1150 8 2023-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
High In the Sky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476585 ft
United States

Hello,

I am trying to fly in a warehouse no more than 30 FT AGL. The drone cannot fly higher than about 10 FT AGL. I'm assuming this is due to not having satellite connection inside the warehouse. Is there any way I can override this? I need to get above the racking storage system to show pictures/video for my company. Is there a workaround this restriction?  

Thanks
2023-6-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Start your flight close to the roof of the warehouse....you cannot go higher than 10 ft   but AFAIK lower is not a problem.

cheers
JJB
2023-6-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uum with good lighting, so that the VPS can work, the ceiling is 5m.
From the manual
"Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Infrared Sensing System is operating."

The work around is to tape over the VPS sensors but then the drone will be in ATTI mode and you, the pilot, will be responsible FOR ALL horizontal control.
In tight spaces and without experience that is likely to end in a crash.

Also are you and the company aware that you probably need to be a part-107 pilot for this.
I also think that the company can be legally 'hammered', far worse than you - the pilot can, if they use a non part-107 pilot for a commercial project?

I'd suggest that you and they need to check on that.

2023-6-11
Use props
High In the Sky
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-11 11:58
From the manual
"Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Infrared Sensing System is operating."

I am part 107 complaint and commercially insured. I was just curious if I have the right equipment. We see drones in warehousing all the time but not sure how they get to the ceiling without a good satellite connection. I’ve never been able to get the drone above 5m.  So tape over the sensors…with electrical tape? I am going to try that. Thanks.
2023-6-11
Use props
High In the Sky
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-11 11:37
Hi,

Start your flight close to the roof of the warehouse....you cannot go higher than 10 ft   but AFAIK lower is not a problem.

Thanks, I didn’t think to start near the ceiling and fly down. Going to try that!
2023-6-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be prepared for it to limit itself if you descend to within the reange of the VPS sensors.
You might care to read https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 38355/#post-1559252
It's a similar thread.
2023-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-11 11:58
From the manual

Also are you and the company aware that you probably need to be a part-107 pilot for this.
I also think that the company can be legally 'hammered', far worse than you - the pilot can, if they use a non part-107 pilot for a commercial project?

Part 107 is an FAA rule.
FAA governs outdoor airspace, they have no interest in, or jurisdiction over indoor flying.
2023-6-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-11 14:40
Part 107 is an FAA rule.

Good point.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. It is normal to have an altitude limit indoors without GPS. Also for consumer drones, it is not advisable to fly indoors or without GPS but if you want to overdrive or develop, please contact our dev team (dev@dji.com) via email for further assistance.
2023-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules