New to me, Used Drone bound to another account
572 4 2023-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Corp_T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4009 ft

United States

I bought a used drone from someone who deals in lost freight and it's bound to another account. He's not able to unbind it as he wasn't the original owner. Is there a way to get it unbound through DJI or a magic key sequence? I have everything that came in the fly more box it so it's clearly not a drone that was lost/stolen but I'd like to bind it to my account. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2023-6-11
Use props
WN1X
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

You are most likely out of luck unless you can contact the previous owner and get them to unbound the drone.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Apologies. Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and to respect the privacy rules and regulations. If you purchase a second-hand drone, we recommend you try to contact your seller to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. Hoping for your kind understanding.

If your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please let us know by sending an email to support@dji.com and send the proof of purchase. If you have the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we could not guarantee the result. We will try to wait for the owner's answer within 5 working days and give you feedback as soon as possible. Hope for your understanding and support.
2023-6-11
Use props
Corp_T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4009 ft

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 6-11 12:56
Hi there. Apologies. Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and to respect the privacy rules and regulations. If you purchase a second-hand drone, we recommend you try to contact your seller to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. Hoping for your kind understanding.

If your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please let us know by sending an email to support@dji.com and send the proof of purchase. If you have the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we could not guarantee the result. We will try to wait for the owner's answer within 5 working days and give you feedback as soon as possible. Hope for your understanding and support.

Thank you, I’m in contact with someone from support and they’re trying to reach out to the previous account.

However, there should be a way to unbind it without harassing the previous owner if it hasn’t been reported stolen and you have the drone and controller.
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Corp_T Posted at 6-13 06:54
Thank you, I’m in contact with someone from support and they’re trying to reach out to the previous account.

However, there should be a way to unbind it without harassing the previous owner if it hasn’t been reported stolen and you have the drone and controller.

Hi there. Thanks for the update. Sorry again for any inconvenience. I'll make sure to communicate with the team to further assist you regarding the matter. Appreciate your patience.
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules