I need help! My youtube 4K video taken from my Mini 2 is very bad
737 9 2023-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iannendra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103501 ft
Indonesia

Hello fellow users, so I decided to upload my video taken on a beach from my DJI Mini 2 to youtube. After it uploaded succesfully, the quality on the 1080p option is soo bad.

Here is the video:

On choosing the 4K resolution for the video in youtube, there is no problem since the quality is good. But when I choose the 1080p resolution, the video quality suddenly drops to a horrible quality, even tough it's still watchable, it's just bad.

I decided to check other videos in youtube that contained 4K footages from DJI Mini 2 and upon choosing the 1080p resolution on those videos, the quality is still good and belongs to 1080p quality, unlike my video. Here is those examples:

I really need help. Please help me and give me some thoughts on how should I fix this problem. Because there would be no point in uploading 4K videos taken from my DJI Mini 2 drone to youtube if the 1080p quality sucks...

Thanks guys
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm which of these videos is yours? And if it's not included here, kindly upload it as well so we may check it. Thank you.
2023-6-10
Use props
Iannendra
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 6-10 08:10
Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm which of these videos is yours? And if it's not included here, kindly upload it as well so we may check it. Thank you.

The first video is mine. It shows the poor 1080p quality even tough it was uploaded in 4K to youtube. The second and third video is the examples of 4K videos taken from DJI Mini 2 that have great 1080p quality on youtube. I wonder why this difference existed? Is my 4K video flawed? I need help...
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Iannendra Posted at 6-13 21:04
The first video is mine. It shows the poor 1080p quality even tough it was uploaded in 4K to youtube. The second and third video is the examples of 4K videos taken from DJI Mini 2 that have great 1080p quality on youtube. I wonder why this difference existed? Is my 4K video flawed? I need help...

Thanks for the update. We need to confirm this with our team first. We'll keep you updated.
2023-6-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks fine to me, are you sure that it wasnt YT's processing quality until the video is completely completed uploading and processed, it will show in low quality...
2023-6-14
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

What do I need to view this on to make it look bad? It’s fine on my tablet. That towed raft thing looks boring but there is nothing obviously wrong with the quality.
2023-6-15
Use props
Iannendra
lvl.1
Indonesia

DuRavary Posted at 6-15 04:48
What do I need to view this on to make it look bad? It’s fine on my tablet. That towed raft thing looks boring but there is nothing obviously wrong with the quality.

I mean on my laptop screen, where it is much larger than the tablet one.
2023-6-19
Use props
Iannendra
lvl.1
Indonesia

Bashy Posted at 6-14 18:56
It looks fine to me, are you sure that it wasnt YT's processing quality until the video is completely completed uploading and processed, it will show in low quality...

If you set the first video (my video) to 1080p on Youtube, than the quality will be bad. In contrary, on the second and third video (the examples), if you set the quality to 1080p, than the video quality will be good. Even tough all three videos are taken from the same kind of drone and uploaded on the same maximum video quality (4K), my video (the first one) is the only one that has a bad 1080p quality video.
2023-6-19
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Iannendra Posted at 6-19 08:55
If you set the first video (my video) to 1080p on Youtube, than the quality will be bad. In contrary, on the second and third video (the examples), if you set the quality to 1080p, than the video quality will be good. Even tough all three videos are taken from the same kind of drone and uploaded on the same maximum video quality (4K), my video (the first one) is the only one that has a bad 1080p quality video.

I'm gonna reiterate what everyone else has said, I see no problems with your video in 1080p. I'm watching on a 50" TV.
2023-6-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iannendra Posted at 6-19 08:55
If you set the first video (my video) to 1080p on Youtube, than the quality will be bad. In contrary, on the second and third video (the examples), if you set the quality to 1080p, than the video quality will be good. Even tough all three videos are taken from the same kind of drone and uploaded on the same maximum video quality (4K), my video (the first one) is the only one that has a bad 1080p quality video.

Define bad, there is nothing wrong with it in 1080 that my eyes can see, what are we all missing, please?

Here is a screenshot showing what i can see...

2023-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules