How do I mount a tripod on Pocket 2 without do it all handle?
1061 8 2023-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

If the bottom just has a USB c port, what can I do? Thanks.
2023-6-10
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should have this attachment included:

2023-6-10
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

IMG_4417.jpeg
IMG_4416.jpeg
2023-6-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As smbishop stated above, there should be that adapter in the picture with your Pocket 2 to attach it to a tripod. There are also a couple of additional accessories that you can get separately that also allow this. The official DJI Phone clip has a tripod thread at the bottom, so you can attach the Pocket 2 with a phone connected to the tripod. You could also get the Osmo Pocket Accessory Mount (the one with the GoPro compatible connector) and use that with a GoPro to tripod thread mount to attach it to a tripod.
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There are two ways to mount a tripod on the DJI Pocket 2.

1. Use the DJI Pocket 2 Tripod Mount to connect the gimbal and then connect the tripod.
2. Use the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle to connect the gimbal and then connect the tripod.

Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-6-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Also, there is an Ulanzi adapter type OP-2 that can be used with the Pocket 2, if you remove all the adapters from the bottom of the Pocket 2 before inserting. It also allows charging the Pocket 2 at the same time without the DIA Handle eating up power.
2023-6-11
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-11 05:27
Also, there is an Ulanzi adapter type OP-2 that can be used with the Pocket 2, if you remove all the adapters from the bottom of the Pocket 2 before inserting. It also allows charging the Pocket 2 at the same time without the DIA Handle eating up power.

Interesting.  Do you know if the Do it All Handle is consuming power if you are not wirelessly connected to the Mimo App?  I am wondering if I would get a longer timelapse without the Do It All handle attached.  Normally I start the timelapse with the phone connected, then turn off the phone.  
2023-6-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smbishop Posted at 6-11 09:06
Interesting.  Do you know if the Do it All Handle is consuming power if you are not wirelessly connected to the Mimo App?  I am wondering if I would get a longer timelapse without the Do It All handle attached.  Normally I start the timelapse with the phone connected, then turn off the phone.

My guess is it does, as it has other components and uses besides being controlled with the Mimo app (for instance, the additional speaker when playing back videos and the ability to link to the wireless Pocket 2 external microphone). Not sure how big the difference is though. And there certainly are some advantages in having an external display (such as making sure the image is properly focused).
2023-6-13
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

smbishop Posted at 6-10 12:10

Thank you mate!
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced