1007 10 2023-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Hello there.

After reviewing videos from the third flight of my replacement Mini 3 Pro that I received after IMU failure on the previous one I felt that something is off. You know, that feeling in the stomach you get when something is not right but you just can't put your finger on it. So, of course, I connected the bigger screen and started pixel peeping. In this process I think I noticed 3 problems:

1. Horizon is tilted for about 1 - 2 degrees
2. Micro vibrations in the footage
3. Slight lens distortion

I ask anyone who has some spare time to please take a look at this footage and help me determine if I am right or just imagining things.

https://media.itsinbox.com/uploa ... 230603_gazela_8.MP4

2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration and have a test flight again in an open area or location to see if the issue persists? Please let us know if you still notice the said issue. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-9
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I see the obstruction of the horizon, try manual calibrations.
I don't see any other problems.
2023-6-10
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-9 23:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration and have a test flight again in an open area or location to see if the issue persists? Please let us know if you still notice the said issue. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi. I will try gimbal calibration when the weather allows it and report results here.
2023-6-13
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 6-10 08:55
I see the obstruction of the horizon, try manual calibrations.
I don't see any other problems.

In my area horizon is always obstructed, but you can look at the angle between the buildings and the ground. Besides slight horizon tilt I also notice a slight image shake. Take a look at these two buildings zoomed in:

https://media.itsinbox.com/upload/media/2023/5/11/15/50/767/8140/Mini_3_shake.mp4

On the next clip I notice that the shape of that tall building changes while it moves through the frame, but I am not sure if it is an optical illusion or a lens deformation:

https://media.itsinbox.com/upload/media/2023/5/11/15/53/898/8137/Mini_3_shake_2.mp4
2023-6-13
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Tuxtard Posted at 6-13 23:45
In my area horizon is always obstructed, but you can look at the angle between the buildings and the ground. Besides slight horizon tilt I also notice a slight image shake. Take a look at these two buildings zoomed in:

https://media.itsinbox.com/upload/media/2023/5/11/15/50/767/8140/Mini_3_shake.mp4

There is a slight trembling, but the buildings are too far away, we still have to check and observe. About the distortion of the building - the lens is wide-angle and distortion changes from the center to the edge, but nothing bad caught my eye.
2023-6-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can see the image shake but youre zoomed in to the max, this is only really useful for scouting not for recording as its only digital, the image degrades too much to be of any use and any decrapancies will be shown, what is it like without any zoom, i suspect its 100% A OK, post the same view without it, please.

Gimbal tilt should be rectified with a calibration, after calibration, spin the drone around to see if it holds its level in all directions, if not, i would open a ticket as that is not normal
2023-6-14
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Bashy Posted at 6-14 19:10
I can see the image shake but youre zoomed in to the max, this is only really useful for scouting not for recording as its only digital, the image degrades too much to be of any use and any decrapancies will be shown, what is it like without any zoom, i suspect its 100% A OK, post the same view without it, please.

Gimbal tilt should be rectified with a calibration, after calibration, spin the drone around to see if it holds its level in all directions, if not, i would open a ticket as that is not normal

Yeah it is zoomed in, but even so, is it normal? I noticed this shake only on this replacement unit. On the previous unit I think there were no shakes in these circumstances, but I am not completely sure as I wasn't really paying this much attention. I just replaced props on one arm because when I received this replacement unit I noticed that props on that arm are slightly bent. I hope this fixes the shakes and I will perform calibration to try to fix the tilt issue and when the weather settles I will take it for a test spin.
2023-6-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tuxtard Posted at 6-13 23:41
Hi. I will try gimbal calibration when the weather allows it and report results here.

Thank you, please keep us posted. Stay safe always!
2023-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
France

Tuxtard Posted at 6-15 00:07
Yeah it is zoomed in, but even so, is it normal? I noticed this shake only on this replacement unit. On the previous unit I think there were no shakes in these circumstances, but I am not completely sure as I wasn't really paying this much attention. I just replaced props on one arm because when I received this replacement unit I noticed that props on that arm are slightly bent. I hope this fixes the shakes and I will perform calibration to try to fix the tilt issue and when the weather settles I will take it for a test spin.

that could well have been the cause, props can cause shaking...
2023-6-16
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

1. I calibrated gimbal and horizon tilt is fixed. It still slightly tilts from time to time, but after camera reset it fixes itself
2. Vibrations are gone after prop replacement
3. Lens distortion is noticable, especially in 48 MP photos. I guess this is normal for this model and it can be fixed in post? Is there a lens correction profile for M3P out there?

2023-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules