o(^-^)o
unmanned
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the Inspire 3 have Pano Modes?
Does it have exposure bracketing?

I searched the online manual for "bracket" and "Pano" and nothing turned up.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Inspire 3 is a professional cinematic-grade drone that uses DJI Pilot 2. This drone does not support still photography like other consumer drones. For more specifications, you may refer to our website at https://www.dji.com/inspire-3/specs and the user manual on this link https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_V1.0_EN.pdf . Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-9
Use props
unmanned
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-9 20:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Inspire 3 is a professional cinematic-grade drone that uses DJI Pilot 2. This drone does not support still photography like other consumer drones. For more specifications, you may refer to our website at https://www.dji.com/inspire-3/specs and the user manual on this link https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_3/20230524UM/DJI_Inspire_3_User_Manual_V1.0_EN.pdf . Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Wow, I didn't expect that.

Does DJI have plans to release a Professional photography-grade drone?
2023-6-9
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some basic photo functions are missing on the I3 .

You can select the format (jpeg, dng, both), you can adjust the white balance, you can adjust how much NR and sharpening are applied to the jpegs. You can control the basic exposure settings -  iso, shutter speed, aperture and exposure compensation.

There is no exposure bracketing. This is obviously (I hope) just a mistake. DJI please - this needs to be added.

With the full frame sensor this would be perfect for night time hyperlapses. Pretty much every client wants a couple of these. There are no options for this.
You can't select an image format (ratio), but I suppose this is easy in post.

You can select spot or average metering, but not from the main screen. For whatever reason this is in the "advanced camera settings" sub-menu.

You can select the focus point on the screen.

None of the "smart" photo options such as a pano or 360 are present.

2023-6-10
Use props
Haefnerphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138323 ft
United States

I agree, the missing automatic exposure bracketing needs to be added sooner than later.  Your response earlier was strange, still photographers are certainly as professional as motion producers.  To suggest we should only use consumer products is ridiculous!  By the way, I am very happy with the new sensor and have tested it with all four lenses.  The results are exceptionally sharp, even the corners look pretty good.
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

unmanned Posted at 6-9 20:53

Thank you for your response. No worries, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-6-11
Use props
Eric Staudenmaier
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 01:57
Thank you for your response. No worries, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!

Thanks, Paladin. I'd like to think there are enough high-end architectural photographers and landscape photographers to justify focusing some energy on marketing and development toward that crowd. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure cost is the main barrier. Architecture photographers tend to have lower budgets than motion productions

2023-6-11
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Inspire 3 is a professional cinematic-grade drone that uses DJI Pilot 2. This drone does not support still photography like other consumer drones. For more specifications, you may refer to our website at https://www.dji.com/inspire-3/specs and the user manual on this link https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_3/20230524UM/DJI_Inspire_3_User_Manual_V1.0_EN.pdf . Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

The way you answered this question implies that a cinematic grade drone does not need panoramic features or bracketing features for photography. I really hope this is not true and that DJI is planning to provide these features. This drone is every bit of a professional aerial photography camera as well, and if DJI is not looking at this as such, then this would be a terrible oversight, especially since there is no other fully integrated drone camera on the market that can shoot photographs at this high megapixels as the X9-Air.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Eric Staudenmaier Posted at 6-11 10:00
Thanks, Paladin. I'd like to think there are enough high-end architectural photographers and landscape photographers to justify focusing some energy on marketing and development toward that crowd. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure cost is the main barrier. Architecture photographers tend to have lower budgets than motion productions

We totally understand your concern, Eric. No worries, we will gather this feedback of yours and will coordinate these with our team. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ScooterC5 Posted at 6-11 16:03
The way you answered this question implies that a cinematic grade drone does not need panoramic features or bracketing features for photography. I really hope this is not true and that DJI is planning to provide these features. This drone is every bit of a professional aerial photography camera as well, and if DJI is not looking at this as such, then this would be a terrible oversight, especially since there is no other fully integrated drone camera on the market that can shoot photographs at this high megapixels as the X9-Air.

Hello there. Thank you for joining this thread. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a good one.
2023-6-12
Use props
Eric Staudenmaier
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 01:00
We totally understand your concern, Eric. No worries, we will gather this feedback of yours and will coordinate these with our team. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you, Paladin
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-15
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is a massive deal breaker for me, I will have to hold on to the inspire 2 for a bit longer until DJI release some firmware updates to implement this. I shoot video but Still photography is my main focus here and bracketed panoramas are a must for most of my development contracts.
2023-6-15
Use props
Stefan Jannides
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43412 ft
Australia

Yes not having AEB and Burst modes is a deal breaker for me too.  These are basic functions pro photographers need and all pro cameras have them so unfortunate it's been left out of an otherwise great looking unit. I won't be upgrading from the Inspire 2 X7 until this has been addressed.
2023-6-16
Use props
fansf79c851e
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI, I have purchased the Inspire 3 for both motion and stills. Please add multi shot feature to the app. I am missing action sequences with the slow single shot. It's obvious DJI considers this as a stills camera as well otherwise they wouldn't have added the stills activation button . I suggest allowing the user to hold down stills button to transform in to a sequence of shots like a typical mirrorless... also please add continuous focus not just single
2023-6-18
Use props
fanse99348c4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1663661 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m shocked those basic photos modes are missing! They should be added ASAP.
2023-6-23
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Has the AEB been added to the inspire 3 yet? if not when?
2023-6-27
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 6-27 18:28
Has the AEB been added to the inspire 3 yet? if not when?

You can be assured no features have been added until there is at least a new firmware update available.
2023-6-27
Use props
Team_HGEsch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5727776 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Our team is also eagerly awaiting the bracketing function. I hope that it will be included in the next update.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Team_HGEsch Posted at 7-21 01:30
Our team is also eagerly awaiting the bracketing function. I hope that it will be included in the next update.

Hi, we acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-7-21
Use props
Cori
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2519977 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I purchased my Inspire 3 primarily for still photography---because it has the best DJI camera available.  I am absolutely dismayed by the lack of standard features it has for still photography, as outlined by others in this thread.  My team and I use it for whale research, and the very slow still rate is a killer--we would have stuck with our Matrice if we had known this in advance.  None of the promotional material for the Inspire 3--or the specification page you referenced in your post on June 9 Paladin mention that standard camera functions for still photography are not included in this very expensive model.  I cannot advise others to upgrade to it unless/until this deficiency is addressed.
2023-8-11
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have purchased the inspire 3 and waiting for delivery, I mainly shoot stills and was hoping for a firmware update by now, I will be posting this straight back if they havent updated the craft within the 14 days. unreal, this post was created on the 9th of June, we are almost in September with no news on this update.   
2023-8-23
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Paladin, is this true? I just cant believe a small software tweak would block so many people buying this drone, I understand pano modes may be cut like they were on the inspire 2 but AEB is a must for manual panoramic photography.
Please confirm as I have an Inspire 3 on the way and will need to post it back if I cant shoot bracketed shots.  
2023-8-27
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Skyris Posted at 8-27 23:35
Hi Paladin, is this true? I just cant believe a small software tweak would block so many people buying this drone, I understand pano modes may be cut like they were on the inspire 2 but AEB is a must for manual panoramic photography.
Please confirm as I have an Inspire 3 on the way and will need to post it back if I cant shoot bracketed shots.

Hi Paladin, can you please confirm with me if we will get AEB, I have 14 days from delivery to send this Inspire 3 back, it was delivered today. I have powered it up and updated firmware and can confirm there is no AEB. this is a must for any camera. You said this is a video drone but it has a dedicated still camera section within the app, the iso changes its values for video and stills, there is a dedicated photo button on the controller so this is not just a video drone. Please let the Inspire 3 purchasers know if this will be in the next update!
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skyris Posted at 8-28 22:40
Hi Paladin, can you please confirm with me if we will get AEB, I have 14 days from delivery to send this Inspire 3 back, it was delivered today. I have powered it up and updated firmware and can confirm there is no AEB. this is a must for any camera. You said this is a video drone but it has a dedicated still camera section within the app, the iso changes its values for video and stills, there is a dedicated photo button on the controller so this is not just a video drone. Please let the Inspire 3 purchasers know if this will be in the next update!

Thank you for your response. The DJI Inspire 3 supports manually adjusting the camera's exposure parameters, but does not support the AEB function. We will take this feedback of yours as a suggestion and forward it to our related team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-31
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 02:42
Thank you for your response. The DJI Inspire 3 supports manually adjusting the camera's exposure parameters, but does not support the AEB function. We will take this feedback of yours as a suggestion and forward it to our related team. Thank you for your understanding and support.

That is no help at all, the AEB fires 3 or 5 shots off very quickly, manually would take for ever with a lot of room for error. I shoot panoramic shots for developments, sunset shots need to be taken quickly as the light is changin fast.... Manually is not a good answer, I really need to know if DJI are going to implement this otherwise I cant use this drone and will need to return it, I am yet to fly it as I am still waiting on reply from DJI support for a week now. This really is unbeliveable for such and expensive drone/camera.
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skyris Posted at 8-31 21:46
That is no help at all, the AEB fires 3 or 5 shots off very quickly, manually would take for ever with a lot of room for error. I shoot panoramic shots for developments, sunset shots need to be taken quickly as the light is changin fast.... Manually is not a good answer, I really need to know if DJI are going to implement this otherwise I cant use this drone and will need to return it, I am yet to fly it as I am still waiting on reply from DJI support for a week now. This really is unbeliveable for such and expensive drone/camera.

Thank you for your response. We totally understand your request. We don't have any specific timeframe regarding this suggestion of yours. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. Hoping for your kind understanding.
2023-9-1
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-1 18:49
Thank you for your response. We totally understand your request. We don't have any specific timeframe regarding this suggestion of yours. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. Hoping for your kind understanding.

This was a feature with the Inspire 2. I can't understand why or how this would not be technically feasible to implement with the Inspire 3 as well. We've lost our SDK, ability to do 360 panoramics,  and now this.
2023-9-1
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-1 18:49

Every inspire camera has had this feature, I have owned the x3, x5, x5s and x7.. this must be something you have missed and we should not need to suggest this as a feature, its a standard camera function. Inspire have always been a video and still drone.
If support hasn't contacted me mid next week its going to get sent back, its an amazing looking drone and cant wait to use it properly when it has features that still photographers can use.
2023-9-2
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ScooterC5 Posted at 9-1 20:50
This was a feature with the Inspire 2. I can't understand why or how this would not be technically feasible to implement with the Inspire 3 as well. We've lost our SDK, ability to do 360 panoramics,  and now this.

I have been waiting years to have a full frame on an inspire body and its crazy that they have decided to drop this standard camera feature.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ScooterC5 Posted at 9-1 20:50

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that this will be sent to our designated team. Take care always.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skyris Posted at 9-2 23:02
Every inspire camera has had this feature, I have owned the x3, x5, x5s and x7.. this must be something you have missed and we should not need to suggest this as a feature, its a standard camera function. Inspire have always been a video and still drone.
If support hasn't contacted me mid next week its going to get sent back, its an amazing looking drone and cant wait to use it properly when it has features that still photographers can use.

We totally understand your request. Hope this request will be considered soon. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-3
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-3 19:45
We totally understand your request. Hope this request will be considered soon. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks Paladin, but this really shouldn't have needed to be a request, its a standard still camera function. The inspire 3 defintley does have a still camera function unlike the Ronin 4d which is a full dedicated video camera.
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skyris Posted at 9-4 12:44
Thanks Paladin, but this really shouldn't have needed to be a request, its a standard still camera function. The inspire 3 defintley does have a still camera function unlike the Ronin 4d which is a full dedicated video camera.

You are most welcome. Rest assured that this will be forwarded. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-6
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

unmanned Posted at 6-9 20:53

I didn't know that either. Seems like a waste not to get stills too.
2023-9-8
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have just received this from DJI Support after a lot of back and forth, hope this answers some of your questions

"Sorry about the waiting.

After communicating with our engineers, They confirmed to me that we do not have a plan to include this function in future updates. But now they are aware of this issue and will take your suggestion into account when we plan for future updates. Based on your situation, it's better for you to return it if AEB is a necessity for your work."
2023-9-11
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Netherlands

Not having the same Stills functionality as with Inspire 2 with X7 is obvious  a is a strange situation, to put it mildly. One can expect that such a drone will offer at least the same functionality, but of a higher quality and supplemented with new features and will not be released on to the market in a crippled manner. We also used all the stills features on the I2 and asking ourselfs what to do now. The full frame is also ideally suited for photography. We also agree with what has been said here before that it has nothing to do with feature requests but that it should be part of the standard of this drone. It is entirely reasonable for the users of this drone to expect that. For now despite of the nice quality of the video (although lacking of codecs like PRroRes 4444 who where also available on the I2) the I3 is not the drone we expected and hopefully some firmware updates will deal with this flaws, the sooner the better.
2023-9-20
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 9-11 11:42
I have just received this from DJI Support after a lot of back and forth, hope this answers some of your questions

"Sorry about the waiting.

This is pretty crazy because I know for a fact that DJI support and engineers have well been made aware for months now that people are screaming for this. We've had numerous responses from DJI support employees on the DJI FB group that this has been passed on to them. So when I hear that they're only just now aware of this request, it makes me thing there is either a serious break down in communication, or they're simply ignoring the requests that have been sent to them in the past.
2023-9-20
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My theory on DJI leaving out key features that we once had with the Inspire 2 (photography and SDK features in particular) is that DJI worked hand in hand with a cinema crew for film when developing the Inspire 3. A lot of the old regime who once worked on the Inspire 2 or provided that conduit between DJI and the real users in the field have left. A new regime is in place with very close ties to the needs of 'cinema crews' who don't have the same requirements as some of the rest of us when it comes to photography and other useful waypoint features that we once had with the Inspire 2, Litchi, and even the Go4 app. It's a little sad, but I hope that DJI will listen to a lot of the other users out there are not just strictly Hollywood film crews that have a need and use the Inspire 2 and now Inspire 3 for many 'cinematic' purposes outside the traditional 'film crew'.
2023-9-20
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I cant believe a development team would choose to have a photo button and leave out AEB, I think it was forgotten about, unfortunately DJI don't release small firmware updates and we will have to wait months for them to compile other features that they forgot to add.
2023-9-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules