665 9 2023-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dthawk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just started having this issue. My Mavic 2 Pro goes ROGUE. When I take my hands off the controls. It flies away or slowly drift away.  I also been having Re Center Stick Error beeping when I turn on the controller. It clears up after 30 seconds now get this every time I start my controller.  Maybe I need to do a calibration of my controller sticks.  I think this is what is causing my drone to not stay at its last position when hands are off the controller.
Any suggestions?  How do you re calibrate the controller sticks?

David
Plano TX

2023-6-9
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Yes, that sounds like your RC needs calibration. It is in the menu in your Go4 app (under the RC icon), follow the instructions there. It's easy and quickly done.
2023-6-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let us know what step actually gets you fixed up.  The stick error for sure sounds like a controller calibration needs to be done.  If the drone is not holding it's location, well that could be low light I think.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the RC calibration and IMU calibration via DJI Go 4 app and check if the issue persists? Also, can you please confirm if you did experience an error message during the said issue? If yes, please provide us a screenshot so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-9
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 6-9 10:05
Yes, that sounds like your RC needs calibration. It is in the menu in your Go4 app (under the RC icon), follow the instructions there. It's easy and quickly done.

I tried to calibrate the controller but I never a confirmation its calibrated. I move the sticks in all directions like it says to do. Never get any acknowledgment its been successfully calibrated. I don't know if I am doing it correctly. I have never done this before.  Any suggestions ?
2023-6-10
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Dthawk Posted at 6-10 04:55
I tried to calibrate the controller but I never a confirmation its calibrated. I move the sticks in all directions like it says to do. Never get any acknowledgment its been successfully calibrated. I don't know if I am doing it correctly. I have never done this before.  Any suggestions ?

It's a while since I calibrated my RC, but I don't think you get a message that the calibration was successful, like you do after a compass calibration.
Have you tried flying afterwards, does it seem better now?
2023-6-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you scroll down the calibration page and move both dials? I recollect that those dials are included in the calibration process.
2023-6-10
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-10 06:41
Did you scroll down the calibration page and move both dials? I recollect that those dials are included in the calibration process.

Yes and it looks like my problem is resolved. It does not fly away when I take my hands off the sticks. Success!
2023-6-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dthawk Posted at 6-10 14:51
Yes and it looks like my problem is resolved. It does not fly away when I take my hands off the sticks. Success!

Thanks for the info. I have noticed my M2P drifting a bit after launch for no apparent reason. I will re-calibrate.
2023-6-10
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-10 21:11
Thanks for the info. I have noticed my M2P drifting a bit after launch for no apparent reason. I will re-calibrate.

Let us know if re calibrating the controller sticks worked for you to?
2023-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules