1505 7 2023-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

I decided to try and figure out Story Mode on my Pocket 2 today.  The user manual is not very helpful.  What I learned:

• When using the Mimo App, It does not work with the Do It All Handle, the camera needs to be connected to the phone directly.
  • If using the Mimo App, you can choose different templates and it will walk you through each shot with examples.
  • The templates do not tell you how long the video will be.  Most seemed short to me.
  • You can use Story Mode with out the Mimo App.  Slide to the righ on the screen and slide up to Story Mode.  When you start, it will prompt you to record an unlimited amount of different types of shots, using arrows to show you which way the gimble will move.  Just stop when you have enought shots.
  • Without the Mimo App, the Do It All Handle can be attached for filming.
  • The Do It All handle can also be used for downloading and editing.
  • Connect the Mimo App and select the library and download the shots you took and and AI Editor button appears which will walk you through a video with music and transitions.
  • I also used the reccomended App, LightCut  for the video below.  I chose "One-Tap Edit" and this is what it created:
  • 5 minutes is all it took for a quick and fun video...

2023-6-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Asking about your point number 1: Do you mean the Story mode is not available in the Mimo app when the Do-It-All handle is attached? Or is it that the Mimo app is not working at all with you when having the DIA Handle attached? If the latter, then there is something wrong. You should be able to control the Pocket 2 wirelessly with the DIA Handle and Mimo app.

As for the video, the result is pretty nice.
2023-6-10
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-10 14:37
Asking about your point number 1: Do you mean the Story mode is not available in the Mimo app when the Do-It-All handle is attached? Or is it that the Mimo app is not working at all with you when having the DIA Handle attached? If the latter, then there is something wrong. You should be able to control the Pocket 2 wirelessly with the DIA Handle and Mimo app.

As for the video, the result is pretty nice.

Story mode is not available when attached to the Do-It-All handle.  Mimo app works fine, Story Mode does not show up....
2023-6-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice. You seem to have mastered that function.
2023-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this information Scott.  
2023-6-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smbishop Posted at 6-10 16:01
Story mode is not available when attached to the Do-It-All handle.  Mimo app works fine, Story Mode does not show up....

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
2023-6-11
Use props
djiuser_W1b2a5Ofs3Of
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When entering the Mimo App it keeps taking me to the Lightcut editing app. Why is this and why can't I edit in the Mimo App itself?
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_W1b2a5Ofs3Of Posted at 6-26 22:58
When entering the Mimo App it keeps taking me to the Lightcut editing app. Why is this and why can't I edit in the Mimo App itself?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Please confirm what DJI Mimo app version are you currently using on your mobile device. Also, please confirm what specific mobile device are you using. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules