Feature Request: Add Gimbal Protection Mount Warning Message
404 7 2023-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

I'm regularly flying with my gimbal protection cap still being mounted unintentionally.

The gimbal protection cap is just too inconspicuous to be noticed.

Please, DJI, add a warning message to the DJI Fly app, informing the user that the gimbal protection cap is still mounted to the device.

2023-6-9
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Flight distance : 424865 ft
Australia

If youre not fully checking youre drone before flying (the gimbal cap is pretty highly visable, man), then you probably need to reassess your process.
On the other hand, if you think for a second that DJI give a single snot for their existing customer base, you havent been paying attention.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-6-9
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

If you're "forgetting" to remove the gimbal cover, it's quite likely that you're also forgetting to unfold the propeller arms sometimes. You just need to make it part of the set up routine - remove the gimbal cover, unfold the arms, give everything a once over inspection, fly!
2023-6-10
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

No warning is needed and dJI should not have to add it to the software,that is the pilots responsability as part of the preflight checklist.And removing the gimbal cover is a big part.
2023-6-10
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

That's nonesense. It's not funny, either. Sorry, folks …
2023-6-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Why not add a flag to the gimbal cover that you can't miss? Never mind, you want a nanny.
2023-6-10
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

Great idea! Yes, that's a feasible solution.

Nonetheless, that's what driver software is made for: device status check and thorough information presentation.
2023-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules