Interesting error during flight
1397 9 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uerhan
New

Turkey

This screen appeared when  I was flying with my phantom vision 2 plus. My phone was iphone 5 and it was on flight mode. you can not click on the X or O. Luckily the drone was above me that I can safely descend it. Do you know why this happened to me ? I deleted the app from iphone, reinstalled it, the screen dissapeared but i am worried for the next flight. ( ps. i didnt do any firmware upgrades, how did the app understood there is an update and why it showed up during flight ? )

1517581_10152568031887712_2401495669927113273_n.jpg
2014-12-7
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Are you sure you did not have anything running in the background ?
2014-12-7
Use props
uerhan
New

Turkey

No program was running, i shut down all the programs and the phone was in flight mode, so that no one can call me and interrupt the program.
2014-12-7
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Why don't you have the flight time and Wi-Fi strength working in the app ?
Is all firmware upgraded on the Phantom ?
2014-12-7
Use props
uerhan
New

Turkey

I took the picture when the drone was down, that's why there is no info about flight time and wifi strength. I didnt do any firmware upgrades on the phantom. It is interesting that how this app understood it needs a firmware upgrade, and why it showed up during flight ?
2014-12-7
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Good to know that the app will warn of old firmware then.
I always have the latest and greatest installed, so am never going to see this warning.
2014-12-7
Use props
uerhan
New

Turkey

I have several flights but didnt receive any errors like this. does anyone from dji have any idea about this problem
2014-12-7
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

uerhan@gmail.co Posted at 2014-12-8 04:40
No program was running, i shut down all the programs and the phone was in flight mode, so that no on ...

I always thought flight mode on my phone would disable the Wi-Fi?  
2014-12-9
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

On both iphone and Android if you switch to airplane mode then you need to re enable the wi-fi but it still works when airplane mode is on .
mixstreme where was that picture of the typhoon taken  ? they  fly over my house every day .
2014-12-9
Use props
MatChen23
lvl.2
China

It looks like your phone connected to the Internet before your flight, and this might trigger the firmware upgrade of DJI App. Even though you switch your phone to flight mode during your flight, this warning window would still pop out and you cannot close it. The pop out window should be related to the camera upgrade. You may refer to the user manual of Phantom 2 Vision P.20 about how to upgrade the camera. Hope this would help!
2014-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules