business name or a link to prove that those customers do actually exist....

Youre having a laugh, why should anyone give you their business details, thats just plain ridiculous
2023-6-11
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-11 01:59
It's none of your business.

Apparently it is nobody business...
2023-6-11
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-9 09:18
Absolutely ridiculous overreach.

Surely it’s simply applying a basic rule. The man was a fool.
2023-6-11
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
France

HDPS Posted at 6-9 10:19

Why? He broke a basic rule about drone flying.
2023-6-11
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
France

Only for lazy people like yourself.
2023-6-11
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

DuRavary Posted at 6-11 23:02
Only for lazy people like yourself.

What the feck are you on about?
2023-6-11
Use props