Remote doesn't turn on
12Next >
11367 43 2023-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
babybang
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi, Dji remote just stopped mid flight and won't charge or turn on anymore...looks like this happened to allot of people is there a fix? nothing works no charging lights no power
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, babybang. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. May we ask what are the specific model of your RC and drone? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-6-11
Use props
babybang
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-11 17:36
Hi, babybang. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. May we ask what are the specific model of your RC and drone? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

My RC is the DJI RC-N1 and my drone is the DJi Mavic Air 2

Drone works fine the remote just doesn't do anything (doesn't charge doesn't turn on)
2023-6-11
Use props
babybang
lvl.1

Belgium

babybang Posted at 6-11 21:20

Drone works fine the remote just doesn't do anything (doesn't charge doesn't turn on)

it all happened after the firmware update !!!  #radiosilence
2023-6-12
Use props
babybang
lvl.1

Belgium

could i receive some feedback pls?
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

babybang Posted at 6-11 21:20

Drone works fine the remote just doesn't do anything (doesn't charge doesn't turn on)

Hi, babybang. Thank you for the reply. Please try the following steps below to isolate the issue:
1. Please press the Power Button for one second, then again, hold it to power the remote controller on.
2. Please press the power button once to check if the battery level LEDs are light on. If not, please charge the remote controller, then try it again. If the remote controller cannot be charged, please replace the charger if possible. If it still can not work, please send back the remote controller. (Please see below for more details).
3. If the battery level LEDs are light on, please try to connect the charger, then power on the remote controller to see if it is normal, if not, please send back the remote controller. (Please see below for more details).

Repair details:
You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-16
Use props
djiuser_NSsXtQWyrFQH
New

India

Hi everyone,
I was flying my drone today and suddenly the controller DJI RC (the one sold with MINI 3 ) turned off suddenly and is not at all turning on. There's no led blink on the start up ( one press and press and hold) as well as no led blink while charging as well.
Can anyone help me out on the same. I purchased the drone and RC from indonesia while I live in India.
The drone MINI 3 is turning on and is charging as well but there seems to be an issue with the remore controller.
Please provide assistance on the same.
2023-8-25
Use props
tooshir beestobchurn
New

Mauritius

Hello, i have the same problem. Lost connection with drone. And the controller is not turning on nor charging.
Controller- dji rc
Drone- mini 3 pro
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tooshir beestobchurn Posted at 9-4 03:16
Hello, i have the same problem. Lost connection with drone. And the controller is not turning on nor charging.
Controller- dji rc
Drone- mini 3 pro

Hi there. Sorry for the late response and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm if the DJI RC still won't turn on after connecting to the charger. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the RC in for proper diagnostics. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best option for you to send the unit or you may contact your local dealer to see the available after-sales services. Thank you.
2023-9-16
Use props
Deepan pt
New

India

Hi DJI Team, My Mini 2 remote is not switching on, i bought this in UK and am now in India. Not sure what to do
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_xvlq5LF58cOM
New

Canada

Hi DJI,
I have the same issue as a LOT of your other customers have encountered…was mid-flight, and as I recall there was some kind of update that popped up, and my controller that had full battery instantly went dead and I had to frantically wait to see what would happen to my drone.
Luckily it returned to home but still frustrated over here at how to get this resolved…
It is a DJI mini 2
Thanks,
John
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_xvlq5LF58cOM Posted at 11-30 17:26
Hi DJI,
I have the same issue as a LOT of your other customers have encountered…was mid-flight, and as I recall there was some kind of update that popped up, and my controller that had full battery instantly went dead and I had to frantically wait to see what would happen to my drone.
Luckily it returned to home but still frustrated over here at how to get this resolved…

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate event. May I confirm if you tried to charge your remote controller? If the remote is unresponsive, please try to use different chargers or cables to see if the problem persists. If the situation remains, you may consider contacting us at www.dji.com/support Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_PIJAGwmHIKZt
New

Philippines

my dji mini 2 remote controller too just suddenly cannot turn-on
2023-12-15
Use props
djiuser_iIK9a8t7SPGs
New
Malaysia

I have the same issue, unable to turn on dji mini 2 remote controller suddenly. Tried the method as above mentioned, it’s still no light when put to charge.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_iIK9a8t7SPGs Posted at 12-15 17:53
I have the same issue, unable to turn on dji mini 2 remote controller suddenly. Tried the method as above mentioned, it’s still no light when put to charge.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you tried charging using a different power supply or replacing your cable? Thank you.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PIJAGwmHIKZt Posted at 12-15 17:27
my dji mini 2 remote controller too just suddenly cannot turn-on

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. If I may ask, does it light up when you try to charge it? Thank you.
2023-12-15
Use props
marekhotshot
lvl.1

Slovakia

same here (mavic air 2 fly more kombo). after updated my drone yesterday after almost 1 year without the update... RC went dead after few minutes of flight. RCs battery was 75% full. almost lost my drone in trees......RC not responsive even when plugged to charger... reading this thread i'm quite sure this last update has something to do with this issue.....any chance of fixing this at home??
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

marekhotshot Posted at 12-19 11:59
same here (mavic air 2 fly more kombo). after updated my drone yesterday after almost 1 year without the update... RC went dead after few minutes of flight. RCs battery was 75% full. almost lost my drone in trees......RC not responsive even when plugged to charger... reading this thread i'm quite sure this last update has something to do with this issue.....any chance of fixing this at home??

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please try to leave the remote controller on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours or more then check if the issue persists. Use a USB-C cable to connect an AC power charger to the USB-C port of the remote controller or Use a USB-C cable to connect a USB Power adapter to the USB-C port of the remote controller. Please keep us posted with the result. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-19
Use props
marekhotshot
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-19 20:31
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please try to leave the remote controller on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours or more then check if the issue persists. Use a USB-C cable to connect an AC power charger to the USB-C port of the remote controller or Use a USB-C cable to connect a USB Power adapter to the USB-C port of the remote controller. Please keep us posted with the result. Thank you for your cooperation.

Tried this several times before I wrote here. Tried again. Using original charger. RC looks dead.
(I was able to charge my phone with the same cable as I used for charging RC.)
2023-12-19
Use props
marekhotshot
lvl.1

Slovakia

So is there anything I can check on my own? Any chance of rollback previous firmware? Anything?
(I'm highly technical person and my drone is out of warranty anyway...)
Thanks!
2023-12-20
Use props
marekhotshot
lvl.1

Slovakia

Found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uI8mscuR4&ab_channel=MrDrone
I think I have the same issue with this chip https://www.mouser.sk/ProductDetail/Qorvo/QPF4550SR?qs=sPbYRqrBIVlLetQedhniXA%3D%3D
2023-12-20
Use props
marekhotshot
lvl.1

Slovakia

Finally sent RC for repair to DJI....
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

marekhotshot Posted at 12-19 23:30
Tried this several times before I wrote here. Tried again. Using original charger. RC looks dead.
(I was able to charge my phone with the same cable as I used for charging RC.)

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Our sincere apologies that you came up with a decision to send the RC for diagnostics. Rest assured that we will assess your unit properly at our facility and will surely update you via email once we receive your RC. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-22
Use props
djiuser_F1oYltRnLrN6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1789718 ft
Canada

My DJI-RC-231 controller shut off mid flight today a few minutes after the latest firmware update. Seems to me like the firmware bricked the controller? I ended up having to retrieve my mini 3 pro from my roof! My dji care ended a couple days ago. I followed all the troubleshooting posted here with no luck,  what are my options here?
1-1 17:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_F1oYltRnLrN6 Posted at 1-1 17:06
My DJI-RC-231 controller shut off mid flight today a few minutes after the latest firmware update. Seems to me like the firmware bricked the controller? I ended up having to retrieve my mini 3 pro from my roof! My dji care ended a couple days ago. I followed all the troubleshooting posted here with no luck,  what are my options here?

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. 'm afraid you need to submit a repair request to get your remote repaired. You can submit a repair request to the DJI Official website using this link: https://repair.dji.com/ca/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
1-1 21:15
Use props
djiuser_1RY4Fp3GgV6p
New
United States

After reading all the comments and responses. It seems DJI support is as useless as tits on a bull. I’m furious at the fact everyone is having the same issue and all support can say is “have you tried charging it?”. Of course everyone here tried every troubleshooting process they could think of and more. Prepare for a class action lawsuit because that’s the route I’m going. This is unacceptable that so many products are being rendered inoperable with so little use. FYI, sending the product to DJI for diagnostics and repair just to be charged for the repair that should be free due to manufacture error is also unacceptable.  
1-3 07:50
Use props
djiuser_Ul1pBDCxfbKp
New

Malaysia

So many users happened to face the same problem. I'm also facing the problem after updating the RC's firmware when the apps requested to update the firmware. The thing is, why DJI's firmware bricked the RC? Yes, we users have tried changing charger cable and chargers because we are not the first time user and also we use smartphone which the process of detecting why phone cannot be charged is the same process. Are this firmware updating and bricked RC is a way to force user to buy new drone?

Drone: DJI Mini 2
RC: DJI RC N1
Phone: Samsung Galaxy M14
1-5 17:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Ul1pBDCxfbKp Posted at 1-5 17:24
So many users happened to face the same problem. I'm also facing the problem after updating the RC's firmware when the apps requested to update the firmware. The thing is, why DJI's firmware bricked the RC? Yes, we users have tried changing charger cable and chargers because we are not the first time user and also we use smartphone which the process of detecting why phone cannot be charged is the same process. Are this firmware updating and bricked RC is a way to force user to buy new drone?

Drone: DJI Mini 2

Hi, there. We truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. If your remote controller becomes unresponsive and not charging after the firmware update, please consider contacting us via this link: www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.
1-6 02:56
Use props
djiuser_xbgVf8DNkO8W
New
Flight distance : 285988 ft
United States

I am having the same exact problems as above, all out of the blue. Yes, I have tried everything. So many people are having this problem, will DJI please admit it is their mistake?!
1-8 07:08
Use props
djiuser_AVumVDWgEMBl
New

Nigeria

Having same problem. Controller just stopped working today. Few mins after I updated the firmware.
We need a solution
Mavic air 2
2-8 09:34
Use props
babybang
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-6 02:56
Hi, there. We truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. If your remote controller becomes unresponsive and not charging after the firmware update, please consider contacting us via this link: www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.

i think we all contacted support ....what i got is a coupon for 30€ after a long back and forth where they stated the controller is no longer under warranty but will give me a coupon, and to be honest i don't feel like buying another DJI product, so the coupon is worthless to me. But most importantly if DJI as a company reads the amount of complaints that the software update bricks controllers it should take serious steps to replacing the controllers and take the loss  on the chin instead of acting like they don't know what's going on !! it's insane how they brush this off ! a very disappointed customer and owner of several DJi products but will no longer buy DJi products unless Dji admits this serious company error.
2-8 20:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_AVumVDWgEMBl Posted at 2-8 09:34
Having same problem. Controller just stopped working today. Few mins after I updated the firmware.
We need a solution
Mavic air 2

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the remote controller can still be turned on? If yes, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the controller, you can also connect your drone to ensure that it is using the latest firmware. Connect the drone and the remote controller then check if the issue persists. If yes, please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2-9 04:06
Use props
Cris_Banchon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 174482 ft
Ecuador

djiuser_xvlq5LF58cOM Posted at 2023-11-30 17:26
Hi DJI,

Entonces debemos tener mucho cuidado a quienes volamos en ciudad ya que esto que nos cunetas es muy preligroso para los equipos, más si no contamos con un seguro local.
2-9 08:57
Use props
djiuser_eScNsPJzTQ6R
New

Netherlands

Same issue here. (New, bought 23rd Jan 2024) RC2 controller won’t turn on (fully). Is fully charged and initially turns on (startup of the fans can be heard) then does not continue to turn on/remains on a black screen.
Only way of turning if off then is the hard-stop (15sec hold).
Please advice.

(Mini 4 pro flymore combo)

3-23 00:25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_eScNsPJzTQ6R Posted at 3-23 00:25
Same issue here. (New, bought 23rd Jan 2024) RC2 controller won’t turn on (fully). Is fully charged and initially turns on (startup of the fans can be heard) then does not continue to turn on/remains on a black screen.
Only way of turning if off then is the hard-stop (15sec hold).

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you show us a video? You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive (any file-sharing site) and then send us the link. Thank you for your patience
3-23 00:34
Use props
djiuser_eScNsPJzTQ6R
New

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 3-23 00:34
Hi. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you show us a video? You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive (any file-sharing site) and then send us the link. Thank you for your patience

Thanks for the quick response.
I’ve uploaded a video of the issue here:

drive.google.com/file/d/1jI1LgkauX3ACzXWY0hLiNz0F4InWUUUL/view?usp=drivesdk
3-23 01:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_eScNsPJzTQ6R Posted at 3-23 01:51
Thanks for the quick response.
I’ve uploaded a video of the issue here:

Thank you very much. Can you please try updating the firmware or refreshing it if it already has the latest firmware? You can update it by downloading the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer and then connecting the remote to your computer. You can refer to this guide; https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper.
If the issue persists, I'm afraid you need to send the drone back to DJI for further checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Thank you for your patience.
3-23 03:39
Use props
fans865b5ba8
New

Costa Rica

Just had my second controller die mid flight. Luckily last one died before I started flying. This time took off in a low lieing area with no satelites. moved it 10-20 meters away and froze. had two wait for the bettery to die when it landed itself into a tree.

WTF is going on. There is obviously and issue with these remotes. changing charging cables is not the issue. The controllers are.

Am I expected to buy a new remote every 6 months. Plus an extra one, as if I'm on a job, I now feel I need a second one as back up.

Any idea what we can do to prevent it from dying, again.
3-26 18:26
Use props
Gerry..Watkins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168169 ft
United Kingdom

Hi ,just bought a Bluetooth gps remote yesterday ..recived it today opened box tried to turn it on nothing filled instructions nothing ,tried pressing button twice and then hold still nothing no green light nothing contacted dji and got told I have to wait 2 days for them to get in touch …. I am starting to think I might have made a mistake buying this item and should maybe have stuck to go pro instead if this is the best Dji can offer ,had no problems with any of the Dji drones , totally cheesed off as wanted to use this remote this evening
4-9 10:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Gerry..Watkins Posted at 4-9 10:18
Hi ,just bought a Bluetooth gps remote yesterday ..recived it today opened box tried to turn it on nothing filled instructions nothing ,tried pressing button twice and then hold still nothing no green light nothing contacted dji and got told I have to wait 2 days for them to get in touch …. I am starting to think I might have made a mistake buying this item and should maybe have stuck to go pro instead if this is the best Dji can offer ,had no problems with any of the Dji drones , totally cheesed off as wanted to use this remote this evening

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please confirm if you are referring to the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth remote controller. If yes, please follow the steps on the tutorial using the link below then check if the issue persists. If yes, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action-4/video
4-10 23:13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules